Powell @ Anderson Co.

Space3

I can understand everyone's frustration. But Gillum has taken his last two teams to the quarterfinals. Hammontree has been successful at one of the premier schools in the state. Second guessing these guys. I don't know if I've got the smarts. Best thing is to support this bunch. Go Mavs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on who your daddy is!! Tyler Hicks is a MUCH BETTER qb!!

AGREE!!!! The coaches need to play the BEST! PERIOD!! I don't care what Daddy complains or threatens!! If you want to win, you have to play your best players in the best positions! Stop letting parents run the football program!!

o

That new Def Coordinator helped put Maryville Football back on the map again. Hammontree is one heck of a coach.

I am sorry I was his number one supporter from the get go but its hard for me to understand a coach of his caliber and history to be able to put his full heart into being a defense of coach when he won a State Championship as a head coach. He has got to be thinking this too! Lets say this is just my opinion but I guarantee you I would be just taking this job for back to bigger and better positions. Its just hard for any human to accept this position but for AC sack he really needs to get on board.

Opressed the whole sophomore class is trying but there is only so much they can do until its time or the coaches themselves chalk this up as a rebuilding year and start over. Maybe it wont get to that. I hope not. There are some very good senoirs on this team. Hopefully they'll get it going at the right time. We are 2-1 in the district and in control of our own play-off destiny. There's plenty of football left. I aint give up yet.

AC## Hey man young guys or not those boys have talent and your son is one of them. Thats all I am going to say.

o

I am sorry I was his number one supporter from the get go but its hard for me to understand a coach of his caliber and history to be able to put his full heart into being a defense of coach when he won a State Championship as a head coach. He has got to be thinking this too! Lets say this is just my opinion but I guarantee you I would be just taking this job for back to bigger and better positions. Its just hard for any human to accept this position but for AC sack he really needs to get on board.

Maybe its not coaching JP :/ just saying. Hammontree knows what he is doing...BUT he can't go out there and tackle the other team for them and give them the heart and desire. We always tend to blame coaching, when sometimes the team we love just dont have the horses. Plus, it is his first year, give him a break :) It takes kids more then a seasons worth to buy into a coaches philosophy. Just me.

Edited by SweetScience

I know I am new to the site and only posted 2x's (aside from a "lets play football" comment)regarding our defense. Not to say I told you so... but I was afraid that I saw this one coming. Powell is good, but I dont think their offense is that much better than CAK. Yep we lost pretty bad to CAK, but the boys were in the game until the 4th QTR rain delay. In that game I looked for the coaches to keep the boys heads in the game during the intermission.

This week I came away from the game thinking the coaches dont know what they have from a talent aspsect and what kind of offense we are going to run. I know they want to run a gun slinger offense, but we dont have the QB's to execute. I think there is some promise at WR but to one of the other comments on this post you have to get the ball within their general vicinity.

You are not going to win big games rotating 3 QB's per game (11,5,15). Figure out what you do best and go with it on BOTH sides of the ball... win or lose! I think it confuses the team and they give up when the see the coaches (right or wrong) just trying to make something happen.

I am not so sure about the offense so much as the defense. I think in short some of this game was a training session as the season is not over yet, however I really think the defense simply did not show up.

Maybe its not coaching JP :/ just saying. Hammontree knows what he is doing...BUT he can't go out there and tackle the other team for them and give them the heart and desire. We always tend to blame coaching, when sometimes the team we love just dont have the horses. Plus, it is his first year, give him a break :) It takes kids more then a seasons worth to buy into a coaches philosophy. Just me.

Hey sweet come on man thats not the directions I was going. LOL Have a good one.

No disrespect intended here but AC didnt have much defense last year, they just had an offense that kept them in the game. I dont think I would blame this years defense squarely on a new coach but I would expect him to make the changes needed to improve the defense. And while i am on a rant, since when is it so wrong for a player to go both ways? AC has alot of offense guys who need to play on defense. OK, now on to Halls.