2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

I heard two of district bigger teams had kids who got hurt? any truth? OZ beat wartburg, but at OS no team gets fair shake over there. terrible environment and really not a good sports environment, just like to heckle athletes/players and try to use disgraceful style of playing dirty to teams, I am an Anderson County native so I remember how bad it was to play there!

Wartburg was ahead by 4 after fighting back from a 12 point deficit when their Point Guard went down with some sort of knee injury. Most at the game believed it could be a season ender for this young lady. I was astonished to hear the Oliver Springs student section heckle the young lady as she sat on the floor crying with a possible torn ACL. Their antics over there will get them in trouble some day. TSSAA needs to do something before a brawl breaks out! Wartburg will still be a good team, but you have to move them to 3 or 4 due to the loss of their sparkplug at the point. That young lady only scored about 4 ppg, but she was their best handler and defender!

On a side note where has #24 gone for the lady dogs she is averaging single digits for the lady dogs and plays completely lazy! I'm shocked Coach D hasn't sent her to the bench!

Any Ideas Thrilla?

Wartburg was ahead by 4 after fighting back from a 12 point deficit when their Point Guard went down with some sort of knee injury. Most at the game believed it could be a season ender for this young lady. I was astonished to hear the Oliver Springs student section heckle the young lady as she sat on the floor crying with a possible torn ACL. Their antics over there will get them in trouble some day. TSSAA needs to do something before a brawl breaks out! Wartburg will still be a good team, but you have to move them to 3 or 4 due to the loss of their sparkplug at the point. That young lady only scored about 4 ppg, but she was their best handler and defender!

On a side note where has #24 gone for the lady dogs she is averaging single digits for the lady dogs and plays completely lazy! I'm shocked Coach D hasn't sent her to the bench!

Any Ideas Thrilla?

Oliver springs wont win the district, winning with that "brutish" i am gonna try and beat you up, because I can't play basketball will win some but ultimately not win the titles.

You know I have only seen them 2 times this year, but yes I have heard esp from other coaches about number 24, she is a talented kid but her effort level doesn't look to be what it has been in past 2 yrs, although I seen her numbers have been picking up after Christmas. She really needs to put the team on her shoulders and play like the player that she can, she is long, athletic, and can attack the rim. I think that would really help her team emotionally after losing one leader, that's what good teams do, a veteran leader goes down and another one steps up in that place. Also for her sake, if she plans on doing anything after high school (playing some college ball), she needs to start picking it up.

We played Wartburg early in the season and they were very tough and their little point really pressured our guards. I'm sorry to see she's hurt. #24 can't carry them, she's not very good in all honesty! I feel like they will be 4th behind O.S. , us, and Oakdale. Wartburg beats people with their guards and now they are down one that will hurt.

As for the comments on the brutality that goes on at O.S. that is tradition and TSSAA will never do anything to stop it! Their student section is a black eye on the school

Any Ideas Thrilla?

I just wanted to comment on this, The OS Student Section did not "Heckle" Tori Phillips. I was at the game and the gym went deathly quiet, you could have heard a pen drop. If you want to say Oliver Springs plays dirty, then why didn't Ball and one of the twins go steal the ball from Tori when the ref wouldn't stop the play when she got hurt?

It seems that you and Thrilla don't quite know what you're talking about.

Oliver Springs obviously does know how to play basketball, for Thrilla to say that they don't is absurd. They are a scrappy team...as are most of the teams in District 4-A. I definitely have not seen play that deems them "Dirty" Players.

As for my opinion, I still see District 4-A as a toss up. With Oakdale and Wartburg's point guard's out who knows what could happen? I don't see much changing, it will still be toss up in the end.

I just wanted to comment on this, The OS Student Section did not "Heckle" Tori Phillips. I was at the game and the gym went deathly quiet, you could have heard a pen drop. If you want to say Oliver Springs plays dirty, then why didn't Ball and one of the twins go steal the ball from Tori when the ref wouldn't stop the play when she got hurt?

It seems that you and Thrilla don't quite know what you're talking about.

Oliver Springs obviously does know how to play basketball, for Thrilla to say that they don't is absurd. They are a scrappy team...as are most of the teams in District 4-A. I definitely have not seen play that deems them "Dirty" Players.

As for my opinion, I still see District 4-A as a toss up. With Oakdale and Wartburg's point guard's out who knows what could happen? I don't see much changing, it will still be toss up in the end.

