2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

Oakdale goes to Onieda! Im going with Oakdale 41-39

OS. goes to Wartburg! Im going with OS 52-44

I think both road teams win tonight and we have a really interesting traffic jam at the top.

Wartburg isn't good like I thought they would be. Don't really have the strength of freshmen I thought they would. The Fr. guards got beat by Sunbright 16-2 in the 4th quarter. So they're not all that deep!

Oakdale will be better at tournament time and may slide in to 2nd place with a win over wartburg tuesday.

OS will win the district outright!

I have no problem seeing wartburg drop their last 2 games in 4A and fall to 3rd place.

Granted my team isn't going to be there, but it would be nice to see it as more than a 2 team race!

I think you should change your name to WartburgHater or something more appropriate. Wartburg is 10-1 in the district, and you picked Coalfield to beat them earlier in this thread. Coalfield has only 2 district wins, both against Jellico. I think your letting your hatred for Wartburg control your picks, lol

As for the OS/Wartburg game, it was a good game, lead changes all night. Wartburg came out on top by 3.

IndianOutlaw, I respect your posts, from what I've seen they've been pretty spot on, got a recap of what happened with Oakdale? I take it that Thompson is back?...anybody else see the Oneida/OD match up? Thrilla?

I think you should change your name to WartburgHater or something more appropriate. Wartburg is 10-1 in the district, and you picked Coalfield to beat them earlier in this thread. Coalfield has only 2 district wins, both against Jellico. I think your letting your hatred for Wartburg control your picks, lol

As for the OS/Wartburg game, it was a good game, lead changes all night. Wartburg came out on top by 3.

IndianOutlaw, I respect your posts, from what I've seen they've been pretty spot on, got a recap of what happened with Oakdale? I take it that Thompson is back?...anybody else see the Oneida/OD match up? Thrilla?

I have to agree, Wartburg/OS game was a good game...easy shots just missed by Oliver Springs and Wartburg lit it up behind the three line!

As for the Oneida/Oakdale match...who took the win? How'd it go?

I have to agree, Wartburg/OS game was a good game...easy shots just missed by Oliver Springs and Wartburg lit it up behind the three line!

As for the Oneida/Oakdale match...who took the win? How'd it go?

I went outside the gym to get some cool air between games last night and heard Keith Adcock tell someone the Oakdale/Oneida score, and Oakdale won pretty handily. I wish I could remember what he said the score was.

Hopefully IndianOutlaw or someone who watched the game will jump on here and give us a recap, lol

I went outside the gym to get some cool air between games last night and heard Keith Adcock tell someone the Oakdale/Oneida score, and Oakdale won pretty handily. I wish I could remember what he said the score was.

Hopefully IndianOutlaw or someone who watched the game will jump on here and give us a recap, lol

Oneida just couldn't stop Kilby in the post. I am sure she had at least 25 pts, alot of them from the foul line(not bad calls we just let her catch anywhere she wanted to and then went and hacked her). Oneida was down by 17 at one time in the third quarter and cut it to 5 in the mid 4th quarter and then #33 for Oakdale hit 2 big 3's to bump backup to double digit lead. Oneida needs to get it together quick or they wont be making any noise come tourney time. Thompson only played a few minutes in the 2nd half. Oneida started a smaller lineup last nite because the Terry girl is hurt. If she plays we are bigger and matchup better with Kilby and Oakdale, but the way Oneida looked last nite until we start playing with a little more energy we are not going to beat any good teams. Oneida has the parts to be a contender but we have to get better on post defense and we stand too much on the offensive end. Just my thoughts, but when you act like you don't care and are not willing to dig down deep inside and fight to the end(coaches and players) then you can only go so far. I know I am being negative, but I have high expectations for this team and would like to see them reached.

Oneida just couldn't stop Kilby in the post. I am sure she had at least 25 pts, alot of them from the foul line(not bad calls we just let her catch anywhere she wanted to and then went and hacked her). Oneida was down by 17 at one time in the third quarter and cut it to 5 in the mid 4th quarter and then #33 for Oakdale hit 2 big 3's to bump backup to double digit lead. Oneida needs to get it together quick or they wont be making any noise come tourney time. Thompson only played a few minutes in the 2nd half. Oneida started a smaller lineup last nite because the Terry girl is hurt. If she plays we are bigger and matchup better with Kilby and Oakdale, but the way Oneida looked last nite until we start playing with a little more energy we are not going to beat any good teams. Oneida has the parts to be a contender but we have to get better on post defense and we stand too much on the offensive end. Just my thoughts, but when you act like you don't care and are not willing to dig down deep inside and fight to the end(coaches and players) then you can only go so far. I know I am being negative, but I have high expectations for this team and would like to see them reached.

