Wilson Central Basketball

TSSAAguy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAAguy, coach Joines and Allen are two of the best coaches in the midstate! The district has some great coaches! P

I agree, I just think there are alot of good coaches in these 2 districts- 9AAA and 10AAA. I am not gonna argue with someone who has been to the state tournament and alot of other coaches have not. I know, "it is not about the X's and O's it is about the Jimmy's and Joe's" but the coach has got to be decent to get to state.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that Beech is the best team this year in district 9AAA. Their length alone will give them an advantage and with their size that one three one they run will be very effective.

I know that camp doesnt mean all that much, but Wilson Central beat Beech by 15+ points in the championship at the murray state camp this summer. Beech's length did not help much that game. Beech is a solid team this year with all their returning players, but Wilson Central is a cut above them.

Mt. Juliet is the most balanced team in 9AAA. Chowbay,Shepard and Frazier are a hard 3 to stop every game, the whole game. WC will be good as well. Not sure about the rest of the district.

I'll give it to you, Chowbay is a good player. Central did a good job slowing him down last year switching between Brandon and Oldham, both EXREMELY good defenders. But fraizer?! Can i please see his stats from last year because i gurantee there were people playing WWBA with better. And Shepard is a solid post player, however he is no match for St. Louis (WC's big man). St. Louis is 6'6" and moves very well.

I'll give it to you, Chowbay is a good player. Central did a good job slowing him down last year switching between Brandon and Oldham, both EXREMELY good defenders. But fraizer?! Can i please see his stats from last year because i gurantee there were people playing WWBA with better. And Shepard is a solid post player, however he is no match for St. Louis (WC's big man). St. Louis is 6'6" and moves very well.

Just a comment from an outsider who has watched several of these boys for many years. Shepard can play much bigger than his physical size, and because of his natural basketball instinct he is invaluable in the paint. He will get double digit scoring from simply out hustling his opponents on the boards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hendersonville? mt juliet? as of every other year everyone over looks SC watch out this year they have some good guard play and CAN and WILL shock a lot of teams and people in this district this year, they can finish third!

If station camp finishes third in the district i will buy you a steak dinner.