blackman signal mtn game

daisyfairmount

I see alot of smack talk on the signal mtn side, just wandering if they can hang with Blackman. This is a lose/lose for Blaze.if you WIN you beat a 2a last year, 4a this year and only a three year old school.if you lose, well not good.Signal will not back down, i watched them play last year in cookeville before smyrna/maryville game.very talented team. Come on Blackman,show these teams what its like playing in 7AAA!

I see alot of smack talk on the signal mtn side, just wandering if they can hang with Blackman. This is a lose/lose for Blaze.if you WIN you beat a 2a last year, 4a this year and only a three year old school.if you lose, well not good.Signal will not back down, i watched them play last year in cookeville before smyrna/maryville game.very talented team. Come on Blackman,show these teams what its like playing in 7AAA!

Here we is!

With the overall record being a factor as to who is in the playoffs, I'd say this is a need to win game for both teams. Blackman will need to play it's best game of the year to win it. No one is looking past the mountian boys except maybe the players who were dancing on the sideline to the band, during the game last Friday night.

If some major/tough changes aren't made by the Blaze coaching in all three phases of the game, This could quickly become a longgggg season for the Blaze faithfull. :popcorneater:

Go BLAZE!

This could be one of those games for the Blaze. Signal Mt is tough. Although coming off of the tough loss will most definetly motivate the Blaze. Defense has to get better in a hurry. A loss here would be the biginning to the end for the Blaze. Will make my prediction later in the week. Right now i am leaning toward the Blaze.

Edited by milo118

no panic or flinching @ BHS over Siegel loss. been here done this last season after 3 weeks. the challenge is for the upper classman to take full ownership of the team and season, and be determined to not waste a single practice to improve. this is as good a staff as can be found and Shadowens will draw all out of this team that can be drawn. look for a convincing win Fri.

no panic or flinching @ BHS over Siegel loss. been here done this last season after 3 weeks. the challenge is for the upper classman to take full ownership of the team and season, and be determined to not waste a single practice to improve. this is as good a staff as can be found and Shadowens will draw all out of this team that can be drawn. look for a convincing win Fri.

I agree with ya, It's way too soon to panic. And the coaching staff is good. But your right, we can't waste a practice even with the rain.

Speaking of the rain, That canoe I found at Station Camp last year sure came in handy this weekend.

No flinching here, cause like they say.... WE IS BLACKMAN! :thumb:

You can keep looking but you won't find it this Friday. If you do win, I predict it will be in a shoot out. It won't be a dominant performance like you may think. Whoever has the ball last could win this one.

GO EAGLES!!

Blackman HAS to win this one or be in the position of outside looking in at playoff time. Of the rest of its games this year they only get harder with the exception of LaVergne. Being in 7AAA even LaVergne could surprise Blackman unless they get their one trick pony offense going in a diverse direction.

I agree this is a very important game especially for Blackman. If we lose, it will be tough for us to make the playoffs. Signal will make playoffs no matter what. The problem last week was defense. We always seem to have trouble stopping the wing T type teams which I believe Signal Mtn is. Our defense has to show up. Somebody has to step up defensively. Also, Strickland has to throw the ball like he did near the end of the Siegel game consistently for all 4 quarters and it will take a lot of pressure off of Mathers. We need Mathers to be 100% for this game. Hope he has gotten over his flu. For him to rush for over 200 yards with the flu is just amazing to me. The kid is a total BEAST. I would like to see Mathers on defense this week. It could help quite a bit.

WE ARE BLACKMAN!!!

The Blackman Coaching staff has so little faith in the QB that they figured that a sick I-train is better than a healthy Blackman Starting QB. I know that the Qb threw a great/really pretty TD pass in the 1st half. But that was about the only foward pass he tossed. It was not until deep in the 2nd half when the Blaze had thier back against the wall did the coaches call any true passes. Once again a sick #4 gives a better chance of winning than old Slow Moe. Face it not much of a chance old Slow Moe will run. Don't see the triple option in the playbook.

Blackman will roll big this week.

This could be one of those games for the Blaze. Signal Mt is tough. Although coming off of the tough loss will most definetly motivate the Blaze. Defense has to get better in a hurry. A loss here would be the biginning to the end for the Blaze. Will make my prediction later in the week. Right now i am leaning toward the Blaze.

Glad you are back from playing army man.

Although nobody cares what you think, keep posting.

It gives all of us something to laugh about on Friday Nights.

this is not panic time for sure...shad has been here with teams before and he knows what to do! but i think there is and should be concern of the defensive side of the ball...the loss of 10 starters on defense showed up big on friday night and not many of the guys stepping up to hit someone in the mouth...offensively we had 475 total yards...tyler played one of his best games...if he continues to do that...offensively we will be fine...but this could be a LONG AND BAD year if our defense does not move forward ALOT...