27 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W at The Dungeon?

• White House-Heritage Patriots
    • Jo Byrns Red Devils

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that The Robertson County Times has JB losing Friday night. Should be an interesting game. JB does have a couple of losses but I don't think we are ready to toss the towel just yet.

I can't say I blame 'em when you consider how poor we've played the run and WHH's J-Walker is coming to town. But like you, I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I know I've been down on the team this year but I'm not gonna deny that there's still plenty of potential there. We still have 7 starters from a team that made it to the state championship last year. But lets face it, the 6 players we lost on defense were HUGE. Brandon Holt at safety was probably the best open field tackler JB has ever had. Johnny Smith & Malcolm Meadows consistently got pressure on the ends. Michael Yates was all over the field making tackles at LB. And Castleman & Corbin were sure tacklers.

Fast forward to this year and pretty much everything I said about the players we lost you could say the exact opposite for this year...no pressure and poor tackling! I'm not going to single players out but everyone on the defense needs to commit themselves to stopping the run. The way I see it, we're just as big (if not bigger) on defense and just as fast so it's got to be mental. Getcha mind right devils!

Edited by MOTO24

I can't say I blame 'em when you consider how poor we've played the run and WHH's J-Walker is coming to town. But like you, I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I know I've been down on the team this year but I'm not gonna deny that there's still plenty of potential there. We still have 7 starters from a team that made it to the state championship last year. But lets face it, the 6 players we lost on defense were HUGE. Brandon Holt at safety was probably the best open field tackler JB has ever had. Johnny Smith & Malcolm Meadows consistently got pressure on the ends. Michael Yates was all over the field making tackles at LB. And Castleman & Corbin were sure tacklers.

Fast forward to this year and pretty much everything I said about the players we lost you could say the exact opposite for this year...no pressure and poor tackling! I'm not going to single players out but everyone on the defense needs to commit themselves to stopping the run. The way I see it, we're just as big (if not bigger) on defense and just as fast so it's got to be mental. Getcha mind right devils!

I called you out last Friday, bro. I was wanting you to call in. Give me a call after this one Friday and talk some devil football. Number is 931-393-3100.

I called you out last Friday, bro. I was wanting you to call in. Give me a call after this one Friday and talk some devil football. Number is 931-393-3100.

I figured you did. I've listened in every week but last Friday I was pretty ticked off at the Devils and didn't want to go on the air and say anything bad about em. I dogged them enough on here. I'll give you call this week.:thumb:

Saw that The Robertson County Times has JB losing Friday night. Should be an interesting game. JB does have a couple of losses but I don't think we are ready to toss the towel just yet.

More over-reacting, have to say though, didnt expect it from the robco times sports guy, he is always tootin JBS horn.....

More over-reacting, have to say though, didnt expect it from the robco times sports guy, he is always tootin JBS horn.....

Kevin I may have over reacted, especially the "...next three years" comment but that's how I felt after the game. With that said, I thought the '08 red devils would struggle but they made it to the state championship tied at 14 going into the fourth quarter with TC. But you have to admit, giving up 1,000 yards rushing in 4 games is alarming. I understand we've played some really good teams but still...that's too much! Coach Adkins must think the same thing because I hear there may be some changes to the defense this week. I know offensively we'll be fine once we get 100% healthy a catch a pass or two.

Yes he is Kevin. I think he has stepped off the JB wagon. I remember at the the beginning of the season he said that the road to the state championship had to come thru Cedar Hill. I appreciated his confidence in the team but that road is going thru SP.

Kevin I may have over reacted, especially the "...next three years" comment but that's how I felt after the game. With that said, I thought the '08 red devils would struggle but they made it to the state championship tied at 14 going into the fourth quarter with TC. But you have to admit, giving up 1,000 yards rushing in 4 games is alarming. I understand we've played some really good teams but still...that's too much! Coach Adkins must think the same thing because I hear there may be some changes to the defense this week. I know offensively we'll be fine once we get 100% healthy a catch a pass or two.

I knew we were probably gonna lose 2 or 3 games in the regular season with this schedule. I just didn't think we would be so good at losing them. Our rushing D is a problem but I do think it can be fixed.

You think they would key walker the whole night though? If they dont then that is not good coaching. But once again i say it comes down to who is better WHH O line and Reid and JB O line and Adkins. I am not sure how good the line is but by stats Adkins looks very good.