Failure of McMinn Central Football: Kids or Coach

SAGINAWFAN

You know guys,I reall don't care what you think of me. I call it like I see it,And some of you cannot handle that.I give praise when it is needed ,and I also talk about the bad stuff that I see.And the past 3yrs. there really hadn't been much to praise.

I've said before that your stance on the issue is irrelevant to me. I truly don't care which side of the fence you stand on anything. In a sense, I can see what you are saying about being real. But to manifest all the evil and negativity in a program into one head coach and beat the devil out of him publically... Well to get props for "Calling it like you see it" you actually have to own your own words. Boldly. Publically.

Your opinions don't bother me near as much as you not owning them by name. If you would have just attached a name to most of your posts, I'd throw a lot of respect out for being proud of and defiant with your thoughts. Doesn't mean I'd agree with what you're saying, but that's not the point- this is the Land of the Free last time I check.

I've said before that your stance on the issue is irrelevant to me. I truly don't care which side of the fence you stand on anything. In a sense, I can see what you are saying about being real. But to manifest all the evil and negativity in a program into one head coach and beat the devil out of him publically... Well to get props for "Calling it like you see it" you actually have to own your own words. Boldly. Publically.

Your opinions don't bother me near as much as you not owning them by name. If you would have just attached a name to most of your posts, I'd throw a lot of respect out for being proud of and defiant with your thoughts. Doesn't mean I'd agree with what you're saying, but that's not the point- this is the Land of the Free last time I check.

Thank You paingame11 for those warm thoughts.And as for attaching a name with my post,I think I always do.It's BALLCOACH93,Why is everyone so concerned about who I am? Someone on here has to shine a light on things that others cover up by saying "oh were so young" or "we don't have the talent".Everyone has to admit that central did not lose much in the senior class last year,Most of these boys playing this year seen plenty of action last year.So,No central is not that young in most spots.As for talent,there are alot of guys that played last year not out there this year.WHY?,Plus there are alot of young men at the school that could play and don't.WHY? There are alot of questions out there that everyone dances around,But that's OK I will be the bad guy for now. LOVE,BALLCOACH93

Metting with school officials will get no one anywhere in this system especially this School.

I do not lay blame on the Coaches or Kids. Look back at the Admin! If the ole saying is true that chit runs down hill, then go back to the top. The AD and PRIN. Should they not be held accountable for their actions. How many total Coaches has Central gone thru over the past 7 years...Head, Asst. and Volunteer. It might reflect back to the admin not sure they are capable of making just decisions.

Hole everyone accountable for their actions/decisions.

The Coaches now know the game of football, maybe not granted with the neccessary tools, but with some hard work and determination some success can be achieved no matter how great or small.

I believe they have already scored more points than all of last season, so is this not a step in the right direction.

too much complexity at Central....all used to being the ol days and ways....new blood to revive the veins and push out those who have been there too long just sucking the marrow from the bones.

Just my opinoin and Im sticking to it.

I believe this is one of the reasons that Derrick left.

Edited by warhorse

I absolutely love all the comments on here....ajw, justwin,Canadian, old warhorse, blitzbuc....man...it is old home week! I would love the two communities to FINALLY come together in football. We have done it in all the other sports at Central...why is it so hard with football? Coach Derrick tried his best to get it done...almost happened too! Whenever that time comes, Central will be competitive in football like all the other sports.

Metting with school officials will get no one anywhere in this system especially this School.

I do not lay blame on the Coaches or Kids. Look back at the Admin! If the ole saying is true that chit runs down hill, then go back to the top. The AD and PRIN. Should they not be held accountable for their actions. How many total Coaches has Central gone thru over the past 7 years...Head, Asst. and Volunteer. It might reflect back to the admin not sure they are capable of making just decisions.

Hole everyone accountable for their actions/decisions.

The Coaches now know the game of football, maybe not granted with the neccessary tools, but with some hard work and determination some success can be achieved no matter how great or small.

I believe they have already scored more points than all of last season, so is this not a step in the right direction.

too much complexity at Central....all used to being the ol days and ways....new blood to revive the veins and push out those who have been there too long just sucking the marrow from the bones.

Just my opinoin and Im sticking to it.

As I've said before pummel you are a jealous fool. The principal has to fill teaching jobs first and then hire coaches secondary. His job depends on education. Since Doug has been AD, the school has sent more teams to the state tournaments than any other AA school in southeast Tennessee. So yeah it starts with the AD hahahaha. Go put ur speedo on and grapple moron

I absolutely love all the comments on here....ajw, justwin,Canadian, old warhorse, blitzbuc....man...it is old home week! I would love the two communities to FINALLY come together in football. We have done it in all the other sports at Central...why is it so hard with football? Coach Derrick tried his best to get it done...almost happened too! Whenever that time comes, Central will be competitive in football like all the other sports.