Any news on Phillips (Wartburg) and Thompson (Oakdale)? Heard last night there was a ton of swelling and very tendor, has either had there MRI and has either seen a doctor yet? I just want to say good luck to you both and I hope either of your knees is not as bad as some feared and you can return to action

I was at the OS game and the place got silent. I agree the crowd at OS is sometimes roudy but in that situation it was not that way when she went down.

I think everyone will agree OS is sometimes a tough place to play anyhow. Fans are so close to the action and very vocal which makes it loud and even tougher. Sit behind the teams and you can hear just as much crap as you probably do on the home side, matter of fact it is sometimes brutal over there as well with the vistors sections.

OS is still young and has alot to learn still yet but if you watch them they play hard. It is not always pretty matter of fact sometimes it is hard to watch, but they are improving. Not to compare them (OS) to any college teams but they play hard and create problems for other teams like Kentucky Lady Wildcats ask the Lady Vols this morning. I am sure it sometimes looks brutal but it is just hard nosed aggressive basketball.

Who wins the district someone asks; no one knows injuries and other factors come in to play and team 1---- still has a shot at D4A.

Edited by Hopi

You ALL are right, OS student section DID heckle, but only for a very brief minute or so, then some really loud and forceful voice screamed at them from the floor beside the bleachers: "SET DOWN AND SHUT UP!!", that caught my attention more than the heckling really. When I looked that way to see who was yelling, the entire student section was starting to sit, all at the same time. So yes, they started to heckle, but someone (I'm guessing a teacher or maybe even principal) stopped it immediately.

It was good to know it wasn't tolerated and was stopped, but to say the student section was "dead quiet" and not heckling is a false statement, pure and simple. Ask around, I know that you will find this to be the complete and honest truth.

As for Tori, she had her MRI today so nothing for sure yet, will find out Monday, but the doc said he is pretty sure it's an ACL. (That's what her Mother said tonight at the Wartburg/Oakdale game).

After looking at the schedules, and assuming that Phillips for Wartburg, and Thompson for Oakdale will be out until the district tournaments. I think OS will be the no.1 seed come tournament time. They have already beaten Oneida at Oneida, and they will for sure win at home (HATE those student sections, MAJOR advantage for them), even if Wartburg splits with them, I think they'll get the tie breaker. Wartburg winning at Oneida without their point won't be easy, and is probably a loss. Oakdale has lost to Oneida at Oakdale, and Wartburg tonight, They still have a shot at the no.1 seed, but again, they lost a really good point. (not sure of her status, she didn't play at Wartburg tonight).

Tournament seeds as of now, imo:

1.) OS (they will lose at Wartburg, when they get away from that huge home court advantage, can't believe Oakdale beat them there, but that was with Thompson)

Current District record is 6-1, only loss was to Oakdale at home.

2.) Wartburg (Only real games remaining are OS at home, that's a win, and Oakdale and Oneida away, I see them going 2-1. They have a good chance to beat Oakdale even at Oakdale)

Current District record is 6-1, only loss was to OS at OS.

3.) Oneida (they have Wartburg and Oakdale at home, OS away, OS will win the home game. Oneida has advantage over Wartburg and Oakdale playing at home. They may lose 2 of those 3.)

Current District record is 4-2, losses to OS at home, and Wartburg away.

4.) Oakdale (Still has games away at OS and Oneida, and home against Wartburg, not sure they can win those without Thompson)

Current District record is 4-2, lost to Oneida at home, and away at Wartburg.

5.) Coalfield

6.) Sunbright

7.) Jellico

All this means squat come tournament time, anything can happen :)

I am excited to see who comes out on top, Oliver Springs or Wartburg. I do agree that things happen during games that look dirty, but truthfully I dont think Oliver Sprigs is a dirty team. BUT I do think if I was a player it would be very hard for me to play at Oliver Springs just because the atmosphere is want every team wants at their own place. I also think that Wartburg might be another harder place to play at in the district because like Oliver Springs the fans are so close and usually the student section is large. Just because its loud, theres a big student section, and/or the fans are so close at Oliver Springs or even wartburg doesnt mean that it is unfair, it just means the game is better and more exciting. For example, who would want to play a big district game at somewhere like Harriman? Its so big in there for so little amount of people who usually attend. If I had to pick where I wanted to play a big game, it would be at Wartburg or Oliver Springs, and anyone who likes an exciting game would agree.