2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

Looks like we got:

OS/Oneida and Wartburg/Oakdale

Gonna be 2 good games......

Gonna be a wild final 4. Wartburg has only lost to Oz, but Oneida had them on the ropes both times, Oneida, Oakdale snd Oz have all split with each other. Play this 4 times and you could have 4 different winners. But you only get one chance so you better lace um up and get it on!

Gonna be a wild final 4. Wartburg has only lost to Oz, but Oneida had them on the ropes both times, Oneida, Oakdale snd Oz have all split with each other. Play this 4 times and you could have 4 different winners. But you only get one chance so you better lace um up and get it on!

I think oakdale and wartburg game will be game of wills, oakdale's slow it down approach, using their inside bigs, and Wartburg with their tough defensive looks, and solid shooting and finishing around the bucket. The oneida and OS game will be another war of attrition, these two hate each other and I wouldnt be suprised if its a 2 point game either way, I do not see any blowouts happening on Friday night.

I'll tell you one thing, if any Oneida people come on here complaining about the refs, I won't blame them!

I didn't really have a dog in the race, and even I thought the refs cost Oneida that game...horrible for the entire 3rd period, and about half the 4th. If I was a Oneida fan, I would be sick!!

The refs for the Wartburg/Oakdale game done what I thought was a really good job, rarely ever even noticed them, but boy oh boy, that second crew...well, they weren't good at all in my opinion.

Anyway, looks like Oneida/Oakdale and Wartburg/OS...2 more good games remaining.

I'll tell you one thing, if any Oneida people come on here complaining about the refs, I won't blame them!

I didn't really have a dog in the race, and even I thought the refs cost Oneida that game...horrible for the entire 3rd period, and about half the 4th. If I was a Oneida fan, I would be sick!!

The refs for the Wartburg/Oakdale game done what I thought was a really good job, rarely ever even noticed them, but boy oh boy, that second crew...well, they weren't good at all in my opinion.

Anyway, looks like Oneida/Oakdale and Wartburg/OS...2 more good games remaining.

I am sick, sick of having the same ole refs that are awful everytime out. I not sure they cost Oneida the game, we done a lot of the damage ourself. 90% of the refs in 4A are awful, And before someone gets on here and says that I should get certified and try it, I will tell you up front I would not be a good ref, but I do have enough common sense not to make an idiot out of myself like most do. If you are to OLD, Fat, or just not capable of doing the job, please give it up!

You know what is funny is how many people get on here with no dog in the fights but somehow have something to say. The refs were not great but Oneida only scoring 1 point in the last 10 minutes of the game might have had something to do with it. Why can't you give the OS girls some credit on the defensive end of the floor. All four of these teams are petty good and as someone mentioned above shake them up and anyone can win. But give the kids a little credit.

You know what is funny is how many people get on here with no dog in the fights but somehow have something to say. The refs were not great but Oneida only scoring 1 point in the last 10 minutes of the game might have had something to do with it. Why can't you give the OS girls some credit on the defensive end of the floor. All four of these teams are petty good and as someone mentioned above shake them up and anyone can win. But give the kids a little credit.

oh, I give them credit, OS is a dang good team!! The refs weren't consistent at all. What was a foul on one end was a no call on the other. No matter, I'm just glad they weren't the refs that called the Wartburg/Oakdale game, lol

As for giving OS credit? are you serious? They can win it all!! lol...I don't need to "give" them anything, they have earned respect...but be honest, unless your looking through OS colored glasses, the refs killed Oneida in the 3rd period, every call went OS's way. I'm not even saying it was intentional, I'm just saying those refs made some pretty bad calls that hurt Oneida.

As of now the two best from the regular season are meeting in the tournament championship.

Wartburg is in an entire other league from Oakdale and the game wasn't close. Oliver Springs really squeaked one out over us tonight, but I feel like the two best teams and coaches are meeting. I really don't see why there is a debate at this point as to who the best coach is. All four of our region teams are represented well

I really can't predict the finals because it's hard to see either team running away with it.

Consolation game is hands down Oneida.

Now for the refs, it was the worst night I can remember. They didn't belong out there. In the Wartburg, Oakdale game you had kilby being allowed to just plow her way to the goal and wartburg players checking oakdale's kids to the floor. Now I really believe that the two teams evened out due to them letting the player of the year walk and push off multiple times, but it made the game ugly.

Our game was worse with actual punches being thrown and the refs doing nothing about it. Too much attitude and I can say OS is a very dirty team and they are encouraged to be that way. Refs let em get away with it so I suppose that's how it will be. If os is allowed to punch and pull hair like they did tonight I may give a small edge to them in the champ. Shame is we won't get to see who the best basketball team is, just the most brutish!

Hopi, I will give you guys credit, you played good enough to win and that is all you can ask kids to do. Oneida needs to get better on the Offensive end. We stand to much which makes us a easy team to defend! But congrats to Oz you are playing for the Championship! With that said, I will say that it is much easier to swallow awful officiating when you are on the winning side of it. The LARGER ref from last night has killed Oneida everytime we have him. I don't know if he has something against our school,coach,fans or players but it is clearly there. He has a mad at the world attitude and is just not a good official. If he is doing for the money(and thats what it appears like since he seems miserable all the time)we at Oneida would pay him double his salary to stay away from our games!

Hopi, I will give you guys credit, you played good enough to win and that is all you can ask kids to do. Oneida needs to get better on the Offensive end. We stand to much which makes us a easy team to defend! But congrats to Oz you are playing for the Championship! With that said, I will say that it is much easier to swallow awful officiating when you are on the winning side of it. The LARGER ref from last night has killed Oneida everytime we have him. I don't know if he has something against our school,coach,fans or players but it is clearly there. He has a mad at the world attitude and is just not a good official. If he is doing for the money(and thats what it appears like since he seems miserable all the time)we at Oneida would pay him double his salary to stay away from our games!

ROTFL! Good one Booger! I will be the first to admit that I would be a TERRIBLE ref...so, hmmm...wanta pay me to not even try? LOL

Good luck to your girls against Oakdale Booger, and I think your right about the standing around too much, when they were in motion they made some really nice passes and got some good looks, but I did notice at times it seemed like it took them awhile to start moving. I actually was thinking maybe they just wanted to limit OS's possessions and keep their posts out of foul trouble on the defensive end.

Forget the score of the Oneida/Oakdale game, but Oakdale won by about 13 I believe. The game never was really close after the first quarter. A few times Oneida cut it to double digits, then Oakdale would go on a little run.

Oneida didn't look like the same team that played against OS, they looked a little tired or something. Did anybody else seem to think that, or was it just me?

The Wartburg/OS game...wow! killer game. Wartburg won 40-38.

OS started the game and jumped all over Wartburg, looked like they may blow em out, but it tightened up and ended up being one of the best down to the wire games that I've seen in awhile. Those freshmen twins from OS have a lot of good ball ahead of them.