Riverdale vs Saint X

TDCman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to know is how DEEP is St X and what is their strength and conditioning program is like. Next I would like to know what film they are watching on US. Is it one showing nothing but run, or one that lets them know we CAN pass if we have to.

Now having said that as St X really likes to pass, what is our defensive plan going to be? For their runs how deep do their backs go?

Don't know how there strength and conditioning program is but I'd guess pretty good. They have about 250+ kids in their football program in the varsity, JV, and freshmen.

I don't think Riverdale is going to bring a whole new level of football they haven't seen. They play Louisville Trnity and Cincinatti Saint X every year and both of those are top national programs.

I do like the idea that they haven't seen the wing-t in a while. However, they run the wishbone down on the goal line so the type of misdirection will nt be totally new.

They have a great coaching staff. They will be smart, deep, and disciplined. To win, Riverdale will have to execute, play smart, be resilient, and bring great intensity for 48 minutes. Like most great teams, Saint X will try to put this game away early. I'm really excited t see how Riverdales going to match up.

Don't know how there strength and conditioning program is but I'd guess pretty good. They have about 250+ kids in their football program in the varsity, JV, and freshmen.

I don't think Riverdale is going to bring a whole new level of football they haven't seen. They play Louisville Trnity and Cincinatti Saint X every year and both of those are top national programs.

I do like the idea that they haven't seen the wing-t in a while. However, they run the wishbone down on the goal line so the type of misdirection will nt be totally new.

They have a great coaching staff. They will be smart, deep, and disciplined. To win, Riverdale will have to execute, play smart, be resilient, and bring great intensity for 48 minutes. Like most great teams, Saint X will try to put this game away early. I'm really excited t see how Riverdales going to match up.

Both Cincinnati St X and Trinity have beaten them consistanly over the past 5 years. They are the only teams they play that would be upto there caliber. They aslo play Cincinnati Moeller which has beaten them aslo ....

Edited by warrior82dad

If it was a home game at Saint X it would be streamed on the internet but I don't think the game Saturday night is going to be available.

The guys from Saint X are expecting this to be a pretty routine outing for their team. It may well be, those guys are loaded, but I hope the Warriors give them all they can handle, and more. If our defense can hold them to 20 points I think we have a shot.

Did anyone else notice that we had players dressed out Friday night that aren't on the roster? Hopefully they will get an accurate roster up on the web site. Also, there was a great big youngster not dressed out but in a #98 jersey on the sideline Friday night. I didn't see a #98 on either the freshmen or varsity roster. Anybody know who that was?

I don't think there were any injuries of note Friday.

Go Warriors!!

If it was a home game at Saint X it would be streamed on the internet but I don't think the game Saturday night is going to be available.

The guys from Saint X are expecting this to be a pretty routine outing for their team. It may well be, those guys are loaded, but I hope the Warriors give them all they can handle, and more. If our defense can hold them to 20 points I think we have a shot.

Did anyone else notice that we had players dressed out Friday night that aren't on the roster? Hopefully they will get an accurate roster up on the web site. Also, there was a great big youngster not dressed out but in a #98 jersey on the sideline Friday night. I didn't see a #98 on either the freshmen or varsity roster. Anybody know who that was?

I don't think there were any injuries of note Friday.

Go Warriors!!

i think the kids you saw that wasnt on the roster were freshman players...I know of at least 1 freshman that got to dress with varsity and I am sure there were a couple more that also dressed

I thought our game was on ESPN 2 on saturday is that not the case?

i think the kids you saw that wasnt on the roster were freshman players...I know of at least 1 freshman that got to dress with varsity and I am sure there were a couple more that also dressed

I thought our game was on ESPN 2 on saturday is that not the case?

No, game is not on either ESPN 2 or 3 per ESPN's listing for Saturday night.http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=8-27-11-5:00-PM

No game on tv, check with the local news media in Louisville. Radio only. I saw this team play last against Cincinati St X and they took it on the chin. Unless they have stepped up there game which Ive heard its a rebuilding years for them. I think the Warriors can dish up a serving of southern humble pie to those private school boys!

Here is an article from Bluegrass Preps where they rank them 7th going into this year..

7. Saint Xavier - Faced with their toughest schedule ever, the Tigers are also confronted with a massive drop in size and athleticism. Only two starters return on offense, and three on a defense which, in 2010, surrendered the most points in Tiger history. The senior class for this season finished only 4-5 as JV's, including losses to Male (30-7), Manual (14-7), and Ballard (21-15). To make matters worse, there is very little help in the junior and sophomore classes. There is no semblance of Victor Anderson, Deuce Finch, or Lamont McMurray residing on Poplar Level Road. St. X. will have to depend on vast numbers of relatively diminutive and average-speed players, team discipline, and tradition to avoid its first losing season since 1958. For Coach Glaser and his staff, this year (and the next couple) will be their biggest challenge ever. They will need a lot of smoke and mirrors to come away with any victories over teams not named Fern Creek or Doss.

Edited by warrior82dad

In case your wanting to read what there saying on the Kentucky message boards here is a link.....

http://kentuckypreps.Unapproved Website/showmsg.asp?fid=937&tid=146586832&mid=146586832&sid=936&style=2

Link is not working.

warrior82dad, I found it. I have a feeling the person who is NOT fond of R'dale on Bluegrass.preps was a follower of a school the we were unkind to in the past. :roflol:

As in the 'run it up' HIGH days.

Edited by Lost Old Dad