Wilson Central Basketball

TSSAAguy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, their coach constantly changing the defense so that they never get good at any one of them.

The fact they're able to run so many defenses makes it difficult for teams to prepare for them. I'd say they were pretty good at it last year makin it to region, farther than any other team out of the 9-AAA district... the fact they return their top 8 players might help a little as well.

The fact they're able to run so many defenses makes it difficult for teams to prepare for them. I'd say they were pretty good at it last year makin it to region, farther than any other team out of the 9-AAA district... the fact they return their top 8 players might help a little as well.

This would be the same district that lost 4 out 4 region games, correct? If you are a jack of all trades you are a master of none. Not difficult to prepare for if you have a solid pg. Sycamore beat them and you are talking about a 9AA district team.

Didn't several of their staff leave for new jobs? Could be an issue.

Edited by captnoname

Central would've easily won their region game if TSSAA hadn't suspended their leading scorer/district tournament MVP. they competed with clarksville northeast without him and still had a chance to win the game... yes a few of the staff did leave but in my opinion the replacements fit the system even better than they did and should be a big help.

Central would've easily won their region game if TSSAA hadn't suspended their leading scorer/district tournament MVP. they competed with clarksville northeast without him and still had a chance to win the game... yes a few of the staff did leave but in my opinion the replacements fit the system even better than they did and should be a big help.

Could have, would have, should have- 9AAA was weaker than 10AAA last year, I do think that is flip-flopped this year. 9AAA should win all the games this year. Beech will be good, Wilson Central, Hendersonville, and Mt Juliet will all be better than any team in 10AAA

Could have, would have, should have- 9AAA was weaker than 10AAA last year, I do think that is flip-flopped this year. 9AAA should win all the games this year. Beech will be good, Wilson Central, Hendersonville, and Mt Juliet will all be better than any team in 10AAA

You got that right. Wilson Central has the ability to run the board in district play this year. What shirt size are you? Ill make sure to get you a state tournament shirt when WC plays in the Murphy Center.

You got that right. Wilson Central has the ability to run the board in district play this year. What shirt size are you? Ill make sure to get you a state tournament shirt when WC plays in the Murphy Center.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The season has yet to start and 9AAA has some really good coaching and so does 10AAA. Besides, who won the state tournament last year? We all know that Memphis and Knoxville will have some very good teams as will Cleveland High, Cleveland Tn and Science Hill from Johnson City.

By the way- XL cause of the "gun" show!!!

Edited by captnoname

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The season has yet to start and 9AAA has some really good coaching and so does 10AAA. Besides, who won the state tournament last year? We all know that Memphis and Knoxville will have some very good teams as will Cleveland High, Cleveland Tn and Science Hill from Johnson City.

By the way- XL cause of the "gun" show!!!

Good coaching? Joins, from Beech, has extremely underachieved with the talent he's been given in the past few years. They're extremely sloppy and unorganized. Mount Juliets coach, Allen, had to bring in Coach Keil from Lebanon a distrcit rival just to get some help... what does Memphis or Knoxville teams have to do with WC's district play. they wont have to take care of them until they get to the state tournament.

Good coaching? Joins, from Beech, has extremely underachieved with the talent he's been given in the past few years. They're extremely sloppy and unorganized. Mount Juliets coach, Allen, had to bring in Coach Keil from Lebanon a distrcit rival just to get some help... what does Memphis or Knoxville teams have to do with WC's district play. they wont have to take care of them until they get to the state tournament.

Just saying that don't be ordering the WC championship banner just yet. District 10AAA has good coaching and some very good players. You heard it here first- Kenwood will be the shock em team this year. West Creek is still formidable, Northeast has Alex P and a good coach, Dickson Co is solid, and Clarksville has solid guard play and solid coaching.

As for Beech, they made the state tournament several years in a row, Mt. Juliet is going to be good this year, and don't sleep on Hendersonville cause I saw them at Tennessee Tech camp.I just think it will be a tough season and a long one.

By the way, no one "takes care" of a Memphis or Knoxville team.