ANDERSON COUNTY MAVS HOST GRACE CHRISTIAN

Jeopardyperil

AC OR GCA  

7 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR the MAVS TO WIN?

• Let GCA QB alone so more players can intercept the ball
    • RUSH THE QB WITH MORE THEN 3
    • PLAY A 4-4 DEFENCE
    • PUNT THE BALL EACH TIME THEY GET THE BALL AND HOPE FOR FUMBLE
    • OVER POWER GCA WITH OFFENSE AND HOPE THE DEFENSE HOLDS THEIR OWN
    • OFFENSE KEEP THE BALL ON THE GROUD RUNNING KEEPING CONTROL OF CLOCK
    • PLAY A PREVENT DEFENSE ALL NIGHT UNTIL THEY GET TO RED ZONE
    • BLITZ OFF AND ON TO KEEP GCA GUESSING
    • TRY AN OPTION PLAY OR TWO
    • SET UP THE GREAT WALL ON KICK OFFS SO AC CAN TAKE IT ALL THE WAY
  2. 2. WILL AC EVER GET BACK TO THAT DOMINATING OFFENSE WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE?

• BY RUNNING THE BALL 70%
    • BY PASSING 70%
    • OPEN IT ALL WIDE OUT LIKE BEFORE EXCEPT KEEP THE DRAW OPTION
    • IMPROVE ON SPECIAL TEAMS
  3. 3. FINALLY WHAT DOES GRACE HAVE TO BEAT AC THIS WEEK

• STRONG PASSING JUST LIKE CAK
    • STRONGER RUNNING PROGRAM THEN CAK
    • MULTIPLE LOOKS CONFUSING FOR MAVS DEFENSE
    • HIGH QUALIY SPECIAL TEAMS
    • BIG PLAY TEAM
    • MORE EXPERIENCE WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE FOR GCA

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the key for AC do not play a Christian Team, period. Apparently AC Faith is weak. LOL No AC appears to be trendy and guessy. The Defense first half was as good as last week no improvements actually went backwards. But the second half was night and day for defense. However the offense both first half and second half from last went way backwards. In fact unless GCA a 2A is one better then CAK then we can all hang up the towels. I give up! This will be a long season for AC, Coaching Staff and fans!

Its sad when your safetys are your leading tacklers. Our new defensive coordinator is going to have to figure out a way to stop the opposing team. CAK had some big targets and I can see playing a prevent defense to keep the ball out of the end zone, but grace had 240 yards on the ground.

On the other side of the ball we didnt give up the turnovers but only 167 totaly yards of offense that was split right down the middle Pass/Rush. Grace dominated the clock and kept AC off the field... thus points off the board.

I am excited about our young team, but the coaches are going to have to figure out something on Defense. The QB has shown he can connect, but just needs some playing time to make better judgements. If it wasnt for the fact that they ruled the knee down there was another "pitch up and kill" bad decision.

Again they are young, but if I could only work on one thing at a time... It would be defense.

Edited by mavhead

Young or not, when they start exacuting we'll win some ball games. That come straight out of a mavericks mouth. I think our middle linebacker is leading in tackles. Trey had 17 against CAK alone. We've played too many different safeties for any of them to leading in tackles. It would also be nice if we would stop beating ourselves also. Lets see if we can get the wheels put back on this friday in Campbell County.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!

This was a hard fought game. Depending on which side you are on, you can say "We won this one" or "We didn't execute well". The fact is, that a small 2A team came in with an incredible determination to win that AC couldn't respond. AC played well, probably should have won the game if their special teams were tightened up. What I saw was a GCA team that played fewer than 20 kids on offense and defense combined, refusing to lose. AC will be fine, you guys got hit by a team that was more fired up than you were, more focused than you were, and were out coached. It happens to the best of them, ask Fulmer (and I'm a Fulmer fan). I think you guys overlooked us as a smaller school that couldn't match up with your substitutions. I really enjoyed your campus and stadium, it was a big time atmosphere. Best of luck to the MAVS the rest of the year, we'll see you next year at GCA. Thanks for the hospitality.

Hope you guys get it worked out. I know its frustrating to the whole team right now, but a big W this week will get some of that bitterness out. Again, can't say enough about how cool it was to play in a big time atmosphere. Great place, see you guys at GCA next year.

Best of luck MAVS, its only 2 games, there's a whole season ahead and playoffs to qualify for, go get your piece of it!