2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

Wartburg at Oneida Friday. Who are you picking and why? This is a big game for both schools. Oneida let one slip away early in the season at Wartburg.

If it is at Oneida...Oneida. Playing at Wartburg is difficult at best, so if Oneida could keep it close at their place, I say they should be able to pull it off at home.

Oneida has a good team. When they play well they can do good things...as can Wartburg, but I'm curious to see how this match plays out.

If Wartburg plays the way they did in the first game Oneida will win by 10 or more. I was impressed with the way the lady dogs played in position and looked like they knew what they were doing, but they had no fight in them at all! I feel like if they play hard like I've grown used to seeing in tournaments they will win by 6-8.

Oneida, Wartburg, and O.S. are about the same right now. Wartburg can't handle our post players and I believe that will be the difference.

I hope I'm wrong, but I agree with Outlaw, Wartburg just doesn't seem to have the "fight" in them right now. I've seen glimpses of it, they had it happening at OS until their PG went down with a season ender. I also think that will hurt them tonight, not having their fast little gnat of a point guard.

I disagree with the post comment though, if #23 and #24 play like I've seen them in the past, they will play some good shut down D. They also have a couple of good looking freshmen, but wartburg gives up a lot on defense when they go in...but...we will see I suppose, gonna be a good game nevertheless but I have to pick Oneida at home.

oh! I also agree with the Oneida, OS and Wartburg teams being pretty close right now, it's a coin toss and depends on who shows up to play on any given night.

If Wartburg plays the way they did in the first game Oneida will win by 10 or more. I was impressed with the way the lady dogs played in position and looked like they knew what they were doing, but they had no fight in them at all! I feel like if they play hard like I've grown used to seeing in tournaments they will win by 6-8.

Oneida, Wartburg, and O.S. are about the same right now. Wartburg can't handle our post players and I believe that will be the difference.

You talk like Oneida won the game I think Wartburg won by 6 so playing like they did in the first game could be a W FOR THE DAWGS

I will take Oneida at Oneida. That's much like playing at O.S. the officials cater to them up there and give them a chance to beat anyone. That said I was at the Oakdale and Wartburg game the other night and I can tell you we saw both Wartburg teams. The one in the first half would have a hard time beating anybody down by 9 at the half. The team that played the second half outscored Oakdale at one point 28-4 and if they could play that way for 4 quarters they would be in a state tournament.

I just don't think they look healthy to me. I see a lot of wincing and reaching for knees on sharp cuts. If you look at their schedule you can see they've played fewer games than any team in the district. I think Davis has been hiding some kids with some dings by not playing as much as everyone else. Tournaments may expose their overall health.

If you look when they had to play back to back they got beat at Greenback in game 2 and lost to O.S. after having a second half lead. Friday isn't back to back and I believe they just might make me eat my prediction but I'm going to say Oneida 40 Wartburg 39 this one ending in regulation.

I believe the district will finish with OS 1 and Wartburg 2 Oneida will be 3

I will take Oneida at Oneida. That's much like playing at O.S. the officials cater to them up there and give them a chance to beat anyone.

Do you really think it is any worse to play at Oneida then at Oakdale or Wartburg? I have never left Wartburg, Oz, Oakdale or anywhere else feeling that we (oneida) have been treated square by the Refs. But, who goes on the road and thinks its fair? Not trying to argue but thats just part of the advantage of playing at home. Winner tonite will probably be the 2 seed behind Oz. Go Indians!!!!!!!

I think the Wartburg girls have had some dings, but he is not hiding kids he has hard nosed kids who want to keep playing, Its all about how you execute now, and who makes more plays down the stretch and hwo is willing to do the rough work on the glass,dive for loose balls, and play tough D, they have very talented young kids, who have been progressing since the day they got there and good group of older kids with talent, who have been in the big games, if they will buy into the concept of just controlling what they can control they will make a run at the region.

Yes coalfield jacketfan96, I think Coalfield is done by first round, tough though, Hamby kid plays her heart out and has no help, tough on that kid.

I don't think any of us picked Wartburg :s

Oneida jumped out to a double point lead really fast, and Coach D made probably one of the best coaching moves he has made all year....he sat ALL of his starters (except for #23 - a junior)for most of the 1st peroid. The Seniors responded well to the "attention getter", and the little freshman Hamby played one of the best games I have seen her play to date.

Wartburg and Oneida traded leads a few times in the fourth, and actually had a 1 point lead I believe when Phillips drove the lane and got fouled, the Oneida player that got the foul call slammed the ball to the ground and said something, not sure what, may have just been "dag gummit!"..but either way it got her a T..that hurt Oneida and put them down by 3 at that point I believe. Oneida hit a 3 from the parking lot with just a few seconds remaining to take a 1 point lead, long story short is, it was a really good game! and Wartburg won 45-44.

I don't think any of us picked Wartburg :s

Oneida jumped out to a double point lead really fast, and Coach D made probably one of the best coaching moves he has made all year....he sat ALL of his starters (except for #23 - a junior)for most of the 1st peroid. The Seniors responded well to the "attention getter", and the little freshman Hamby played one of the best games I have seen her play to date.

Wartburg and Oneida traded leads a few times in the fourth, and actually had a 1 point lead I believe when Phillips drove the lane and got fouled, the Oneida player that got the foul call slammed the ball to the ground and said something, not sure what, may have just been "dag gummit!"..but either way it got her a T..that hurt Oneida and put them down by 3 at that point I believe. Oneida hit a 3 from the parking lot with just a few seconds remaining to take a 1 point lead, long story short is, it was a really good game! and Wartburg won 45-44.

I will have to say I didn't think that wartburg had what it took to play defense on us in the 1/2 court. Their D in the 4th is the best I've seen out of anyone we have played. They are not as soft as I thought and its going to be difficult for anyone to score on them if they improve in their press and stop the turnovers. I thought our girls played very hard and believe they will be a tough team to beat in tournaments as well.

Wartburg or O.S. will win the reg season now. I can't pick between the two! Wartburg shot 30 % and hit about 50% from the line and beat us. They were one dimensional and still won on our floor!

Fun game to watch though!

Edited by Indianoutlaw

Heard OS point guard is out from last nights game vs Jellico?

Any truth? I wasn't able to attend the game.

If that young lady is out, I'm not sure if OS is going to be able to keep the #1 seed placement...

Was anyone at the game last night that could verify this rumor?

She is fine nothing to worry about

Edited by Hopi