Farragut at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

What a douchbag. You obviously still don't understand what I meant. It's called taking a jab at a Farragut fan. And you're nuts if you think West and Maryville's defense aren't atleast comparable (not offense). Shouldn't a Maryville fan have some class? Surely you're not as rude as the Alcoa fans. I would love to meet you at next years West Maryville game so I could see how miserable you are in person. Oh wait nevermind you're perfect because you're a Maryville fan that's right. Dick. :thumb:

lol.... upset after a loss I see ....

Here's what you said

" West will be the best defense Farragut plays all year....period."

pretty cut and dry that you're saying West has a better Defense than Maryville .... why would you be surprised that someone from Maryville would call you out on that ? All you had to say was West will be one of the best .... but no you had to say " THE BEST ". Show Maryville the respect that they earned on the field and I'll be the classiest guy you've ever seen . Sorry for your loss tonight .

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous post rom a Farragut fan was "If the OL plays like it did against Oak Ridge & Catholic they win.........period." Couldn't pick up on that? And if I think West has a better defense than Maryville than you can get over it. Honestly I don't know if they do or not as the only time I will get to see Maryville this year was the Alcoa game. I always show Maryville the respect they deserve. There's no questioning that; they ended my season two years in a row. I also hate Maryville more than Bearden, and you're making it that much easier for me.

The previous post rom a Farragut fan was "If the OL plays like it did against Oak Ridge & Catholic they win.........period." Couldn't pick up on that? And if I think West has a better defense than Maryville than you can get over it. Honestly I don't know if they do or not as the only time I will get to see Maryville this year was the Alcoa game. I always show Maryville the respect they deserve. There's no questioning that; they ended my season two years in a row. I also hate Maryville more than Bearden, and you're making it that much easier for me.

Well OK , Hate away all you want .Believe me ..... as a Maryville fan , we're used to people hating us .

Solid victory from the Ads tonight but they still have a lot to work on if they plan on giving Maryville a run this year. Farragut's play calling was awful...A.W.F.U.L. Receivers were running open all over the West secondary in the first half but Rule was shaky early, overthrowing a few routes. Admiral ball carriers repeatedly ground it out between the tackles for 3 and 4 yard gains even though West had no outside contain. I'll give it to the coaches on the onside kick to open the second half but they ran the ball 3 strait times to the same gap for 1 yard and a 3-and-out. The whole second half was ground and pound for the Admirals after that. Farragut's win is attributed to 4 things:

1- Jonathan King's 51 yard FG to end the 1st half (would have been good from 58)

2- Jacob Johnson's gritty effort (30 carries, 154 yards)

3- A bone headed call by the West staff to go for it on 4th and short in Admiral territory rather than kicking a FG that would have tied the game at 17 (I bet that star kicker felt good about that)

4- Farraguts defense stopping West twice with interceptions in the 4th quarter.

I would encourage Farragut's staff to look at the film and realize the potential of all the athelets that they have on the field. Don't be afraid to take some chances. heck you may actually win by a comfortable margin, and at the very least Johnson and the D will carry you.

All 14 of West's points came off back-to-back turnovers committed by Farragut deep in their own territory. It was reminiscent of the second half against DB.

However, I don’t blame King for the pick 6. The coaches should never have put him in that position (i.e., coming off the sideline cold and winging dangerous passes while backed up in your own territory). Furthermore, if Rule was benched for a series solely based on the bobbled snap turnover on the previous possession, I have to question that decision as well. Maybe there was some other reason(s). At any rate, King could have been eased into the game more effectively in my opinion. The subsequent pick 6 could have cost Farragut the game.

This team must get a grip on penalties and turnovers. A little help from the coaches wouldn’t hurt either.

Edited by Former44

The Farragut staff had planned all week to get Jonathan some snaps at QB.

If it was a “scripted†substitution, I must confess I understand the decision even less. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I think any reasonable person would conclude that it was a questionable coaching decision, especially given the circumstances at that particular point in the game.

If Farragut was up by 7 or more points at the 40 yard line, I could maybe see that as a more suitable situation to get Jonathan some snaps by design. I also think it would have put him in a better position to succeed and build confidence.

However, all things considered:

1. Down 7-0 in a critical region game

2. Deep in your own territory

3. A West defense jacked-up after a getting turnover on the previous possession and subsequent score

Replacing the starting QB with a backup who hasn’t taken any meaningful snaps in a game this season makes absolutely no sense to me.

Could there possibly have been a worse time for a designed rotation? I don’t get it. At any rate, I am just glad the KIDS were able to overcome it. They gave much too strong an effort to have such a decision cost them the game.

Edited by Former44

What a douchbag. You obviously still don't understand what I meant. It's called taking a jab at a Farragut fan. And you're nuts if you think West and Maryville's defense aren't atleast comparable (not offense). Shouldn't a Maryville fan have some class? Surely you're not as rude as the Alcoa fans. I would love to meet you at next years West Maryville game so I could see how miserable you are in person. Oh wait nevermind you're perfect because you're a Maryville fan that's right. Dick. :thumb:

Shouldn't that be "douche bag"? Maybe those Rebels don't have the best defense to beat West this year but the fans can spell. (oops pep I gave my secret away, I root for Maryville, lol).