BIG 8 - Week 0

RebelConvert

It's not the szie of the school that matters but the talent on the field. Sorry, but South comes up short there. Just look back to '06 when South was loaded and had "Superman" at QB, the outcome was not pretty....

the size of the school does matter we all no you play with 11 players

a school with 2000 kids may have 75 to 100 players to pick from,so out of the 11 you put on the field you may have 6 real good players.

a school with 800 kids may have 40 to 60 players to pick from;so out of the 11 you put on the field you may have 3 or 4 real good players.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a school with 2000 kids may have 75 to 100 players to pick from,so out of the 11 you put on the field you may have 6 real good players.

a school with 800 kids may have 40 to 60 players to pick from;so out of the 11 you put on the field you may have 3 or 4 real good players.

This is exactly why this board gets off track and people get there feelings hurt when you say something about their particular school. South has always had a smaller enrollment that DB and I hate that the supporters and kids that go there. I have always been a supporter of the South program as well. They have a good staff and have turned out some very fine players and young men. But turn back the clock a few years when South was doing really well. Alot from South would run their mouths (just like some from DB do) about how it was "their year". Funny you never heard how big DB was and how small South was then. Sounds like all your doing is laying the groundwork so you'll have an excuse to fallback on when South loses once again.

Daniel Boone @ Elizabethton

Sullivan East @ David Crockett

Dobyns-Bennett @ Farragut

Science Hill @ Greeneville

Happy Valley @ Sullivan Central

Sullivan South @ Enka(NC)

Johnson County @ Tennessee High

Sullivan North @ Volunteer

Boone-----28-----Elizabethton--14

Crockett--35-----East----------14

DB--------28-----Farragut------10

SH--------24-----Greeneville---21

SC--------21-----Happy Valley--14

South-----35-----Enka-----------7

TH--------42-----JC-------------7

Volunteer-27-----North---------14

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly why this board gets off track and people get there feelings hurt when you say something about their particular school. South has always had a smaller enrollment that DB and I hate that the supporters and kids that go there. I have always been a supporter of the South program as well. They have a good staff and have turned out some very fine players and young men. But turn back the clock a few years when South was doing really well. Alot from South would run their mouths (just like some from DB do) about how it was "their year". Funny you never heard how big DB was and how small South was then. Sounds like all your doing is laying the groundwork so you'll have an excuse to fallback on when South loses once again.

It certainly doesn't hurt my feelings. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You had a vocal few that said it was "their year" but all of a sudden the entire South fan base gets saddled with the comment. Let's turn back the clock more than a few years. South had a very large enrollment over 1300 in the early 90's as well as North prior to the Lynn Garden annexations...in fact their enrollments were not much smaller than D-B's at the time. Thanks to annexation South is now below 1000. That in itself leaves a lot of us bitter. You will never make me believe that annexations into the North and South school zones have not benefited D-B's sports programs. There are no excuses, just facts. There is a reason the TSSAA sets up divisions based upon enrollment. Waco's comments about the '06 44-0 shellacking is about as relevant as Souths '91 30-0 beat down or the '93 33-7 whipping. South made the worst of HC hires when Coach Smith stepped down at South. That in itself led to the horrible mid 90's and early 2000's. I will say this 17 or 18 losses in a row to you guys is unacceptable....on average I would say that South should or would probably lose 3 out 5 games played because there is just more to choose from at D-B. However not to win one in 18 years...that shouldn't happen.

Edited by 83SouthRebel

It certainly doesn't hurt my feelings. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You had a vocal few that said it was "their year" but all of a sudden the entire South fan base gets saddled with the comment. Let's turn back the clock more than a few years. South had a very large enrollment over 1300 in the early 90's as well as North prior to the Lynn Garden annexations...in fact their enrollments were not much smaller than D-B's at the time. Thanks to annexation South is now below 1000. That in itself leaves a lot of us bitter. You will never make me believe that annexations into the North and South school zones has not benefited D-B's sports programs. There are no excuses, just facts. There is a reason the TSSAA sets up divisions based upon enrollment. Waco's comments about the '06 44-0 shellacking is about as relevant as Souths '91 30-0 beat down or the '93 33-7 whipping. South made the worst of HC hires when Coach Smith stepped down at South. That in itself led to the horrible mid 80's and early 2000's. I will say this 17 or 18 losses in a row to you guys is unacceptable....on average I would say that South should or would probably lose 3 out 5 games played because there is just more to choose from at D-B. However not to win one in 18 years...that shouldn't happen.

Good post 83 :thumb:

Can we move on now? As for predictions,

Boone/Eliz to close to call

South over Enka

DB over Farragut

Greeneville over Science Hill

North over Volunteer

Crockett over East

Tn High over Johnson County

Central loses

Good luck to all!!!! Go Rebels!!!!!

South over Enka

DB over Farragut

North over Volunteer

Crockett over East

Central loses

Yes we can move on now....

Boone over Betsy

DB over Farragut

Science Hill over the Devils

North over Volunteer

East over Crockett

Happy Valley over Central

South over Enka---really a toss up...come on Rebs pull it out!!!

Daniel Boone @ Elizabethton

Sullivan East @ David Crockett

Dobyns-Bennett @ Farragut

Science Hill @ Greeneville

Happy Valley @ Sullivan Central

Sullivan South @ Enka(NC)

Johnson County @ Tennessee High

Cap old buddy! You know something I know too but they don't see it. Should be a great week zero all around. How are you liking your boys I hear they got some great speed in the spread.

Sullivan North @ Volunteer

South over Enka

DB over Farragut

North over Volunteer

Crockett over East

Central loses

Point well taken. Wasn't trying to start an uprising...

How do you explain a school like Alcoa. Small school, will rank in the top 5 of all classifactions almost every year. Last year they were the best high school team in the state hands down, including all classifacations. Gate City, small school across the state line. They have pretty much owned the 5A,4A & 3A schools around here for years and even beat DB back in the 70's when they fielded one of the best teams ever in this area. The difference is a good system in place and good coaching. The size of the school doesn't matter. Remember when Cloudland had those good teams several years back and when their coach left they fell off to nothing. How does Science Hill, the largest school in the area lose to smaller schools in the area like South, Daniel Boone, Tennessee High? Could it be coaching? The system? What about Maryville? Barely a 6A school. They won it all last year beating larger schools left and right and they'll do it again this year. Or how did little Alcoa beat Maryville the larger school last year? The examples are endless all over the country every friday night.

I'm laughing at you, Mr. Democrat speaker of the house..no sense getting obstreperous on me now. If you want to get snippy about records, your mighty team has had 15...count em 15 times since 1967 you lost AT LEAST 5 games or more in a season.so yeah, here it is again :roflol:

Wow looks like somebody is doing their homework. I don't have time to do research... so let me pull a DB football FACT off the top of my head. Your team has CHOKED in the first round of post season play 4 out of the last 6 seasons. Way to represent!!! :roflol:

Wow looks like somebody is doing their homework. I don't have time to do research... so let me pull a DB football FACT off the top of my head. Your team has CHOKED in the first round of post season play 4 out of the last 6 seasons. Way to represent!!! :roflol:

Just more proof that there are no FACTS on top of your head. Maybe your nap is to tight. :)