Failure of McMinn Central Football: Kids or Coach

SAGINAWFAN

you have to be careful throwing freshman kids out there playing against 18 year olds.Freshman need at least 1-2 more years to develope (most kids) physically.

I would like to ask about all the kids that are on the sideline that are not freshman and have good size. I know some of these kids are alot bigger than the starters but yet they never or rearly get any playing time. I see the extreme need for the passing game to improve yet the 6'2" 6'3' and 6'5' receivers and all on the sideline. To say, "well, they're not as talented as the 5'7" & 5"8" receivers" is a pretty poor excuss since they are not even used much in practice. I guess it could be blamed on the coaches for not coaching these guys up. It just doesn't make alot of sense to me. ALso, the comment about leadership is KEY. The QB is not one of the captains, that in itself is just wrong. That is the main purpose of your QB is to lead. You can teach a leader to throw a ball easier than you can teach a ball thrower to lead.

I would like to ask about all the kids that are on the sideline that are not freshman and have good size. I know some of these kids are alot bigger than the starters but yet they never or rearly get any playing time. I see the extreme need for the passing game to improve yet the 6'2" 6'3' and 6'5' receivers and all on the sideline. To say, "well, they're not as talented as the 5'7" & 5"8" receivers" is a pretty poor excuss since they are not even used much in practice. I guess it could be blamed on the coaches for not coaching these guys up. It just doesn't make alot of sense to me. ALso, the comment about leadership is KEY. The QB is not one of the captains, that in itself is just wrong. That is the main purpose of your QB is to lead. You can teach a leader to throw a ball easier than you can teach a ball thrower to lead.

:popcorneater:

I like how Ballcoach93, agrees with everything Bentley says and vice versa. One person, 2 screen names............... :roflol:

I really like how we are all supposed to agree with you? Im a seperate person from Ballcoach 93;I assure you of this,don't know anybody who has all day long to pretend to be 2 people,really? I have agreed with others and saw others opinion on here,sorry but I am my own person,not 2 In 1?! Hahahaha!!! What a joke,do u have another "fake" name on here,I thought we could discuss football and be entitled to our opinion? Why put me down for what I feel?

:popcorneater:

Really?? Who told you this? Who is the coach? This needs to be addressed if it is the case!

Yes really,and to me that's a bit of a problem,and there are plenty of things that need to be addressed on this team,and a couple of kids have mentioned it,(about the coach)as well as them being told there was not enough tickets bought for all the kids to be able to go to the Vols game?how is that possible I know this for a fact,this I don't know for a fact, just over heard it, some kids were paying for tickets to go to the Vols game and one child was going to buy a ticket and was told there were no more? Is this "being" a team?and as far as telling who the coach is ....Yea right, but I was under the impression the tickets had all been pd.for? Does anyone know? Bc if there was tickets bought for the whole team,some didn't have a ticket? Were did there tickets go? Does anyone on here know or have any answers?

Yes really,and to me that's a bit of a problem,and there are plenty of things that need to be addressed on this team,and a couple of kids have mentioned it,(about the coach)as well as them being told there was not enough tickets bought for all the kids to be able to go to the Vols game?how is that possible I know this for a fact,this I don't know for a fact, just over heard it, some kids were paying for tickets to go to the Vols game and one child was going to buy a ticket and was told there were no more? Is this "being" a team?and as far as telling who the coach is ....Yea right, but I was under the impression the tickets had all been pd.for? Does anyone know? Bc if there was tickets bought for the whole team,some didn't have a ticket? Were did there tickets go? Does anyone on here know or have any answers?

[/quote

I know that every player that wanted to go had a ticket. Ticket, Transportation and Meal after the game. I think you are making all this up to discredit the program. Going to a college game has been part of the program for several years. This year's trip to UT was a great experience for all the kids. How many other teams have booster clubs that sponsor this kind of event? It was not just for seniors but every player on the roster. If your a parent they would love to have you at the spirit wear booth, collecting parking fees or selling concessions at the JV game. Those folks worked their fannies off to make that all the players benefit. Both communities (Englewood and Etowah) do great things to provide support to all extra curricular activities at Central. I suggest that instead of throwing stones you come up to the field on Thursday evening and pick up a paint can and help strip the field.