Best RB in 3A?

TNTitans2525

How can a 15-16 year old 150-200 lbs. RUNNING BACK bench 425? That would bring about some serious questions if a coach or parent actually cared. A senior with 4 years of weight lifting yeah but a sophmore with 1 year of off season work outs, makes you wonder!

No need to wonder. And be very careful with the "actually cared" stuff. This kid is the real deal. He was benching 300 in 8th grade. There is another SC sophmore that is right there with him.Both benched 300 in the 8th grade. I know both these kids parents and I know every coach personally. Nothing fishy going on here. They are just freaks when it comes to strength and not just benching. Both both began maturing earlier than most kids Most of all both are super kids.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to wonder. And be very careful with the "actually cared" stuff. This kid is the real deal. He was benching 300 in 8th grade. There is another SC sophmore that is right there with him.Both benched 300 in the 8th grade. I know both these kids parents and I know every coach personally. Nothing fishy going on here. They are just freaks when it comes to strength and not just benching. Both both began maturing earlier than most kids Most of all both are super kids.

remember the ethridge boys from friendship in the late nineties, they were nationally ranked power lifters. thumb[1].gif

Rocky top I'm sure there are some freaks of nature out there . There are a lot of supplements out there that really help too , however its pretty unbelievable when even a senior that weighs 170 can bench over 400 . I'm not saying its impossible but when you see a bigger kid that you know for a fact that has worked their butt off too bench 100 pounds less it certainly makes you wonder . The questions and rumors have certainly stirred . Bottom line is the kid and parents know the truth and the kid will be the one that suffers from it in the long run . But the one thing thats for sure is if they are benching 400 they sure are stout regardless of how they got that way .

425 IS NFL LINEBACKER BENCH! The body can only take so much weight at an early age, your back and joints can not take that much weight without giving. Multiple reps of lower weight will benefit a kid more than seeing how much they can max out at. Yes I would question my kid there is many 30-40 year old athletes around that will tell you exactly what trying to max out will do to your body down the road. No way a kid that age should be benching that much, Tebow was a senior IN COLLEGE and I don't think he was lifting that much! RIDICULUS. I know a defensive linebacker/ linemen that played at Tennessee 18 years ago that was from Mcminn County, SHAZZON BRADLEY, he was one of the meanest strongest players to ever play in this area and he was maxing out at 350 when he graduated and he worked out all year every year and was a 2 or 3 time state wrestling champ in the heavy weight division not 150-200 lbs lifting that much. Do we know what we are doing to our kids these days health-wise, don't make them become MEN before there time.

Edited by ROCKYTOP3

I agree 100percent . Kinda like cheating on a test , it will come back to bite you later .

I know the kid as well...he's not the type of kid that would hurt himself like that. He's just a natural FREAK !!! When I first heard I didn't believe it but I've seen it now. No help at all just a kid with a great pedigree and who puts in a lot of work in the weight room.

Here is my vote. These are from his freshman and sophomore years he is just a Junior. Leading Elizabethton to 3-1. With the only loss to the second largest school in the state.

I am not downing this kid at all. He looks to have a very bright future, but some of the competition in that highlight video looks extremely sub-par and most of the "big" plays were because of poor tackling that was not because he was putting moves on kids. With that being said good luck to the kid.

The RB that has the most yardage and highest YPC at the end of the season. :bored:

I started to agree with you ...............but then a lot of other things come in to play such as the line in front of him or the teams the numbers are coming against .Yards and yards per carry are not always a true indicator, but then sometimes that's all you can go by.