POWELL OFFENSE

Jeopardyperil

POWELL AT ANDERSON COUNTY   

10 members have voted

1. 1. TOTAL TDS THAT MOBLEY WILL GET ARE?

2. 2. MAVS DEFENSE BETTER THEN PLAYOFF GAME?

3. 3. CAN THE MAVS PULL ANOTHER UPSET?

When he breaks the first tackler on the edge he is gone. You're not going to shut him down, you will have match them score for score to beat them in a shootout, last team with the ball wins type of game.

I'm not sure that I would say "unstoppable" based on our (Oak Ridge) D.

He is very good though for sure, why would UT take Young but not go after this guy full force?

Edited by bladerunner

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might do it for a little while. We played him pretty well all except for three plays. Problem is those three plays went for 220 yds and 3 TD's. If he breaks the initial wave of tacklers he's gone bye bye. I left the OR Powell game thinking that if he would have needed to score another touch down to win than he would have. He is really powerful and fast. If you can hold him to 2 td's you have a shot. We couldn't do it, but then again Farragut hung 400 yds rushing on us on our own field. Oh well, good luck

You might do it for a little while. We played him pretty well all except for three plays. Problem is those three plays went for 220 yds and 3 TD's. If he breaks the initial wave of tacklers he's gone bye bye. I left the OR Powell game thinking that if he would have needed to score another touch down to win than he would have. He is really powerful and fast. If you can hold him to 2 td's you have a shot. We couldn't do it, but then again Farragut hung 400 yds rushing on us on our own field. Oh well, good luck

I agree compltetly. Wildcats did well for a long time, but your not going to stop this kid all night. He was actually making a cut before he had the ball.... he's the real deal.

Good post and I agree with you. Sandwiched in between those long runs was really good defense played by OR. Good enough that Mobley seemed visibly frustrated at times. But as you pointed out when he gets squared to the line of scrimmage he is gone. You see the numbers from that game and you think OR played poor defense but I think anyone who watched that game knows that was not really the case. Mobley is that good. Wish Zullinger had not gone down, it would have made it even more interesting.