Smyrna vs. B.G.A.

milo118

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness it is finally here. i here BGA has an outstanding QB headed ton Ole Miss that threw for ove 2300 yards last year with multiple receivers with 500 yards plus receiving. I think our defense will be up to the challange. Go Dawgs!!!

Smyrna has struggled with private schools, this is a BGA team that put up 28 points against a state champion Ensworth team that really beat up Smyrna last year. BGA is returning nearly every impact player. I like BGA to take this one 31-27!!

Smyrna has struggled with private schools, this is a BGA team that put up 28 points against a state champion Ensworth team that really beat up Smyrna last year. BGA is returning nearly every impact player. I like BGA to take this one 31-27!!

All very good points. But dont let last years Ensworth score fool you. Yes they were the better team that night and som critical special teams mistakes put us in bad situations. Not to mentions the defense is even faster this year. I like the score but just the other way 31-27 Bulldogs!!.

Edited by milo118

All very good points. But dont let last years Ensworth score fool you. Yes they were the better team that night and som critical special teams mistakes put us in bad situations. Not to mentions the defense is even faster this year. I like the score but just the other way 31-27 Bulldogs!!.

It is really going to be BGA's QB vs. Smyrna's Defense.........Smyrna has more talented athletes by far, but a great quarterback and great coaching staff @ BGA will be tough to beat. Smyrna may have their way with BGA's defense if they get some fast backs out in the open field and outscore them. Will be a good amount of scoring but I will stick to my prediction............however, I would like to see Smyrna win this one!!

According to The Murphy Fair Magazine last year BGA last to Ensworth 36-14 in their last regualr season game. Pretty much the same score as the Smyrna/Ensworth game. BGA returns a boat load of starters to both sides of the ball. Excellent QB, running back, tight end and pretty good recievers. And yes Smyrna has lost a lot of seniors. But most of the replacements were rotating throughout the season last year, to include the playoffs, and got some valuable playing time. Speed is the constant on both sides of the ball for my Bulldogs. Much faster than last year. As far as coaching, I believe we cant put the " they will get out coached" comments to rest now. You cant be out caoched as much as everyone thought last year and beat some of the top teams and come within three points of winning the gold ball. Not to mention BGA has a new coaching staff as well. This is going to be a great game to open the season. Playoff caliber atmospere. I too will stick to my earlier prediction. Go Dawgs!!!

This will be a great game!! BGA has talent in many different positions, they have great linebackers, good tight end, decent line, great QB, and above average skill players. I believe BGA will make a run in their class for the state title. Smyrna, as always, will be good with outstanding athletes. I honestly don't know what to think about this one, two different types of teams, with BGA being the well coached, disciplined private school, but I have to say Smyrna over BGA 31-30

Just judging from Smyrna's spring and summer scrimmages im guessing Smyrna-35 BGA-14 !