BA @ MBA

Custer

I hate to admit it but this MBA team is not very good at all.No identity..as mentioned earlier most MBA teams are well prepared and play hard hitting physical style ..have not seen that out of this team.Last years team played with grit and were a very tough team.. Reigle and Franks and Caldwell played with an attitude..This team has truly under performed based on expectations leading into the season..

Sadly, I must concur with posters that have said it was the worst MBA performance they've ever seen, at least in the last 15 years. I think the BA player quoted in the paper pretty much summed it up when he said, "it seemed they weren't ready for us".

MBA has always been known as a team that is extremely well prepared, disciplined, and hard hitting. I saw none of that Friday night. Arm tackling, looking lost, biting on fakes consistently, no pressure up front. The D-line looked soft. It may be time to think about moving some guys around. James Kay is big enough to play D-line, in my opinion, and looks a step slow at LB anyway. Why not try it?

In years past, MBA has been deficient in athleticism and size, but found a way to win because they out-hit, out-schemed, and out-played their opponent. This doesn't appear to be happening with this team.

I agree that was the worst showing in the past 10 years of MBA football I have seen. After BA went up 21-0, it seemed the team almost quit. Defensive line/offensive line play has been terrible. It looked like Bars got beat every play when he had to block #60. Every foundation of a team is the lines, and when neither side of the ball can do much the outcome will never be pretty. Worst defensive line I've ever seen out of an MBA team. Kay probably should be a D end, and if they have an able backup they should move him. He's one of the best middle linebackers in Middle Tennessee, but the defensive line needs the most help on the team. There was no push or pressure in the past two games, which screws up every part of a defense. They should also move Robertson inside, and maybe bring a think o-lineman inside to help add some size. The schemes seem ok, but when your d-line and o-line are getting pushed back, it messes up the paths and ability for second level guys or runningbacks/fullbacks to make plays. I sure hope these boys can turn it around against Baylor. If not, they could be looking at a 2-6 record in a few weeks...

This was the first BA-MBA game I've been able to attend since the 2003 state title massacre. I was extremely proud of the Eagles -- they rolled over the Big Red with an ease I didn't expect.

Some observations from a former stalwart who has been exiled in Knoxville for the last eight years: BA is stocked with athletes at every position and runs a nice offensive scheme which kept MBA on its heels all night. Staver has the build of an elite quarterback and a nice arm, though he's predictably raw. They tell me Wade began the season as the third-string running back, and I have a hard time believing it. He has great moves and a nice blend of speed and power.

The BA defensive line is positively bruising. Barron, Shuler & co. are a great nucleus around which to build the Eagle defense.

MBA didn't look ready. They didn't look mentally or physically tough. After years of watching the Big Red overcome talent deficiencies to make opponents look silly, it was (pleasantly) jarring to see them whipped so thoroughly. I'm sure the 66-21 loss to Trinity was demoralizing, but I still expected more from them. I've watched MBA for years and respect its program as deeply as any in Middle Tennessee. They'll be back. But it's going to take time, and having to play Baylor tonight won't help matters.

On a personal note...RedTwin, rollredroll, KWoodroof, etc... it's good to be back in Middle Tennessee! After 4 years as a sports reporter in Knoxville, I'm back in town, getting an MBA at Belmont. I look forward to interacting with you guys on here all season. I plan on making it to a lot of BA games. I also may do some Friday night work for Rudy Kalis at WSMV. Peace!

This was the first BA-MBA game I've been able to attend since the 2003 state title massacre. I was extremely proud of the Eagles -- they rolled over the Big Red with an ease I didn't expect.

Some observations from a former stalwart who has been exiled in Knoxville for the last eight years: BA is stocked with athletes at every position and runs a nice offensive scheme which kept MBA on its heels all night. Staver has the build of an elite quarterback and a nice arm, though he's predictably raw. They tell me Wade began the season as the third-string running back, and I have a hard time believing it. He has great moves and a nice blend of speed and power.

The BA defensive line is positively bruising. Barron, Shuler & co. are a great nucleus around which to build the Eagle defense.

MBA didn't look ready. They didn't look mentally or physically tough. After years of watching the Big Red overcome talent deficiencies to make opponents look silly, it was (pleasantly) jarring to see them whipped so thoroughly. I'm sure the 66-21 loss to Trinity was demoralizing, but I still expected more from them. I've watched MBA for years and respect its program as deeply as any in Middle Tennessee. They'll be back. But it's going to take time, and having to play Baylor tonight won't help matters.

On a personal note...RedTwin, rollredroll, KWoodroof, etc... it's good to be back in Middle Tennessee! After 4 years as a sports reporter in Knoxville, I'm back in town, getting an MBA at Belmont. I look forward to interacting with you guys on here all season. I plan on making it to a lot of BA games. I also may do some Friday night work for Rudy Kalis at WSMV. Peace!

Pretty cool...I'm in town for another week, and then hopefully back here for good by mid Oct-Nov. Rollredroll and I sat together most of the game. Feel free to join us at some point. It's not a great football team right now, but they've had a lot of upheaval. They gave Baylor a good game. They gave a good effort tonight.

Pretty cool...I'm in town for another week, and then hopefully back here for good by mid Oct-Nov. Rollredroll and I sat together most of the game. Feel free to join us at some point. It's not a great football team right now, but they've had a lot of upheaval. They gave Baylor a good game. They gave a good effort tonight.

I'll be at BA games most weeks -- I'm an alum and my little brother goes there -- but if I'm shooting MBA for WSMV, I'll be sure to come say hi.

Good effort by the Big Red Friday. I'm sure it was frustrating coming that close and still losing, but it appears they're definitely improving.