Failure of McMinn Central Football: Kids or Coach

SAGINAWFAN

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it to the game tonight,I have to work.But I will listen to it on the radio,Maybe I can make it a little after halftime if the score isn't to bad.

I suspected "something" would keep you from attending when someone pinpointed you on where you'd be at the ballgame so they could meet you. LOL

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it to the game tonight,I have to work.But I will listen to it on the radio,Maybe I can make it a little after halftime if the score isn't to bad.

Kind of what I figured. Many of the REAL Central fans know me, and my families contribution to the Athletics at Central. Just ask around :thumb: Maybe one day you will stop hiding behind a fake username to bash coach Goodin. Hope it makes you feel good, big guy. :roflol:

Im not going to bash Goodin, and say he is a terrible coach because I honestly have no clue. But Mcminn Central Football failure falls back to this. >>>NO TALENT.<<<

Central looks like the bad news bears (of football)

I want to think Goodin is a good coach, but have never talked football with him or been around him enough to know. But I can say this for him, you can put Urban Meyers, Pete Carroll, Nick Saban any of these coaches out there and they wouldnt even have a .500 ball team. They would be considered "successful" with winning 2 games!

For a guy to have strong family ties with the central program,You sure don't know much about the coach do you??Your words not mine! :mrgreen:

For a guy to have strong family ties with the central program,You sure don't know much about the coach do you??Your words not mine! :mrgreen:

No you got it wrong. I never once said I had strong family ties with Central's FOOTBALL program. I was meaning Central SPORTS as a whole. I'm not related to Coach Goodin, im not related to one coach at Central for that matter. But that doesnt mean that my family hasn't been very active in Baseball, Basketball, and Football sports for nearly 15 years. Football is probably the least, and not really at all the past 3 years. But that doesnt mean I cant take up for Coach Goodin. I don't think I have talked to the man since he has been the head coach at Central. But i'll still stand up for him getting bashed on a public forum by a no name coward like you.

I feel sorry for the players, Coaches, and some of the parents from Mcminn. Like I hate how things are goin at Central now. When Central had some decent teams, they talked to much crap and never made it far in the playoffs, now it is the opposite.

I used to laugh at all the crap the Central fans would talk when they would have a strong regular season only to get embarrased in the 1st round by a 3rd or 4th place team out of another region! Now I do feel sorry for the players, keep your heads up and play hard! Things will get better!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

• Upvote 1

I THOUGHT DERRICK LEFT BECAUSE HE GOT HIS HAND CAUGHT IN THE COOKIE JAR AND GIVEN AN ULTIMATUM NOT BECAUSE HE GOT A BETTER JOB? THE JOB WAS JUST GOOD FORTUNE HOW I UNDERSTOOD IT. YOU GOT TO HAVE TALENT AND GOOD COACHING TO WIN. BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RESPECTABLE COACH THE TALENT WONT PLAY FOR THEM THEY WILL FIND OTHER THINGS TO DO WITH THEIR TIME. I DON'T KNOW THE COACH BUT IN TODAYS TIMES IT IS HARD TO GET KIDS TO PUT IN THE DEDICATION IT TAKES TO PLAY FOOTBALL, IF A KID IS NOT A SUPERSTAR THE MINUTE HE WALKS ON THE FIELD THEN THEY USUALLY DON'T WANT TO WORK AT IT INSTEAD THEY QUIT AND FIND OTHER THINGS THAT MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES. THERE IS A LOT OF OTHER THINGS THAT ARE FUN TO DO THAT REQUIRE A LOT LESS TIME AND ENERGY. 20-25 YEARS AGO OUR PARENTS DID NOT LET THE KIDS RUN AROUND DOING AS THEY PLEASE WE WERE TOLD WHAT WE COULD DO AND WOULD DO. NOW DAYS YOU PLAY IF YOU WANT TO AND IF YOU DON'T IT IS OK TO RUN AROUND WITH YOUR FRIENDS ALL NIGHT DOING WHATEVER YOU WANT TO. WHEN PARENTS START RAISING THEIR KIDS WITH DISCIPLINE AGAIN THEN COACHES CAN START USING IT ON THE FIELD AGAIN, THEN YOU WILL SEE YOUR TEAMS WIN. YES SIR, NO SIR! IF I AM NOT STRICT ON MY KID AND LET HIM DO AS HE PLEASES AND THE COACH IS HARD ON HIM, THEN HE QUITS BECAUSE HE IS NOT USE TO DISCIPLINE, WHO IS TO BLAME? 99.9% OF THE TIME IT IS THE COACHES FAULT RIGHT? PARENTS, LOOK IN THE MIRROR, SPORTS BUILDS DRIVE THAT KIDS CARRY INTO ADULTHOOD THAT WILL MAKE THEM SUCCESSFUL, STOP BABYING THEM AND TAKING THEIR SIDE EVERY TIME THINGS DON'T GO THEIR WAY OR SOME COACH IS HARD ON THEM LIFE IS HARD AND PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT DEDICATED AND DRIVEN OR TAUGHT TO BE, USUALLY FIND EXCUSES THROUGHOUT LIFE WHY THEY CAN'T GET A JOB OR PAY THEIR BILLS. I DO LIVE IN THE GREATER MCMINN AREA BUT DO NOT KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE COACH AT CENTRAL BUT I DO KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT A COACHES HANDS ARE SOMEWHAT TIED THESE DAYS BY THE WAY WE ARE RAISING OUR CHILDREN. TUFF LOVE IS GOOD LOVE AND IT WILL BRING SUCCESS TO THE FOOTBALL FIELD AS WELL.

