2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

True, they won't go undefeated because of last night, but Oakdale is a force. Oneida was able to keep the scoore manageable all night and had just seperated too much for Oaldale to overcome in the end. Oakdale's front line is still every bit as formitable as last years, but a case can be made that their guards might require a little more seasoning. Nice game to watch as both teams showed a lot of grit and determination.

I agree that Oakdale is still a force and is still the favorite to win the dist. Its just one game of many to come. The difference in Oneida is they are much better in the post this year and they are playing better as a group(they share the ball)and they play much better defense this year. They only played 6 kids against Oakdale and 4 of the starters played the whole game, so they much be very well conditioned. No one is going undefeated and I still think Oakdale will be the #1 seed come tourney time. And yes it was a good game to watch.

Wartburg didn't play well until the last 4 minutes of the game and then whoa! They played lights out!

A comment on Oneida, they are going to be right there come tournament time. Well coached and really good size. Wartburg has got to work harder early in games to avoid needing the late game heroics that were necessary last night. But Good win! Lets keep it going!

After watching the game last night I was amazed by how well our girls played! Oneida beat Oakdale and took OT vs Wartburg. That is a pretty good start and I believe we can beat Oliver Springs as well. Our team is going to get better and I believe by year 3 Coach Jackson will have us really cooking back to 20 win seasons and the regional finals!

An observation about Wartburg and Oakdale last night, I felt like they were very composed coming down the stretch. His teams always play well late in games. Wartburg is going to be a serious contender by Feb. I don't see very much difference between anyone I've seen so far this year.

This district is a complete toss up! lol

Wartburg, Oneida, Oakdale, OS....it will depend on who is ready to play and when. Gonna be a fun year to watch unfold. It looked to me like Oneida tried to eat the clock at about the 6 minute mark of the 4th, I think that was their mistake. They never got back into rythm, and Wartburg found their groove. Oneida girls looked MUCH better with Jackson at the helm.

Coalfield boys beat Jellico last night and the girls looked awesome!

I believe that our boys and girls will beat Wartburg this season. I'm not sure when the games come up, but do believe we will beat them.

Oakdale is still the best team with O.S. in second they almost beat Clarkrange. Then there is everyone else.

This Friday night...we shall soon see..less than 48 hours now

How about some insight from someone who has seen Oz and Oneida both play this year. Just wondering if Oz can stop the big post from Oneida? Can Oneida match up and defend Oz? How does Oz play(slow down and shoot the three, do they have a inside game or do they run and gun?)

I haven't seen Oz, so that makes me ignorant concerning them. I do know they have a good pg in Ball ( a junior), a good player in Martin, and have heard they have a set of freshmen twins that have impressed alot of people.

Oneida I got to see at Wartburg Tuesday, the scoop on them IMHO is, strong post play, tall athletic players, good pg that will drive the lane at any time. They're a strong team that Coach Jackson has playing some better D than I've seen out of them in awhile. They didn't shoot many 3's at all really, they seem to want the higher percentage shots, but some of their fans told me that they are very capable of lighting it up from outside.

I'm reluctant to make a pick, since I know very little about Oz, but I can say that Oz needs to bring their -A- game if they want a chance to win.

Edited by 4aFan4U

Everyone is wrong I believe it will unfold like this.

1.) Oakdale

2.) Wartburg

3.) Oneida

4.) Oz

5.) Coalfield

6.) Sunbright

7.) Jellico

Oakdale flat out embarassed Sunbright last night. Wartburg is always tough and has depth. Oneida upset Oakdale which won't happen at Oneida Oakdale played terrible. Oz is tough but 0 post play. Coalfield well they have no one besides Andrea Foster. Sunbright you have the Williams sisters. Jellico has some big post. But no one Can match up with Oakdale or Wartburg in my opinion.

Everyone is wrong I believe it will unfold like this.

1.) Oakdale

2.) Wartburg

3.) Oneida

4.) Oz

5.) Coalfield

6.) Sunbright

7.) Jellico

Oakdale flat out embarassed Sunbright last night. Wartburg is always tough and has depth. Oneida upset Oakdale which won't happen at Oneida Oakdale played terrible. Oz is tough but 0 post play. Coalfield well they have no one besides Andrea Foster. Sunbright you have the Williams sisters. Jellico has some big post. But no one Can match up with Oakdale or Wartburg in my opinion.

Coalfield may not have much, but to say all they have is Foster? You must have not seen the Hamby girl play. I know her very well, and I can promise you that she gives 110% every play, and is a good ball player. Rumors early on had her transferring to Wartburg this year, if that had happened, Wartburg would be a solid district favorite and headed to at least sub-state.

Coalfield boys beat Jellico last night and the girls looked awesome!

I believe that our boys and girls will beat Wartburg this season. I'm not sure when the games come up, but do believe we will beat them.

Oakdale is still the best team with O.S. in second they almost beat Clarkrange. Then there is everyone else.

oh no what happened