Clay County @ Monterey

Boarhog

These two rivals have done close battle for the last four years with each team taking away 2 victories ('07 CCHS 0 - MHS 7, '08 CCHS 35 - MHS 12, '09 CCHS 13 - MHS 10, and '10 CCHS 7 - MHS 17). Clay/Celina has an edge in the overall rivalry, which can be dated back to 1937.

Now to the present. Each team is coming off a bitter defeat. Clay played like a junior high team at Dekalb County, and even though I didn't see the Monterey game I know that a loss to their county foe has them questioning their abilities. From what I understand both teams have returned most skill players, but both have inexperienced lines. Like any other game, this one will be lost or won in the trenches. I pick the team with the most physically dominate front to win. At this point in time, I just don't know which one that is.

i just hope Monterey paid there light bill this year last time Clay played at Monterey the lights suddenly went out right in the middle touchdown run for Clay. If Clay plays the way they did last week I hope the lights never come on that was an embarrassment everything that could go wrong did but if they can play the way they did earlier in scrimmages then they may be ok but either way this game is huge for both teams if they have any hope of making it to the playoffs i sure hope clays coaches can get it through there boys heads that they have to come too play or they will come off the mountain licking their wounds and seeing another season go down in flames