BLACKMAN vs. OAKLAND

GREENMULE

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the greenwave scored 29 vs. oakland...Blackman will score 40!

problem is...Blackman's Defense may give up 41 :flower:

should be another good one just like last year!

score prediction later in the week!

They scored 31!!

Oakland was a very solid ball club. They will be tough to beat. Not too mention that they will be very hungry having lost to Gallatin.

The one site from out west has it Blackman 38, Oakland 21. I think I'll take that 17 points.

Blackman has lost to Siegel, falling to 0-2 in the district would put them in a tough situation. Oakland has a non-league loss which means the district games are even more important.

I'm thinking Oakland wins it 21-14 on the strength of ther defense.

I'd love to be able to see this one...

Will the district get five in the playoffs this year....

The one site from out west has it Blackman 38, Oakland 21. I think I'll take that 17 points.

Blackman has lost to Siegel, falling to 0-2 in the district would put them in a tough situation. Oakland has a non-league loss which means the district games are even more important.

I'm thinking Oakland wins it 21-14 on the strength of ther defense.

I'd love to be able to see this one...

I say Oakland 14 Blackman 10

Five would be deserving and all five could win a game in the playoffs. Problem will come when my two favorite schools to get mad about go 7-3 or better and they play 1 6A team. Messed up system. But I will say even in the old one 5 would not make it as only 4 from each region went. So we just need to win!

Oakland travels across town to play the Blaze. Let's do some comparisons.

Let's first compare offenses. Sorry, but they are not as close as they would seem at first glance. While the Blaze claims to have a strong running attack, I would point out the Patriots are actually averaging more yards per game (they are over 300 yards per game). The Patriots are led by Andre Chesterfield's 100+ yards per game. However, he gets breaks and the next group of Travon Willis, Trey Swader, Fred Wade, and Emmanuel Smith ALL average over 50 yards a game each (that is over 200 yards a game for the second group). Blackman gives the ball generally to one really good running back, Mathers. So, the choice is easy, do you pick a team with potentially one really good running back who could get knocked out of a game with a big hit, or do you go with a team that has FIVE high quality running backs. The passing attacks are even. Oakland's offensive line is another advantage as they average about 260 pounds. I have to pick the team with the Biggest Uglies. Advantage - Oakland.

It is the defense when an even more significant advantage can be found. Oakland plays Coach White Defense -- hit them in the mouth, and when they get up, hit them in the mouth again. Bodies are going to be flying all over the field making tackles. Luckily for Oakland it seems that the last two Patton boys have finally graduated. Blackman has only one one returning starter on defense. Oakland's defense has made stops, Blackman simply seems to let the other team score to put their offense back on the field. Blackman sure could not stop Siegel's offense very well. Advantage - Oakland.

Special teams - no contest. Multiple Oakland players can take the ball on a punt or kickoff to the endzone. Both teams have rookie kickers. Advantage - Oakland.

Intangibles - Both coaches have taken teams to the state championship (but the Blackman coach was not at Blackman). Oakland has a history of winning (Three State Football Championships). The Blaze have a history of feasting on teams that Never Were and not doing as well in the big games. While Blackman may be looking for revenge over the past few years, Oakland is still fuming over last week's loss. Another Advantage - Oakland.

Prediction for the Game: Pain for BlackLusterLand, joy on a bus ride back across town to Oakland. 28-10.