Wayne County at Union City

wildcatpride70

As long as Jackson is at OC, UC wont beat Central again...but that doesn't matter at all...

WC...don't put too much stock in this game...This is one of the worst UC teams I've seen in a long time...but go ahead and get your beatings in now..The purple and gold most definitely will be back...sooner than later

UC is not that bad, they are just a few players short of being really good. Great field yall have and everyone was very respectful, I really didnt know what to expect when we got there but everything went great. Tell those boys to keep their heads up and dont quit fighting the season is young yet and good luck the rest of the year.

Well, is showed again last night with Wayne Co., Union City still has to find a leader(s) for their football team. What many of you don't understand or realize, Union City has 4 Seniors and two underclassmen that starts that is out for a period of weeks to come. The two team Union City have already played this year....OCHS...with something like 18 SEniors and Wayne Co. has 19 Seniors. It is hard for a young team for one thing compete against teams like this and on the other hand, your best and most important player lost for the season before the first game is hard to overcome for a very young football team, no matter what level your on. Wayne County is good. Many of their seniors play boths ways in and out. Union City on the other hand has to get back on the practice field and find a stop to the bleeding. The purple and gold may be lucky to get just 2 wins this year...maybe three if their lucky. This team will rebuild and will be back. Another rebuilding year next year and then should be ok. The Tornadoes are going to HAVE to learn how to tackle. We watch SENIORS whos should know how to tackle...using their arms and getting by the cheap way. There is still not one single person on the team that has leadership skills that I have seen. Someone has to step up and be a leader and a caoch on the field. Our coaching staff is doing the best they can. Summer camps and early season practice has been a waste because with the injuries Union City has had, they are starting all over from scratch. Keep your heads High U C. The road will continue to be bumpy but this will help mold you later down the road as a team..maybe not til next year or the year after.

As long as Jackson is at OC, UC wont beat Central again...but that doesn't matter at all...

WC...don't put too much stock in this game...This is one of the worst UC teams I've seen in a long time...but go ahead and get your beatings in now..The purple and gold most definitely will be back...sooner than later

I hope Jackson is still around after this year (heard rumor this week that this may be his last) because he will loose to UC next year. When OC loses this senior class, it will be down just like all other schools are when they lose key players. By the looks of OC 2nd team that played it does not look very positive..

I hope Jackson is still around after this year (heard rumor this week that this may be his last) because he will loose to UC next year. When OC loses this senior class, it will be down just like all other schools are when they lose key players. By the looks of OC 2nd team that played it does not look very positive..

Im tired of your negative crap on here, Jackson will be back an yes we will stick it to yall again. Take your crying on down the road no one wants to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are right (about UC winning and Jackson staying)...UC will be a lot better next season...I just hope UC makes it through this week without any injuries or anyone else quitting the team...

OC's reserves didn't show much vs UC last week but their reserves tied a very strong and athletic Humboldt team two weeks ago down in Alamo where Ben Jones was 10 for 11 passing...With as much experience as they will gain in some blowout wins they will have this season, they will still be tough...

I'd be surprised if Jackson left...I have heard he has some big plans for the program in the future...He'll be OK if some of his fellow coaches in the athletic department will leave his program alone...

Great Job Cats!!!! :thumb: I was really impressed again with WC's D and the veer is already better from last week. Rice looked real good runnin it and the TD pass to Mathis was prolly one of the best throws I've ever seen in High School ball.

The young guys that come in on D last night looked good too....espically because UC left their staters in the whole time and the young guys held them off pretty good. UC is a young team that will only get better as the season goes on and will be at least .500 this year. Good luck to ya'll the rest of the year and keep it rollin Cats.