Gleason @ McKenzie

rebelsnook

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was the best Gleason/McKenzie matchup I've seen since around 1985. I believe the Bulldogs beat us then and honestly probably should have tonight. Our playmakers stepped up in the second half and saved the day though.

I called my daughter and told her the Gleason guys played a great game (even though my grandsons were holding down their sideline). And as has been noted probably deserved the win. Rebels definitely took a step backward for the overall season tonight. We showed promise out of the power I and getting outside the tackles also. Possibly we need a new playbook to use from the beginning of the game? We owe this win to a few playmakers of ours in the end. I do know it's a team sport but we had far too many hiccups tonight.

Gleason pretty much runs all their plays to their own sideline. We seem to have missed that tip. They been doing it all season.

Shut up Duck!! OK!

The Rebels dodged a BIG bullet tonignt. Next Friday we face argueably the best team we will face all season. I DO keep in mind that this is a very young and inexperienced Rebal squad. Gleason played with heart tonight. Only a few Rebels played with heart(ya'll know who you are!) And I'm NOT DISSING my Rebels, just pointing out that nobody is going to give us anything. We have to earn it!!!!!

I cannot close this without giving the Gleason fans kudos for supporting your team. From our side it looked like every one in Gleason was there and possibly brought in a few ringers!! Best visiting crowd I've seen in Rebel Stadium in a LONG time support wise and good numbers too. It's a shame anyone had to lose this game.

Edited by duckman38201

Congrats to the Bulldogs tonight on a very hard fought game. No shame in that game tonight from Tatertown. You have some very good young talent over there and the future is looking bright. Like the others have said, we got out of there by the skin of our teeth. I too commend the Gleason fans on their performance as well. You should be very proud of the kids because they are very good. We got lucky but IMO the Bulldogs got the moral victory tonight in M-town. Good luck the rest of the year and I sure hope you make some noise come playoffs.. :thumb:

The Rebels showed some signs of improvement the second half and fought to get the victory. The defense held again and pulled out this win for us. There is not a bigger Rebel supporter than me and I always will no matter what the score may show. I get a little disgrunted at times but like most of us on here, I think we have gotten a little spoiled the past few years. This year is different in many ways and each game is a new beginning. We will get better with time and experience then come playoffs we will make some noise. Always keep those heads up and build on what took place each week. We have some tough ones ahead of us and win or lose I WILL BE THERE.

In closing, that was one HECK of a pass by Luke to Rob T. One of the best I have seen on the high school level by anyone. That one play alone was worth the price of addmission. Just a flat out kick arse play :thumb:

Congrats to the Bulldogs tonight on a very hard fought game. No shame in that game tonight from Tatertown. You have some very good young talent over there and the future is looking bright. Like the others have said, we got out of there by the skin of our teeth. I too commend the Gleason fans on their performance as well. You should be very proud of the kids because they are very good. We got lucky but IMO the Bulldogs got the moral victory tonight in M-town. Good luck the rest of the year and I sure hope you make some noise come playoffs.. :thumb:

The Rebels showed some signs of improvement the second half and fought to get the victory. The defense held again and pulled out this win for us. There is not a bigger Rebel supporter than me and I always will no matter what the score may show. I get a little disgrunted at times but like most of us on here, I think we have gotten a little spoiled the past few years. This year is different in many ways and each game is a new beginning. We will get better with time and experience then come playoffs we will make some noise. Always keep those heads up and build on what took place each week. We have some tough ones ahead of us and win or lose I WILL BE THERE.

In closing, that was one HECK of a pass by Luke to Rob T. One of the best I have seen on the high school level by anyone. That one play alone was worth the price of addmission. Just a flat out kick arse play :thumb:

Well, I was pretty amped by RobT's first TD catch on the slamt at the one and bulled in for 6. But no doubt the bomb to him in the second half was priceless. Luke laid it out perfect and Bobby walked it in. Once I saw he had it I knew it was 6.

The play of the night?? Colin's pick 6 at the end!! He got some great blocking and stepped it on to the house for the W. Tha' boy is a playmaker along with RobT. Actually, Colin has pretty decent speed......just never had a chance to see it before toninght.

Well i usually just get on here and see what everyone else is saying but now i have to chime in my two cents worth.First of all rebelsfan6 there are more than 3 seniors on the field that were starters last year,you failed to mention #58 who has been there for the last 2 years as a starter but he plays on the o-line so i guess that don't matter since the only time they are mentioned on here is when someone wants to bash them for not blocking.How about bashing the ones that don't follow the blockers? it happened all nite,blockers one way,running backs another.Then there are the the show boaters who make two good plays and make hand gestures and get burnt the rest of the nite,don't get me wrong i love these kids all of them and tell them so,but i also tell them when they mess up.I know we are probably going to loose two or three more games maybe more and i will be there cheering them on and i hope everyone else will be also,so lets go support these young men and help guide them down the right path win or loose.GO REBELS

Good posts and congrats on the win Rebels. I didnt expect it to be that close, but i didnt expect Milan to play South Gibson close through 3 quarters, either. It's a different season for sure! Reading through this thread, i take my hat off (again!) to you guys from McK for the class you show to your opponents, win or lose. Best of luck through the remainder of the season...and where the heck is Butchie???

Well i usually just get on here and see what everyone else is saying but now i have to chime in my two cents worth.First of all rebelsfan6 there are more than 3 seniors on the field that were starters last year,you failed to mention #58 who has been there for the last 2 years as a starter but he plays on the o-line so i guess that don't matter since the only time they are mentioned on here is when someone wants to bash them for not blocking.How about bashing the ones that don't follow the blockers? it happened all nite,blockers one way,running backs another.Then there are the the show boaters who make two good plays and make hand gestures and get burnt the rest of the nite,don't get me wrong i love these kids all of them and tell them so,but i also tell them when they mess up.I know we are probably going to loose two or three more games maybe more and i will be there cheering them on and i hope everyone else will be also,so lets go support these young men and help guide them down the right path win or loose.GO REBELS

We can all find things that need to be done better at every position. No need to be picking out the line....the backs.....the DBS....it's a team effort. I was more disappointed with our fans. A few times in key situations it was like a funeral in the stands. Even when the guys were on the field trying to get people up, most sat still.

I challenge the mckenzie maniacs to spread out across the stands and stand up in front of everyone. Get off your arse and show the guys you are behind them. I