Polk County at Bradley Central

baconbreath

Don't forget Polk has several int drops and one or two borderline td drops.

Polk has alot of slow and bradley has alot of speed. BC's line just whipped Polk's d-line all over the place penalties, an interception, and some dropped balls and stupid penalties is the only reason bradley didn't score 50. Polk had one long drive where Saxe had some runs when Bradley started playing everyone on defense but it ate up so much of the clock it hurt their chances to even make it respectable. Overall Bradley looked like they have a little better d than expected by some and have alot of weapons as expected on offense. polk I'm sure will have along week of practices in front of them. first time I have seen a Derrick Davis team look overwhemled.

The worst thing that could have happened to Polk did... going down 13-0 just two minutes into the game was a disaster for a team that can't protect their QB and relies almost exclusively on the run.

Ultimately they just couldn't reliably pick up enough first downs to sustain long drives, and Bradley was a threat to score on every play. It would have taken a flawless game from Polk to realistically win this game, barring Bradley just giving it away.

Luckily, the schedule gets much softer for Polk the rest of the way... they are unlikely to run into a team that compares to Bradley the rest of the regular season, and deep into the playoffs.

I expect them to blast the Purple Pounders next week.

Edited by Caban

The worst thing that could have happened to Polk did... going down 13-0 just two minutes into the game was a disaster for a team that can't protect their QB and relies almost exclusively on the run.

Ultimately they just couldn't reliably pick up enough first downs to sustain long drives, and Bradley was a threat to score on every play. It would have taken a flawless game from Polk to realistically win this game, barring Bradley just giving it away.

Luckily, the schedule gets much softer for Polk the rest of the way... they are unlikely to run into a team that compares to Bradley the rest of the regular season, and deep into the playoffs.

I expect them to blast the Purple Pounders next week.

Don't they play South Pitt and Signal MT. signal is just as big as Bradley and I believe S.P. had a huge kid move back this year who also will open some holes. I think after seeing them tonite everyone in Polk really knows how much they will miss those who left last yr. I predict a couple of sophmores will start getting play time in benton real soon.

The kid from Walker Valley that is now at Ole Miss,,, got dominated by Polk in 2009.

And Polk probably doesn't have "one" player that can cover Stoval, but a Derrick Davis defense has been known to scheme its way to success. They slowed down one of the best passing attacks in TN last year in the CAK game, still lost, but held that passing game in check. Two things have to happen in a pass play, the WR has to get open and the QB has to get the ball to him. Bradley should be more concerned about the second one, because Copelands accuracy wasn't all that good Friday night.

Charlie says it could go either way, Bradley definitely the favorite, but it won't be a blow out.

Good luck to both teams

Wow wrong again. You also have to have time to throw and the receivers have to hold on to it. And Losing by 22 is a blow out, game was never in doubt even at 13 - 6 anyone who was there could tell it was a matter of time before Bradley started scoring, polks inability to move the ball consistently left the outcome inevitable.

Just wondering what game you were watching Charlie Murphy Copeland did a great job?

The kid from Walker Valley that is now at Ole Miss,,, got dominated by Polk in 2009.

And Polk probably doesn't have "one" player that can cover Stoval, but a Derrick Davis defense has been known to scheme its way to success. They slowed down one of the best passing attacks in TN last year in the CAK game, still lost, but held that passing game in check. Two things have to happen in a pass play, the WR has to get open and the QB has to get the ball to him. Bradley should be more concerned about the second one, because Copelands accuracy wasn't all that good Friday night.

Charlie says it could go either way, Bradley definitely the favorite, but it won't be a blow out.

Good luck to both teams