Pat

plumb69

yes, this is very painful to all of her fans thru the years but as she has lived her life she is facing it with courage like she has done everything else. It is an example as everything else has been.

I am sure she wants no pity but to only be around the School and the game she loves so much. She will contribute to the success of Tennessee and still be head coach. Pat Summit has been a role model to every female athlete in Tennessee. She is a winner just as those who have known her have been made winners.

Womens basketball in Tennessee is Pat Summit but also is a lot of other things that go along with it.

Coach Summitt is one of a handful of sports icons whose presence has transcended the area of his/her expertise.Her forceful personality,absolute conviction to accept nothing short of maximum effort from everyone around her,and her brilliant understanding of the subtle aspects of the game propelled her to be universally recognised as the best at what she does.Add to those attributes the virtue to NEVER bend the rules,the modesty to always credit anyone and everyone else for her success,the strength of character to be brutaly frank when an "excuse" would be acceptable for a rare shortcoming,and the faith in God to override all the instincts to take charge of a situation in her life and say it's in His hands,and you have the basic makeup of the Pat Summitt that the Big Orange Nation(and most of the rest of the world)has fallen in love with.When haters of the program show the love,respect,and support that they have,it speaks volumes for the positive impact that Pat Summitt has had(so far). There will be womens basketball at U.T. after Coach Summitt,but there will never be a replacement for her.I've never had the honor of meeting her in person,but I have the utmost respect for Coach Pat and my love and prayers are with her and her family. :wub:

Edited by tradertwo