Dobyns-Bennett vs. Farragut

dbFAN91

DB usually has a pretty good team each year. However, playing teams in the big 8 is like playing all easy teams every week and finishing 10-0, then losing first or second round of the playoffs each year. DB maybe the best in upper east TENN but they can't hang with the Maryvilles, RedBanks and Riverdales. Don't kid yourself, DB is not "state" material. They proved that last night against Farragut who is a average team.

5 million dollar field house

2 million dollar turf field

100,000k coaches salary

Losing first round of the playoffs each year.......priceless

Roll Tribe.....ha ha!!!

No, making the playoffs every year is priceless. What about your team CHUMP!!!!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

My team? Maryville... Don't go there. Maryville knows how to take it to the next level. If you don't believe, check out the stats and the state championships..Oh yeah!!

By the way, the other teams in your conference might be better if DB didn't recruit all their good players. Oh well, look forward to seeing DB come calling on Maryville.

You can't argue history, look up all DB's first and second round loses. Its almost funny!!

Roll Tribe!!!!

My team? Maryville... Don't go there. Maryville knows how to take it to the next level. If you don't believe, check out the stats and the state championships..Oh yeah!!

By the way, the other teams in your conference might be better if DB didn't recruit all their good players. Oh well, look forward to seeing DB come calling on Maryville.

You can't argue history, look up all DB's first and second round loses. Its almost funny!!

Roll Tribe!!!!

You don't support Maryville and we all know it. You just say that because you pull for one of the weak sisters in our conference. A real Maryville fan would'nt be hating on DB. Why would they? Your a poser and an idiot. Go back to Johnson City or wherever and support the flaming flamingos. Roll Tribe!!!!1

You don't support Maryville and we all know it. You just say that because you pull for one of the weak sisters in our conference. A real Maryville fan would'nt be hating on DB. Why would they? Your a poser and an idiot. Go back to Johnson City or wherever and support the flaming flamingos. Roll Tribe!!!!1

One can never win this argument, but deep down inside, when you go back to work on Monday, you will always know that your team (DB) will always be a first rounder, and that, you can't hide. Check the history book. You can't change it.

HA HA<<<< ROLL TRIBE

One can never win this argument, but deep down inside, when you go back to work on Monday, you will always know that your team (DB) will always be a first rounder, and that, you can't hide. Check the history book. You can't change it.

HA HA<<<< ROLL TRIBE

You have Sullivan South writen all over you. What a joke. You can't even read a history book.

HA HA ....ROLL TRIBE!

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Roll Tribe!!!!

That don't work on me dude. I've been to every DB football game since '96 home and away,playoffs included except for two regular season games(because of death in the family) and i've been to way more later round playoff games than the first round knockouts. Keep dreaming Johnny Reb. DB is still your daddy.

My team? Maryville... Don't go

Ha Ha Ha, that is the funniest line I have ever heard on Coach T. Can anyone name the other 3 out of the 5 Blount County Teams? Their record was maybe winning 3 games together, and those were against each other. I guess the football Gods only shine on one side of Blount County. I heard they even re-drew the County line so that Austin-East is in Blount County.

Edited by CyclonePrider

I think everyone knew Farragut would be a big and strong team ,because they are every year. The INDIANS were fortunate to come out with a win and we will take it and hopefully learn from the mistakes and get better. One thing that bothered me was how farragut's receivers were getting behind our secondary at will.--- Yes Cook did make some mistakes but he also got us out of some.

ROLL TRIBE

I think everyone knew Farragut would be a big and strong team ,because they are every year. The INDIANS were fortunate to come out with a win and we will take it and hopefully learn from the mistakes and get better. One thing that bothered me was how farragut's receivers were getting behind our secondary at will.--- Yes Cook did make some mistakes but he also got us out of some.

ROLL TRIBE

Exactly. Correct on every point.

I went to the game last night, and I have a few comments.

First, Farragut is not that bad. They didn't help themselves all night. Fumbles, bad punt, etc. Their QB is quick, and he has a decent arm. They are a big, physical team. They would be the second best team in NE Tennessee.

DB did not play great by any stretch, and they certainly have room for improvement. D-line got pushed around a bit at times.

The O-line is small with the exception on Ty. Strenght and conditioning program? Makes you wonder.

What really make me wonder is the play call when DB had a first down inside the Farragut 5 yard line late in the 4th qtr. DB led 14-7 at the time, and a FG wins the game. Smart move is to run up the middle three times and score a TD or kick a FG. Instead, we run an option read play which results in a fumble. Again, Clark's playcalling makes me wonder. Not smart football, IMO.

#50 had two huge defensive plays for the Indians.

I don't think the play call was a bad one at the five. You can only run up the middle so many times ( although we have probably set state records in that department in the past 4 years) The problem was Swafford dropped the ball and tried to pick it up on the run. He should of fell on it. Thats what they teach you to do. Clark did have some play calling blunders in the game though. We were lucky last night. Im not even going to mention the secondary because it won't do any good. We've been playing that way for four years now. We have very good athletes back there but their always out of position to make a play on the ball. I don't understand coaching like this. Can anybody explain it.