West Greene @ Oneida

budkilmer

Just saying, I made the trip to Oneida last night and the Buffs whipped the Indians on both sides of the ball! It's hard to beat a team, when the refs are included! Yes the scoreboard said you won and thats a loss for the Buffs. This was the worst officiating game I have seen! When we had the ball at the 15-20 yrd line to take the lead with a minute to go they called a chop block in a block free zone! The ball went left and they called a penalty on the right side! Figure this one out?????? Anyway, yes I'm a sore looser, The Indians played their hearts out and won the game. There will be a game next year at Jim Sauceman field and we'll see how it goes! WG is loosing alot of talent this year! Good luck to the Buffs and Indians for the rest of the year! It was a long trip back to Greene County with my tail tucked between my legs! Anyway, 2 Overall equally matched teams! GO BUFFS! Yes, I know the rules!

Edited by WGHS1987

The refs did not cause WGHS to fumble the kickoff on the 20yd line, nor did they cause the other 3 fumbles.

Free blocking zone or not you can NOT chop block, yes I know the rules too.

A Chop Block is a completely different situation.

Penalty for a chop block is 15 yards.

Here is a write up on the rule: http://www.nfhs.org/content.aspx?id=4648

"Chop Block Rule Redefined in High School Football

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEContact: Bob Colgate

INDIANAPOLIS, IN (February 14, 2011) — A change in the definition of a chop block in high school football, along with a strong emphasis on proper use of the helmet to minimize risk of injury, highlighted the January 21-23 meeting of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Football Rules Committee in Indianapolis.

The modification of the chop block rule was one of 11 rules changes recommended by the Football Rules Committee and approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.

The new language in Rule 2-3-8 defines a chop block as “a combination block by two or more teammates against an opponent other than the runner, with or without delay, where one of the blocks is low (at the knee or below) and one of the blocks is high (above the knee).â€

Previous language defined a chop block as “a delayed block at the knees or below against an opponent who is in contact with a teammate of the blocker in the free-blocking zone.â€

Bob Colgate, NFHS assistant director and liaison to the Football Rules Committee, said that any combination block where one block is high (above the knee) and one block is low (at or below the knee) will constitute a chop block – with or without delay between the blocks.

Just saying, I made the trip to Oneida last night and the Buffs whipped the Indians on both sides of the ball! It's hard to beat a team, when the refs are included! Yes the scoreboard said you won and thats a loss for the Buffs. This was the worst officiating game I have seen! When we had the ball at the 15-20 yrd line to take the lead with a minute to go they called a chop block in a block free zone! The ball went left and they called a penalty on the right side! Figure this one out?????? Anyway, yes I'm a sore looser, The Indians played their hearts out and won the game. There will be a game next year at Jim Sauceman field and we'll see how it goes! WG is loosing alot of talent this year! Good luck to the Buffs and Indians for the rest of the year! It was a long trip back to Greene County with my tail tucked between my legs! Anyway, 2 Overall equally matched teams! GO BUFFS! Yes, I know the rules!

I guess your referee conspiracy theory has an unforeseen twist. They must have been double agents. I seem to vaguely remember one drive for the herd of about 60 yards that ended with a TD. Of the 60 yards (give or take a few yards) 45 of them came from penalties. Maybe we should ask for a refund :roflol: Best of luck the rest of the way but take your medicine & use it to get better.

Crow, you dirty bird! You got some serious contacts to get the game film so fast!

I hope it was just a one game kinda thing and not intentional. If not, it's good to have a CoachT to talk about things of this nature. Definately don't want to see this from our East Tennessee boys.

Smash you old tight wad, cough up a few bucks a month & get rid of the rabbit ears, call highland & they'll hook you up some cable. It was on the local channels today :lol:

All I can say is it is a bloody miracle our D-line was lucky that they (ones that suffered injury) will return soon....I hope. If two players are engaged standing up and another player cracks down on the legs of that lineman....the risk of injury goes way up. If it happens.....it doesn't matter if it is 30 yards away from the ball, the penalty is enacted to prevent any reoccurance of the infraction. In this case, it didn't stop the activity.....therefore they continued to call it. Safety should be paramount in this case.

• Upvote 1

Shame on you and Shame on your team! If Coach Brewster had half the sense God gave a monkey he would cancel the game next year. Oneida is losing 4 boys off this team and will be making a state championship run next year. I wouldn't risk it.

I dont care if the ball is in a refrigerator in the field house. There is only ONE REASON...ONE REASON why you chop block and that is to intentionaly injure a player.

So, go be proud of your coaches and teams. But know that there is a 17 year old boy over here in Oneida whose season is over. As in Finished, As in all hard work, all the weights, all the sprints mean nothing now because West Greene plays dirty, honorless football.

Also, Oneida doesnt pick the refs and neither does West Greene. The refs are assigned by the T$$AA.

Also, Also, yes West Greene was gashing the Indians in the first half. But you have to play the second half too.

I can not belive you are actually supporting the use of a chop block at any level much less High School Sports. That is the worst thing I have ever read on Coach T.

All I can say is it is a bloody miracle our D-line was lucky that they (ones that suffered injury) will return soon....I hope. If two players are engaged standing up and another player cracks down on the legs of that lineman....the risk of injury goes way up. If it happens.....it doesn't matter if it is 30 yards away from the ball, the penalty is enacted to prevent any reoccurance of the infraction. In this case, it didn't stop the activity.....therefore they continued to call it. Safety should be paramount in this case.

Insane! Try to get on here and be a good Christian and just mention the fact that Chop Blocking is worst kinda play out there, so that maybe other teams can be warned....and they think its ok! Unbelievable!

I can handle the private school recruiting or the petty cheating shenanigan that seem to never go away...but coming out in support of chop blocks....wow, that is awful.

If the freaking T$$AA wasn't too busy counting their money, they would investigate. Student Saftey is the most important thing....oh wait....I'm sorry...where did I put that big fat check book!

My son will be a Freshman next year and he wil not be on the bus to West Greene! Your crazy if you think I'm gonna send my boy into a game where coaches and fans cheer for the chop block!

If the freaking T$$AA wasn't too busy counting their money, they would investigate. Student Saftey is the most important thing....oh wait....I'm sorry...where did I put that big fat check book!

My son will be a Freshman next year and he wil not be on the bus to West Greene! Your crazy if you think I'm gonna send my boy into a game where coaches and fans cheer for the chop block!

Smash, leave it be. Come on over to the Wartburg at Oneida thread, time to cool down a little, I'm betting you looking like Coach Brewster when he's watching game film :flower: