Liberty @ dyer co

JaxSShawks

DC's defense has played stellar tonite ; I havent seen so much ' Yellow ' in one game ...all in Liberty's favor...last play regulation time 54 yd pass for DC ,But no matter another 'Yellow' on guess who ?

DC was outcoached !

Liberty 21 - DC 21 Game in OT

all those yellows in TECHs favor...really...hands down tech has over 100 yards in penalties so dont be throwin that junk around...maybe ur boys should keep their mouths shut after the whistle...discipline huh...

TECHs penalties are what kept u in the game...how many downs do u need with 5 minutes to go in the game to score the ball from TECHs 25...weak...i counted at least 10 tries in the last 5 minutes from TECHs redzone...

to be honest...DC should have capitalized on all those TECH penalties...the official on libertys sideline was pretty awful...DC should thank him for that 50 yard bomb that he called inbounds that brought u back in the game...

i honestly believe DCs guys let the trash talkin get to them and it prolly did cost them the game...hope ur kicker is alright...he took a nasty shot...hopefully he can return to help u guys the rest of the season...

it was a sloppy game all around...TECH has a lot of work to do with their lines and its pretty clear DC is 1 dimensional

good luck to both teams next week...hopefully they can fix their flaws by the time it counts

Why would this be an upset if Dyer County were to beat Liberty? Did not the Choctaws beat Cordova 31-7 last week at Cordova? Were not the Crusaders held scoreless last week? Has not Coach Hookfin "blown smoke" all over Jackson proclaiming how much improved his Techsters are in 2011 only to be blanked in their opener? Was not Dyer County not a 2nd round playoff team last year?...again..just asking the questions! Will someone please help me understand the skewed thinking?

Why would this be an upset if Dyer County were to beat Liberty? Did not the Choctaws beat Cordova 31-7 last week at Cordova? Were not the Crusaders held scoreless last week? Has not Coach Hookfin "blown smoke" all over Jackson proclaiming how much improved his Techsters are in 2011 only to be blanked in their opener? Was not Dyer County not a 2nd round playoff team last year?...again..just asking the questions! Will someone please help me understand the skewed thinking?

well it wasnt an upset...so thats taken care of...that cordova team lost again tonight...and that cordova team was an amazingly successful 5-5 last season...way to go choctaws...that-a-way to squash a .500 club...

yea TECH was held scoreless last week...to a much better Henry Co. team...a HC team what won again tonight 37-7 vs Beech...Beech was 8-2 and won their district last year...a district that produced the state runner-up in 5A...hmmm

im gona say this...DC is a good solid team...but all the smoke u see is coming from ur area...just like in basketball...all that talk...all those cheap wins...just like goin to memphis come playoff team...0'fer...count 'em 0'fer...same deal in ftbl...have u ever played HC...nah why is that??? ask urselves...i know its hard when u pad ur schedule with haywood munford bolton and cordova...but dont take those seriously...everyone beats those teams by 30+

fact is...TECH is better offensively than they were last year...skill players anyway...their lines on both sides of the ball need a lot of work...

as far as TECH quitin on their coach and whatnot...transgressions will either build a club...or tear it apart...last thing i saw tonight was TECH players and staff mosh'n on ur field

DC fans are normally wonderful and awesome to watch...but its fans like u how berate others that we cant stand...so ill be rude too...if it werent for all those preseason polls...DC would get no love at all...year in and year out...DC = underachievers

well it wasnt an upset...so thats taken care of...that cordova team lost again tonight...and that cordova team was an amazingly successful 5-5 last season...way to go choctaws...that-a-way to squash a .500 club...

yea TECH was held scoreless last week...to a much better Henry Co. team...a HC team what won again tonight 37-7 vs Beech...Beech was 8-2 and won their district last year...a district that produced the state runner-up in 5A...hmmm

im gona say this...DC is a good solid team...but all the smoke u see is coming from ur area...just like in basketball...all that talk...all those cheap wins...just like goin to memphis come playoff team...0'fer...count 'em 0'fer...same deal in ftbl...have u ever played HC...nah why is that??? ask urselves...i know its hard when u pad ur schedule with haywood munford bolton and cordova...but dont take those seriously...everyone beats those teams by 30+

fact is...TECH is better offensively than they were last year...skill players anyway...their lines on both sides of the ball need a lot of work...

as far as TECH quitin on their coach and whatnot...transgressions will either build a club...or tear it apart...last thing i saw tonight was TECH players and staff mosh'n on ur field

DC fans are normally wonderful and awesome to watch...but its fans like u how berate others that we cant stand...so ill be rude too...if it werent for all those preseason polls...DC would get no love at all...year in and year out...DC = underachievers

Well said!! Good win for tech. thay beat a team they were favored to beat! Good luck rest of the year Edited by JaxSShawks

all those yellows in TECHs favor...Really......hope ur kicker is alright...he took a nasty shot...hopefully he can return to help u guys the rest of the season...

