BLACKMAN vs. OAKLAND

GREENMULE

Running Attack - Oakland has more yards per game. I do not understand why this is an advantage to Blackman. I could understand how you could claim this is close to even. I acknowledged that Mathers is a pretty good back. May not be first in the state as you claim, but he is easily in top 5 (Kimbro is clearly faster and has more yards this year). I would still put Oaklands 2, 3, 4 and 5 backs, each with over 50 yards per game EACH, over Blackman's non first team. My point was Blackman with Mathers is good on offense, without him, that may be a different story and you are an injury away. Not clearly in Blackman's favor as you contend.

Passing Attack - These stats are pretty close. Oakland has Edwin Locklayer and Bradford Hughes. Seems pretty even to me, how do the stats show they are that much better. Neither passes much.

Defense - I guess you agree that Oakland has an advantage.

Special Teams - Oakland has had multiple touchdowns on special teams. How many does Blackman have? Has Mathers run any back this year? You graduated a pretty good kicker last year. Both are somewhat unproven.

Intangibles - While you say I was wrong, your argument gave another reason to pick Oakland - revenge for Oakland. Strength of schedule seems pretty even. Oakland beat Arlington, an otherwise undefeated team that knocked off #12 White Station, and lost to undefeated Gallatin. Blackman lost to Siegel and beat Independence who was tied for #12. Their other wins were against non 6A teams, while Oakland's other two wins were also not that impressive based upon the teams they were playing. Sure seems pretty even to me. Head coaches both have a state championship ring from District 7.

As for predictions, can I use your "mis-predictions" against you? Blackman has not gone undefeated

I am ready for a good dog fight. May the true "alpha dog" win.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running Attack - Oakland has more yards per game. I do not understand why this is an advantage to Blackman. I could understand how you could claim this is close to even. I acknowledged that Mathers is a pretty good back. May not be first in the state as you claim, but he is easily in top 5 (Kimbro is clearly faster and has more yards this year). I would still put Oaklands 2, 3, 4 and 5 backs, each with over 50 yards per game EACH, over Blackman's non first team. My point was Blackman with Mathers is good on offense, without him, that may be a different story and you are an injury away. Not clearly in Blackman's favor as you contend.

Passing Attack - These stats are pretty close. Oakland has Edwin Locklayer and Bradford Hughes. Seems pretty even to me, how do the stats show they are that much better. Neither passes much.

Special Teams - Oakland has had multiple touchdowns on special teams. How many does Blackman have? Has Mathers run any back this year? You graduated a pretty good kicker last year. Both are somewhat unproven.

Intangibles - While you say I was wrong, your argument gave another reason to pick Oakland - revenge for Oakland. Strength of schedule seems pretty even. Oakland beat Arlington, an otherwise undefeated team that knocked off #12 White Station, and lost to undefeated Gallatin. Blackman lost to Siegel and beat Independence who was tied for #12. Their other wins were against non 6A teams, while Oakland's other two wins were also not that impressive based upon the teams they were playing. Sure seems pretty even to me. Head coaches both have a state championship ring from District 7.

As for predictions, can I use your "mis-predictions" against you? Blackman has not gone undefeated

i know you are great at giving your arguments in a court of law...i'd certainly hire you (hope i don't need you :flower: and would certainly recommend you and have)

but...when it comes to football...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruff...ruff...ruff...!

i just hope the "blackluster smoldering ashes" can keep up with the big "O"

Edited by pattonboysdad

Can't compare Kimbrow to Mathers, Kimbrow doesn't play in the toughest division in the state.

Rushing attack - Both teams have great ground games.

Passing - Advantage Blackman - 2nd year starter at qb for blackman, 1st year for oakland.

Defense - Advantage Oakland - Blackman has had problems lately.

Special Teams - Even.

Intangibles - slightly Oakland. Revenge from last year. Both teams need wins badly.

Strength of Schedule - Blackman.

Blackman wins in a nail biter.

This game was not as close as the score would indicate. Oakland showed a lot of heart in the 4th quarter. I was surprised when I got in the car and heard that Oakland had actually outgained Blackman. Oakland has way too many athletes for them to be as 1 dimensional as they are. I'tavius Mathers is the REAL deal I saw where 1 of the oakland players mentioned on twitter today comparing their backfield to Mathers and basically said Oakland was better but after looking at the stats in the paper their 4 leading rushers had only collectively outgained him by about 130 yards. The kid is the best back in the state period

ADVANTAGE BLACKMAN ON EVERTHING BUT THE ONSIDE KICKS!

Blackman's offense is rolling...I train with a productive passing attack equals...very hard to stop!

Blackman's defense is growing up...!

and the "shadorade" is starting to take affect :thumb:

Shad has a way to get the best out of his guys...and they just keep getting better and better every week! it may be time to run the table!

as for oakland...probably to young this year and their defense is NO where close to last year...also if you can't manhandle people up front...the vanilla I formation offense is not going to work in this league...riverdale and the stars will both beat oakland if something does not change and maybe the bulldogs too! but the next two years...oakland will be tough to handle...i was impressed with #4...only a sophomore...he is special!