Preseason thoughts on Region 4a

beantheclown

Couldn't agree with you more Tarpit. I actually got to watch Lake County and North Greene both play last year and you talk about 2 good basketball teams. I will go out on a limb and yes I know its early but make a little final four prediction.

Lake County- in my opinion the most athletic team out of the bunch with one of the top 5 players in single A TT Flowers look for Lake County to be back once again just falling short last year to North Greene.the only knack I see with Lake County is they struggle shooting the outside shot.

Clay County- Joe Simms has a very talented group of Seniors to work with this year and they are very guard oriented that can kill you from the outside.They are very diciplined both offensively and defensively. They return standout players such as Sydney Roach,Emma Ogletree,Mckenzie Hamilton,Allie Brown and Casey Cooper.

Cloudland- It was a good summer for Cloudland especially when they heard the news that highly recruited D1 prospect Brooke Rhodes was transferring to Cloudland.With every starter and reserve returning including a pair of talented Sophmores Courtney Wilson and Courtney Clarke look for Cloudland to make alot of noise in Murfreesboro.

Jackson County- After losing to Loretto in last years State Championship the lady devils will be out for revenge this year returning every starter including Senior standout Caroline Warden,6'4 Mckenzie Hensley and a very good Junior in Jaycee Coe.

Jackson County is deffinitely my pick to win it this year in 2012.

Jackson County-58

Cloudland-55

She's only a sophomore...

Jackson County will win this region easily. However, do not sleep on the Trousdale County Lady Jackets. Clarkrange did last year and you see where that got them.

I don't know about easily. Clarkrange and Clay County both have coaches who'll have their girls prepared to give Jackson County all they want. Trousdale County was not that bad of a team last year and matched up really well with Clarkrange...

I don't know about easily. Clarkrange and Clay County both have coaches who'll have their girls prepared to give Jackson County all they want. Trousdale County was not that bad of a team last year and matched up really well with Clarkrange...

I'll agree with you on the easy part.I'll just say Jackson Co.,Lake Co and the other teams may be some of the favorites but it doesn't take but 1 bad game and not make it.Probably would be in a region game but more than likely a sub-state game but Humboldt beat Lake Co a couple seasons ago after Lake Co beat them by about 20 points both of the regular season games.Lake Co also knocked an unbeaten and #1 ranked Gleason out several years ago.So .Never know.

I believe JC has only 2 seniors this year. Hensley and will be a junior and Coe will be a sophomore. I think #5 from last year and Warden will be the seniors that JC loses this year...anyone from JC can correct me if i'm wrong...

You are right. Hope Scantland and Caroline Warden are the seniors. Makenzie Hensley and Brooklyn Apple are Juniors and Jaycee Coe is a Sophmore. That is the projected starting 5.

You are right. Hope Scantland and Caroline Warden are the seniors. Makenzie Hensley and Brooklyn Apple are Juniors and Jaycee Coe is a Sophmore. That is the projected starting 5.

Scantland is the most underrated player on that team. Last year in the region she played great defense on 2 of the best players in the region during the tournament.

Edited by swanson71

Welcome back.

Goad and Pruit looked good at the TTU play day I believe in June. Pruit was the point(Warden was at Girls State). I saw them play against Moore Co. It was see-saw until the light came on in Pruits head and Jackson Co. pulled away. Against Clarksville, the JC girls hung in there, no one survived that team.

Welcome back.

Goad and Pruit looked good at the TTU play day I believe in June. Pruit was the point(Warden was at Girls State). I saw them play against Moore Co. It was see-saw until the light came on in Pruits head and Jackson Co. pulled away. Against Clarksville, the JC girls hung in there, no one survived that team.

Mckinzie will not play against a post player of that caliber in the rest of her HS carrier. I don't remember the kid's name but they told me that she has commited to UT.

Mckinzie will not play against a post player of that caliber in the rest of her HS carrier. I don't remember the kid's name but they told me that she has commited to UT.

Good to be back, heard that Clarksville game was not pretty at all. Makenzie needs to face girls like that every once in a while to make her better. Jackson County has a very strong front 5, but the bench is really going to have to step it up this year if they don't want a repeat of last years early exit.