• Upvote 1

No you got it wrong. I never once said I had strong family ties with Central's FOOTBALL program. I was meaning Central SPORTS as a whole. I'm not related to Coach Goodin, im not related to one coach at Central for that matter. But that doesnt mean that my family hasn't been very active in Baseball, Basketball, and Football sports for nearly 15 years. Football is probably the least, and not really at all the past 3 years. But that doesnt mean I cant take up for Coach Goodin. I don't think I have talked to the man since he has been the head coach at Central. But i'll still stand up for him getting bashed on a public forum by a no name coward like you.

Well thank you,I will take that as a compliment.Just remember young little canadian,That if your going to say things to other people then you need to remember what you have said yourself in the past.You said that "central looks like the bad news bears of football"and has no talent.One would think that would reflect on the coaching?Plus warhorse might get mad about you talking about his little brother that way.Right Jake?

I THOUGHT DERRICK LEFT BECAUSE HE GOT HIS HAND CAUGHT IN THE COOKIE JAR AND GIVEN AN ULTIMATUM NOT BECAUSE HE GOT A BETTER JOB? THE JOB WAS JUST GOOD FORTUNE HOW I UNDERSTOOD IT. YOU GOT TO HAVE TALENT AND GOOD COACHING TO WIN. BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RESPECTABLE COACH THE TALENT WONT PLAY FOR THEM THEY WILL FIND OTHER THINGS TO DO WITH THEIR TIME. I DON'T KNOW THE COACH BUT IN TODAYS TIMES IT IS HARD TO GET KIDS TO PUT IN THE DEDICATION IT TAKES TO PLAY FOOTBALL, IF A KID IS NOT A SUPERSTAR THE MINUTE HE WALKS ON THE FIELD THEN THEY USUALLY DON'T WANT TO WORK AT IT INSTEAD THEY QUIT AND FIND OTHER THINGS THAT MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES. THERE IS A LOT OF OTHER THINGS THAT ARE FUN TO DO THAT REQUIRE A LOT LESS TIME AND ENERGY. 20-25 YEARS AGO OUR PARENTS DID NOT LET THE KIDS RUN AROUND DOING AS THEY PLEASE WE WERE TOLD WHAT WE COULD DO AND WOULD DO. NOW DAYS YOU PLAY IF YOU WANT TO AND IF YOU DON'T IT IS OK TO RUN AROUND WITH YOUR FRIENDS ALL NIGHT DOING WHATEVER YOU WANT TO. WHEN PARENTS START RAISING THEIR KIDS WITH DISCIPLINE AGAIN THEN COACHES CAN START USING IT ON THE FIELD AGAIN, THEN YOU WILL SEE YOUR TEAMS WIN. YES SIR, NO SIR! IF I AM NOT STRICT ON MY KID AND LET HIM DO AS HE PLEASES AND THE COACH IS HARD ON HIM, THEN HE QUITS BECAUSE HE IS NOT USE TO DISCIPLINE, WHO IS TO BLAME? 99.9% OF THE TIME IT IS THE COACHES FAULT RIGHT? PARENTS, LOOK IN THE MIRROR, SPORTS BUILDS DRIVE THAT KIDS CARRY INTO ADULTHOOD THAT WILL MAKE THEM SUCCESSFUL, STOP BABYING THEM AND TAKING THEIR SIDE EVERY TIME THINGS DON'T GO THEIR WAY OR SOME COACH IS HARD ON THEM LIFE IS HARD AND PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT DEDICATED AND DRIVEN OR TAUGHT TO BE, USUALLY FIND EXCUSES THROUGHOUT LIFE WHY THEY CAN'T GET A JOB OR PAY THEIR BILLS. I DO LIVE IN THE GREATER MCMINN AREA BUT DO NOT KNOW ALOT ABOUT THE COACH AT CENTRAL BUT I DO KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT A COACHES HANDS ARE SOMEWHAT TIED THESE DAYS BY THE WAY WE ARE RAISING OUR CHILDREN. TUFF LOVE IS GOOD LOVE AND IT WILL BRING SUCCESS TO THE FOOTBALL FIELD AS WELL.

