Riverdale - Smyrna

warrior82dad

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the RIVERDALE freshman played smyrna today and the opening kickoff smyrna takes it to the house and that was all they did as RIVERDALE wins 35-6

we had 4 turn overs inside the 20 we need to protect the ball better and that was the only problem with todays game

defense was outstanding i believe that smyrna probalby had negative yards on offense and the offense moved the ball VERY well...B did not start today but when he got in he did well we dont have a game for the next 2 weeks so he has 2 weeks to pull his sleeves up and get to work and get his spot back...it is a good problem for us to be so deep and that only means good things come varsity time

great game today freshman and now lets do it on varsity

well the RIVERDALE freshman played smyrna today and the opening kickoff smyrna takes it to the house and that was all they did as RIVERDALE wins 35-6

we had 4 turn overs inside the 20 we need to protect the ball better and that was the only problem with todays game

defense was outstanding i believe that smyrna probalby had negative yards on offense and the offense moved the ball VERY well...B did not start today but when he got in he did well we dont have a game for the next 2 weeks so he has 2 weeks to pull his sleeves up and get to work and get his spot back...it is a good problem for us to be so deep and that only means good things come varsity time

Thanks riverdaleman! Great job freshman keep working hard boys! :hungry::thumb:

Edited by warhawks

Congratulations Men! :thumb:

Its that 'talent pool' that has run dry I keep hearing about evidently. <_<

what a great game that was...I was right that our experience was gonna play huge for us to get the win but i was WAY WRONG on the margin...

I OBVIOUSLY didnt give smyrna the PROPS they deserved...smyrna defense looked REALLY good...they were very disiplined and you could tell they was prepared for what we was going to run so I dont think Smyrna made any mistakes maybe the blocked punt but they protected the ball well they blocked well they did all the fundamentals well...our big mistake was the fumble at mid field and we had 3 pass interference calls which 2 of them i totally disagreed with and the other i understood but didnt like the call...

NOW FOR MY WARRIORS I am very proud of this team on how they overcame some of their mistakes and when they got the ball with 6 minutes to go they took it down and scored the TD that was the maturity and experience that i was talking about another thing that i liked was yes they was happy to win but when the game was over they acted like they had done it before they didnt act like they just won state or a huge playoff game they acted like they won a tough district game

now we step out of district play next week and play Maplewood

GREAT JOB WARRIORS