it was a sloppy game all around...TECH has a lot of work to do with their lines and its pretty clear DC is 1 dimensional

good luck to both teams next week...hopefully they can fix their flaws by the time it counts

Yes REALLY on the 'Yellow'...Twas a sloppy game for both teams ..DC Medford is injured is reason for the pass pass pass last night..hope he recovers soon ..also for PK/Punter Josh's return.. hopefully both teams can work their flaws out working on another state run as last year

hope the Trojans win this coming week BUT?? their big win last week wont cut it this year..except for their watered down schedule this season..still we can hope

Does anybody know why the Dyer County players and coaches left the field after the game without shaking hands with the Liberty players and coaches?

I'm surprised this game was even scheduled. I have a copy of an email that Liberty AD Flipper Burke sent to all his coaches a few years ago ordering them to not schedule games against Dyer County under any circumstances.

I'm surprised this game was even scheduled. I have a copy of an email that Liberty AD Flipper Burke sent to all his coaches a few years ago ordering them to not schedule games against Dyer County under any circumstances.

I was too ..last time they played 2-3 years ago all Tech wanted to do was fight, lights went off at Liberty several times in most opportuntune times for Tech ..one of the worse officated game as was last night's game, once again all in Tech's favor..I cant see why DC would ever want to play Tech after the game 2-3 years ago ..i suppose scheduling conflicts for both teams was behind it ..I know DC had to upgrade being in 5AAA for 2nd year And playoff system as it is they were in dire need to play better 4AAA teams than their 13 Region offers..They had to schedule 4 Memphis 5AAA teams ..There are no 5AAA team within 75 miles Of DC ,so it was travel long distance or forfeit playoff chance by not doing so...basically It had to do with playoff system points playing up in order to qualify for state playoffs and Tech was best choice nearby..guess there are many teams state wide that had to do as DC on this account,unless your in an area where classifacation teams in your area are plentiful..it sucks as DC is barely a 5AAA school number wise..somewhere near bottom

i believe ur memory is failing u old timer...the reason for all those scuffles in 08 had to do with a lil battlecry that came from 07...one of ur players thought hed stir up some trouble outside the locker rooms at halftime "yall dont want none" i believe it was...not exactly a TECH rally cry...so in 08 that was the motivation all week...and yall got some...from a bunch of upset sophomores and juniors...it was a great game to watch...as far as the lights goin out...i remember it...i was astounded at the 1st down given when they were turned back on...but i keep thinking it was DC that drew benefits from it...

as far as scheduling...hookfin has always wanted to play bigger better schools...and DC falls into that catagory so be happy he has enough respect to compete against u...believe me if TECH didnt have to play jcm and fayette ware for district play they would have no part of it...ive heard from multiple sources that hes been trying to get MUS riverdale and ridgeway to schedule for a couple years now and things havent worked out...so DC is the next best thing...and DC is a good team but they got rattled last night and couldnt handle themselves...an ineligible receiver is still an ineligible receiver so quit complaining about the flag in OT...not shaking hands was disrespectful not only to libertys players and staff...but to the game in general...DC had homefield advantage...the refs dont follow TECH around west TN and help them out...its kinda sad that ur blamin the refs when TECH had tons of penalties themselves that DC wasnt able to capitalize on...u should never put urself in the position to have a game determined by a judge...win it outright...

its funny that ppl say this is all TECHs fault...i thought it took 2 to throw down...and if i recall it was one of DC coaches who started a scuffle at liberty after a meaningless bball game that led to all the confrontations and loss of scheduling...get ur facts straight

i believe ur memory is failing u old timer...the reason for all those scuffles in 08 had to do with a lil battlecry that came from 07...one of ur players thought hed stir up some trouble outside the locker rooms at halftime "yall dont want none" i believe it was...not exactly a TECH rally cry...so in 08 that was the motivation all week...and yall got some...from a bunch of upset sophomores and juniors...it was a great game to watch...as far as the lights goin out...i remember it...i was astounded at the 1st down given when they were turned back on...but i keep thinking it was DC that drew benefits from it...

You have no idea do you..the reason for scuffles in 08 game were atricious calls you want to say were opposite of your 'memory' failing ! Ist it was our lights going out now its yours as I stated they were...nope DC didnt recieve any benefits is what causeed all the ruckus as Tech was Given the 1st down late in ball game when DC was leading that was definetly 3 yds short before lights went out..Friday nite on DC's last play to win ..opps Yellow on DC..kudos on the win

to Hoofkin getting Riverdale and others to play Im sure they would If y'all really wanted to.

Good luck rest of the season ,you may not draw the same refs when you need them..just saying..

Im thru with this ..move on Tonto there's nothing more here.