Derrick, and Wilkerson had this program headed in the right direction. From being a 0-10 team then go 6-4, 9-2, 9-2 for his first 3 years isnt too bad. But good ole' "Mcminn Central Politics" made them Both run out of town for better jobs. I dont blame them one bit. Look at all these Monday morning quarterback coaches on here bashing goodin, BEHIND AN ALIAS at that. I wanted to come back to Central and coach but after reading all this stuff on here it makes me want to stay away too! Even when Derrick was doing nothing but winning, there was still pages after pages of what he needs to do, and what he is doing wrong. I'm glad he got a killer job opportunity and took advantage of it, along with Wilkerson. IMO he should have got the head coaching job to begin with after Derrick left, but thats a whole different topic. He is coaching college football now. Until Central gets rid of the "good ole boy" politics they will continue to struggle until they find a proven coach that they will let run his system instead of changing coaches every couple years!

Edited by canadian

I understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think combining the two leagues is as easy in football. Actually they don't really combine fully in other sports. Each town still has their own rec league basketball and baseball programs. They do have the McMinn Fire for basketball and the Knights baseball but these are chosen teams. It would be great for the junior teams from both towns to combine but it is nearly impossible to do so. I believe the SETAC and the Sequoyah conferences both require that a program field 4 teams in order to participate in their conference. But let's say they change their rules, there is no such thing as AAU football where you can just throw a team together and play a schedule. All other junior high teams in our extended area from chattanooga to knoxville are actual junior high/middle school teams where they have paid coaches that are actual teachers just like it is in high school. To join their league, you have to be a part of the TMSAA (the TSSAA of middle schools) in order to compete. Yes it is best if the juniors could ever combine but unless our school system changes our k-8 schools, then it probably is not likely that it will ever happen.

Derrick, and Wilkerson had this program headed in the right direction. From being a 0-10 team then go 6-4, 9-2, 9-2 for his first 3 years isnt too bad. But good ole' "Mcminn Central Politics" made them Both run out of town for better jobs. I dont blame them one bit. Look at all these Monday morning quarterback coaches on here bashing goodin, BEHIND AN ALIAS at that. I wanted to come back to Central and coach but after reading all this stuff on here it makes me want to stay away too! Even when Derrick was doing nothing but winning, there was still pages after pages of what he needs to do, and what he is doing wrong. I'm glad he got a killer job opportunity and took advantage of it, along with Wilkerson. IMO he should have got the head coaching job to begin with after Derrick left, but thats a whole different topic. He is coaching college football now. Until Central gets rid of the "good ole boy" politics they will continue to struggle until they find a proven coach that they will let run his system instead of changing coaches every couple years!

I'm afraid that this same stuff goes on everywhere Canadian. Just come back home, central needs faculty coaches!

I understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think combining the two leagues is as easy in football. Actually they don't really combine fully in other sports. Each town still has their own rec league basketball and baseball programs. They do have the McMinn Fire for basketball and the Knights baseball but these are chosen teams. It would be great for the junior teams from both towns to combine but it is nearly impossible to do so. I believe the SETAC and the Sequoyah conferences both require that a program field 4 teams in order to participate in their conference. But let's say they change their rules, there is no such thing as AAU football where you can just throw a team together and play a schedule. All other junior high teams in our extended area from chattanooga to knoxville are actual junior high/middle school teams where they have paid coaches that are actual teachers just like it is in high school. To join their league, you have to be a part of the TMSAA (the TSSAA of middle schools) in order to compete. Yes it is best if the juniors could ever combine but unless our school system changes our k-8 schools, then it probably is not likely that it will ever happen.

I hear what you are saying...but it can happen...it has happened in other places. Ask Derrick Davis how important Rocky King and the Jr. program is to Polk Co...where they are taught the same system Polk runs. Ask Maryville and Alcoa how important their feeder programs are. Every Successful program out there has a great feeder program...Central girls basketball is a perfect example. There is enough tallent on campus to be

competitive, look at the size of both the Junior teams, where are they when they are Jr. and Sr. at Central? Having senior classes in football that are 5 to 8 members will kill a program. Coach D's good teams had 12 to 15 member Senior classes....Good food for thought!

As I've said before pummel you are a jealous fool. The principal has to fill teaching jobs first and then hire coaches secondary. His job depends on education. Since Doug has been AD, the school has sent more teams to the state tournaments than any other AA school in southeast Tennessee. So yeah it starts with the AD hahahaha. Go put ur speedo on and grapple moron

Smokinote you are so kind and so stupid at same time. Why would anyone be jealous in regards to anything pertaining to Central. Well look at how many teachers the Prin has lost that were Coaches. Maybe the observations should be conducted the same.

As for the AD it does not matter, he has not sent teams to State those individual coaches and Players earned their way there.

Are all sports-teams treated equally and with respect, wait no need to answer that the proof is evident for all to see.Still hard to grasp all those years of Central and only 4 state titles in ALL sports.

If a AD were in place that is not a Coach just an administrator maybe all kids-athletes would have an equal opportunity.

And lastly dont be a hater if your not an athlete and not capable of getting out and performing then dont bash athletics......