Very well put RockyTop, I agree!

Well thank you,I will take that as a compliment.Just remember young little canadian,That if your going to say things to other people then you need to remember what you have said yourself in the past.You said that "central looks like the bad news bears of football"and has no talent.One would think that would reflect on the coaching?Plus warhorse might get mad about you talking about his little brother that way.Right Jake?

As a TEAM they have no Talent, If you think this team is talented and should be winning 6-9 games like the past few years, you need to get your head checked. Yeah you can put a couple players out there that are good athletes that can play, but if they have no one to block for them they can't do much. Or vice versa if the line is amazing and they have no talent to pass, run or catch the ball (not saying they don't) and the offense cant score, that amazing line doesnt look good. I'm not ashamed to admit Central looks bad, its true. But does it really fall back 100% on the coaching? Or is your hate for Goodin just that strong? I would love for you to be the coach of these past 2 teams and see how many games you won. It's not ALL Goodins fault like you try and say. Talent goes in cycles. Central is down right now, and only one way to go from here. But with the program getting nothing but negative remarks and attitudes from people like you is what is holding this program back. Until people put away this "Etowah/Englewood" stuff and come together as ONE and buy in it will be the same way for years to come. Notice the basketball/baseball teams that have been very successful the past 10 years. How many coaching changes have you seen with them programs? The community is going to have to get behind one coach stick with him, get talent on the field and let him run his system and from there WINS for this Program will come.

Edited by canadian

Derrick left because he got a job offer for right at 60k in Georgia to come teach and coach football, his wife also got a teaching job at the same school if im not mistaken. Win, win situation for that family.

As a TEAM they have no Talent, If you think this team is talented and should be winning 6-9 games like the past few years, you need to get your head checked. Yeah you can put a couple players out there that are good athletes that can play, but if they have no one to block for them they can't do much. Or vice versa if the line is amazing and they have no talent to pass, run or catch the ball (not saying they don't) and the offense cant score, that amazing line doesnt look good. I'm not ashamed to admit Central looks bad, its true. But does it really fall back 100% on the coaching? Or is your hate for Goodin just that strong? I would love for you to be the coach of these past 2 teams and see how many games you won. It's not ALL Goodins fault like you try and say. Talent goes in cycles. Central is down right now, and only one way to go from here. But with the program getting nothing but negative remarks and attitudes from people like you is what is holding this program back. Until people put away this "Etowah/Englewood" stuff and come together as ONE and buy in it will be the same way for years to come. Notice the basketball/baseball teams that have been very successful the past 10 years. How many coaching changes have you seen with them programs? The community is going to have to get behind one coach stick with him, get talent on the field and let him run his system and from there WINS for this Program will come.

I agree 100% with you canadian . I think ballcoach93 has his panties in a wad when it comes to Goodin. He may not be the greatest coach central has ever seen put he has done things to improve the program for instance the new score board that was recently put up. He may not have had the record Derrick had while being at central but he had way more talent to put out on the field than Goodin does at the moment. How many players have went to college that played for Derrick? How many has Goodin put through so far? Not that many. Also in all the sports combined the years Derrick was there that was by far the most athletic group of kids that has been through central in a long time. So not all of it falls on the Coach.