blackman signal mtn game

daisyfairmount

i was on the sidelines of SM tongith doing the chains...incredible coaching...great team intensity...these guys are the real deal and should win 4A hands down...so many of their players passed the eyeball test at a high level...i was really impressed at everything i saw...head coach is the real deal...great offensive scheme...wow!

Blackman's offense was rolling and that is putting it lightly...mathers has 319 yards...strickland did a nice job passing...o line opening holes...defense still needs alot work...but came to life in the 4th quarter...secondary looked lost for 3 quarters...if we can stop a few folks...we'll be fine!

but as good as the game was...6A is big boy ball and we probably aint the best team in our district!

Edited by pattonboysdad

Haven't read the whole thread yet, so will just repost what I wrote on the 3a/4a board.

Just got home, 2am. Took the scenic back roads. Didn't see hardly any cars and no semi's. Gave me and Hermit time to reflect on the game from a somewhat altered perspective. :roflolk:

First, let me say, prayers go out to the young man injured late in the game.

Second, crow ain't too bad if ya got enough hot sauce and cold beverage. drinks.gif

EatCrow-1.jpg

Blackman played a heck of a game. Believe this game will get their season back on track. Gotta say after yall's first three games, thought yall were over rated. The team really stepped up to Shad's challenge. I thought Mathers for the first time this year looked like the Mathers of last year, even sitting the end of the 2nd and the entire 4th. Don't know how many yards he wound up with, but it wuz a bunch. We couldn't even slow him down. Think the OL stepped up a lot too.

Thanks to the gracious Blackman posters for acknowledging that this game was much closer than the score. Yall were the better team tonight, and Mathers performed like a D1 SEC back should.:thumb:

Hats off to Reese Phillips, Signal's QB. When we were down a few scores in the 4th, we needed to pass and our OL was whipped. Blackman's sub's came in and played hard. Had their ears pinned back and were flat getting after Reese. Most people might not know that this is only his fourth game at QB. He's been a WR behind Whitmire for the first three years. He's a junior and is the real deal QB as evidenced by his performance in the first three quarters. In the 4th, he got rattled (IMO), was under pressure and tossed three absolutely terrible pick 6's. (21 points) Young QB mistake, and I am sure that this game will mature him tremendously.

For that matter, watching the film of this game will help all of my Eagles take it up to the next level. We're still on track to Cookeville and will be a more formidable opponent after this game.:ph34r:

Signal hasn't played anybody east hammy 1-2,Tyner 0-2,bledsoe 2-1(2 victories over to even worse teams).

The eagles might put more than 14 or 21 on the board,but Blackmon will double(maybe triple) anything,you guys put up.If Mathers has his usual 200+ night(and he will)eagles can't hang with him or his little brother.

Good luck to the eagles,Im pulling for ya,but Blackmon isn't EH,Tyner or Bledsoe.

:thumb: dead on!!!!

i was on the sidelines of SM tongith doing the chains...incredible coaching...great team intensity...these guys are the real deal and should win 4A hands down...so many of their players passed the eyeball test at a high level...i was really impressed at everything i saw...head coach is the real deal...great offensive scheme...wow!

Blackman's offense was rolling and that is putting it lightly...mathers has 319 yards...strickland did a nice job passing...o line opening holes...defense still needs alot work...but came to life in the 4th quarter...secondary looked lost for 3 quarters...if we can stop a few folks...we'll be fine!

but as good as the game was...6A is big boy ball and we probably aint the best team in our district!

Did any of yall's offense even make it on the field in the 4th with all those pick 6's?:roflol: It wuz mostly subs getting after our QB in the 4th wasn't it? Them boys wuz hungry and fresh. I think somebody want's a starting position. :thumb:

Well see If they win 4A hands down... Haha

Well the Blaze and the I-train were as advertised on here. Your depth and size took over late in the game and helped create a blowout. I have to say on the drive up to the Inferno I felt good about our chances. Then I arrived and found out our best D-lineman (in my opinion) was out. Anyone who follows SM knows our run defense has been suspect in the past and without #63 on the field it was taking a huge blow against the best rushing team we will face. The first drive for the Blaze set the tone and the I-train was on display the rest of the night. Not saying #63 would have made a difference in the outcome just saying the I-train might have needed a few more carries to get his 300 yards. :roflolk:

I believe this game will make us better in the long run. I’m sure our coaches will be all over the film today figuring out how to correct our weaknesses.

Hats off to the Blaze you guys have a great team.

Also hope #22 is doing okay today.

Well the Blaze and the I-train were as advertised on here. Your depth and size took over late in the game and helped create a blowout. I have to say on the drive up to the Inferno I felt good about our chances. Then I arrived and found out our best D-lineman (in my opinion) was out. Anyone who follows SM knows our run defense has been suspect in the past and without #63 on the field it was taking a huge blow against the best rushing team we will face. The first drive for the Blaze set the tone and the I-train was on display the rest of the night. Not saying #63 would have made a difference in the outcome just saying the I-train might have needed a few more carries to get his 300 yards. :roflolk:

I believe this game will make us better in the long run. I’m sure our coaches will be all over the film today figuring out how to correct our weaknesses.

Hats off to the Blaze you guys have a great team.

Also hope #22 is doing okay today.

The Eagles were also missing #54 who is one of our better O Line players and a pretty good Defensive player as well when needed. I'm not sure why but I heard for disciplinary reasons. Not trying to make excuses, Blackman had to many guns and we needed a few more. Having 63 and 54 would have been a big help for us. It was a great game though for a little over three quarters. After 22 got hurt, it seemed to take the wind out of our sails a little. When Blackman immediatly put a score on us after that, I knew it was over but I did not aticipate it getting so out of hand. I know the boys are not taking this loss lightly and it will start a fire in thier bellies that will be hard to put out. Thanks for that Blaze. Great game. Prayers to #22 for a full and speedy recovery.

GO EAGLES!! WIN STATE!!

The Eagles were also missing #54 who is one of our better O Line players and a pretty good Defensive player as well when needed. I'm not sure why but I heard for disciplinary reasons. Not trying to make excuses, Blackman had to many guns and we needed a few more. Having 63 and 54 would have been a big help for us. It was a great game though for a little over three quarters. After 22 got hurt, it seemed to take the wind out of our sails a little. When Blackman immediatly put a score on us after that, I knew it was over but I did not aticipate it getting so out of hand. I know the boys are not taking this loss lightly and it will start a fire in thier bellies that will be hard to put out. Thanks for that Blaze. Great game. Prayers to #22 for a full and speedy recovery.

GO EAGLES!! WIN STATE!!

"not trying to make excuses"? but you are...missing 2 players and losing a 3rd. That's your excuse for that reaming? Might be different had you not been on the receiving end of the mercy rule. Hey, I'm fairly sure if Greeneville had not been short 2 starters, they would have beaten MoWest...but they didn't. The good news is neither of us will be hurt by the losses.