Preseason thoughts on Region 4a

beantheclown

not sure why anyone would wanna show jim brown any respect, i heard him myself get mad at his players and call a time out and when the girls got to the side line he looked at them and told them they was dumb, and not that that was not enough said he happen to right after that call them double dumb, sounds like some kind of grade school stuff to me.... just know he is thankful i don't have a girl playing for him cause if he called my girl double dumb i would whip his you know what right in front of everyone in the gym..

Any coach that is a coach will tell his player when they make a dumb play and I've watched high school bb for 40 plus years and I've seen every coach in the district at times jerk players out of game,fuss on them all way to bench and tell them they made a dumb play, so I doubt that coach brown woud pay any attention to you if your child played for him, and the whipping might go the other way.The players I know love and respect him as a person and coach and continue to play hard for him.

not sure why anyone would wanna show jim brown any respect, i heard him myself get mad at his players and call a time out and when the girls got to the side line he looked at them and told them they was dumb, and not that that was not enough said he happen to right after that call them double dumb, sounds like some kind of grade school stuff to me.... just know he is thankful i don't have a girl playing for him cause if he called my girl double dumb i would whip his you know what right in front of everyone in the gym..

You mean a coach called his players dumb???? Holy cow he should be hung!! If thats all a coach ever says to one of your little angels growing up count yourself lucky I can assume from this you never played a sport growing up? While he may yell at the girls I dont recall ever hearing him swear at any of them, he is a great girls bball coach, if not for this team what would JC have to hang it hat on really in any sport???

You mean a coach called his players dumb???? Holy cow he should be hung!! If thats all a coach ever says to one of your little angels growing up count yourself lucky I can assume from this you never played a sport growing up? While he may yell at the girls I dont recall ever hearing him swear at any of them, he is a great girls bball coach, if not for this team what would JC have to hang it hat on really in any sport???

yes i played basketball myself, saying they made a dumb play is different that telling them they are stupid and dumb, i wouldn't say anything myself but i heard it from his mouth myself... i just think that is very disrespectful to a child growing up... its obvious jim is a good coach, i just don't think that kind of behave-yer is needed to get the job done... gonna be a exciting season though, will be hard to beat the devils..

A coach calling a player dumb is nowhere different than a parent calling there own child dumb. As a coach and a player I have did my share of calling kids stupid or dumb and had my share of being called stupid or dumb. Not once was a I offended or my parents where offended and not once did I offend one of my baseball players while doing it. Sometimes coaches do get outline with what they say sometimes, but what good coach doesn't? It seems to me that he is respected by his players, i've talked and heard some of his players and parents of players talk about Coach Brown and they seem to have a lot of respect with how he coaches and what he's done with the program. If calling a ball player dumb is the worse thing he's ever said to one of his ball players I believe they have it good, because I have heard and seen quite a few coaches do and say a lot worse.

A teacher, coach, parent, etc. should never call a child names such as "dumb" or "stupid." It shows a complete lack of character on the part of the so called "adult." A good coach might call a particular play dumb but never direct such a comment to a high school kid. I have never and would never call my daughter dumb and certainly never direct that type of nonsense to someone else's kid. As a coach you have to get their attention but not by name calling. It's bush!

A coach calling a player dumb is nowhere different than a parent calling there own child dumb. As a coach and a player I have did my share of calling kids stupid or dumb and had my share of being called stupid or dumb. Not once was a I offended or my parents where offended and not once did I offend one of my baseball players while doing it. Sometimes coaches do get outline with what they say sometimes, but what good coach doesn't? It seems to me that he is respected by his players, i've talked and heard some of his players and parents of players talk about Coach Brown and they seem to have a lot of respect with how he coaches and what he's done with the program. If calling a ball player dumb is the worse thing he's ever said to one of his ball players I believe they have it good, because I have heard and seen quite a few coaches do and say a lot worse.

• 4 weeks later...