Wow! I would have bet money that Thompson was back after hearing about the game, BUT, like I said in an earlier post, these ARE High School girls...you just never can tell what your gonna get! lol

Thanks for the game summary Booger, it sounds like Oakdale stepped up, and Oneida just wasn't ready to play :s

If I am correct in my thinking Oneida will be the 4 seed and host Sunbright in the first round, This is two teams that are going in different directions in the past few weeks. Sunbright is starting to play better then they have in a few years and Oneida is starting to slide. Oneida can turn it around, but they could be one and done in the tourney if they don't ready to play. Oneida has some good players in Morgan, Jeffers, and Micah Stephens and hopefully we get Terry back next week. But again anything can happen.

Yeah from what I understand Kilby just pounded them, Thompson is not BACK. Still gimpy, oneida sounds like they have hit a wall,so to speak. The Wartburg game came down to coaching and execution, could see district tourney battle with these two teams again, I watched the other district, maybe only tellico plains can compete with district 4A,.

Yeah from what I understand Kilby just pounded them, Thompson is not BACK. Still gimpy, oneida sounds like they have hit a wall,so to speak. The Wartburg game came down to coaching and execution, could see district tourney battle with these two teams again, I watched the other district, maybe only tellico plains can compete with district 4A,.

First and foremost, i have enjoyed this thread over the season keeping up with Dist. 4a. Also, do not want to ruin this thread by making this a 3a vs.4a . But,Thrilla... "maybe only tellico can COMPETE with district 4a". Tellico has to be the favorite team as of now. I realize they lost to O.S. early but, they are much improved. Also, Grace has beaten O.S., Greenback has beaten Oakdale and Wartburg. Respectfully submitted.

First and foremost, i have enjoyed this thread over the season keeping up with Dist. 4a. Also, do not want to ruin this thread by making this a 3a vs.4a . But,Thrilla... "maybe only tellico can COMPETE with district 4a". Tellico has to be the favorite team as of now. I realize they lost to O.S. early but, they are much improved. Also, Grace has beaten O.S., Greenback has beaten Oakdale and Wartburg. Respectfully submitted.

Did some checking on the schedule for Grace and Greenback on Coacht, and it shows that Grace has not beaten OS they could later but not to date.

Grace schedule

Fri Dec.2 #23 Oliver Springs L 25-45

Tue Jan.24 #23 Oliver Springs L 37-46

Greenback schedule

Thu Jan. 5 at Oakdale L 33-43

Sat Jan. 7 Wartburg W 49-44

Mon Dec. 19 Oakdale W 54-48

Tue Nov. 22 Wartburg L 47-52

This according to Coacht's schedule any how it has been known to be wrong from time to tiime and I maybe wrong, but that is what it says.

Edited by Hopi

Did some checking on the schedule for Grace and Greenback on Coacht, and it shows that Grace has not beaten OS they could later but not to date.

Grace schedule

Fri Dec.2 #23 Oliver Springs L 25-45

Tue Jan.24 #23 Oliver Springs L 37-46

Greenback schedule

Thu Jan. 5 at Oakdale L 33-43

Sat Jan. 7 Wartburg W 49-44

Mon Dec. 19 Oakdale W 54-48

Tue Nov. 22 Wartburg L 47-52

This according to Coacht's schedule any how it has been known to be wrong from time to tiime and I maybe wrong, but that is what it says.

Your right on the schedule I seen them play a couple of times, but as a whole, 4a is more talented top to bottom. I do like the data you gathered, I guess the region tourney shall decide it for us to see. Both wins came at home, *remember region will be in district 4A this yr.*

Food for thought hopi.

Good thread tho.

Your right on the schedule I seen them play a couple of times, but as a whole, 4a is more talented top to bottom. I do like the data you gathered, I guess the region tourney shall decide it for us to see. Both wins came at home, *remember region will be in district 4A this yr.*

Food for thought hopi.

Good thread tho.

Thrilla/Hopi... good post, and thanks for the research. I do stand corrected on Grace vs. O.S. games. 4a could be stronger as a whole due to the bottom of 3a is weak. But, my point is 1-4 (3a) is no pushover.Good point on region is in 4a this year.

This is how the district tournament is shaping up, if OS defeats Oneida at home Friday night, and Oakdale wins at Coalfield.

1.) Wartburg - bye

2.) Oliver Springs

7.) Jellico

3.) Oakdale

6.) Coalfield

4.) Oneida

5.) Sunbright

I think the final four will be Wartburg, OS, Oakdale and Oneida...any of the 4 could win the tournament, what are your thoughts? I don't see any upsets in the 1st round of 3 games.