South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

I checked the 3A/4A forum...there's not even a thread for the South Pittsburg/Signal Mountain game. Kudos to Troll and Smealie for at least having the balls to join us on our thread. I guess the bulk of those Sissy Mountain people are too snooty to lower themselves to converse with us rednecks.

I read on the 3a/4a boards, in a previous week, that Smeagle actually misses us "small ball" posters :wub:

As for Troll...he ain't afraid to venture anywhere. :twisted:

Edited by SEVEN

I checked the 3A/4A forum...there's not even a thread for the South Pittsburg/Signal Mountain game. Kudos to Troll and Smealie for at least having the balls to join us on our thread. I guess the bulk of those Sissy Mountain people are too snooty to lower themselves to converse with us rednecks.

I think it's just the opposite. The big league posters ain't nearly as much fun as this group. After all of the back n forth with SPitt and Crickbank last year, the 3/4 threads are BORING. A lot of Signal posters have fallen asleep or fallen out.

Edited by smeagleproud

They are a top 10 team in 6A. Their runningback is commited to Ole Miss, and avearges 200 yards a game. They lost to another top 10 team in 6A. Those guys putting 72 points on Signal shouldnt give you any reasons to think we are going to do the same, or even close to the same. Signal putting 35 points up on them with 3 interceptions says a lot about how good Signal's offense really is. They are going to dismantle our secondary to say the least.

I realize that sometimes your reading comprehension isn't well developed. Just to clarify, I in no way said we would put anywhere close to that on S.M. I am just implying that the Pirates should be able to score on Signal. The biggest issue is to not have a bunch of unforced mistakes and missed P.A.T. conversions.However, Name the last time the pirates got more than 47 points hung on them. I can save you the effort in the past 11 years. Last year Polk County, in 2006 Gordonsville and in 2001 by Cloudland. The Cloudland was the worst route of a Pirate team in modern times. I repeat, Blackman may be in the top 10 in 6a but they haven't done anything, yet. Maybe in Dec they will be the 6a state champs. I don't see Signal playing us like Polk County did last year. In fact, I expect it to be a very similar game to last years Signal-SP game but hope its like the 2009 game. :roflol:

Edited by rlh

I think we play better D than u are giving credit for...I'm sure the coaches will scheme up something to slow them and make them do some things they would rather not....Atleast I hope so...They will hit some plays on us passing for sure...Can we hit the QB and make him throw under pressure and force him into some mistakes is going to make or break us and likely make the outcome....I really wish we had Chubb Allen and Johnson do defend as I would feel much more confident in defending their two WR Clones

This is pretty much my assessment.

I realize that sometimes your reading comprehension isn't well developed. Just to clarify, I in no way said we would put anywhere close to that on S.M. I am just implying that the Pirates should be able to score on Signal. The biggest issue is to not have a bunch of unforced mistakes and missed P.A.T. conversions.However, Name the last time the pirates got more than 47 points hung on them. I can save you the effort in the past 11 years. Last year Polk County, in 2006 Gordonsville and in 2001 by Cloudland. The Cloudland was the worst route of a Pirate team in modern times. I repeat, Blackman may be in the top 10 in 6a but they haven't done anything, yet. Maybe in Dec they will be the 6a state champs. I don't see Signal playing us like Polk County did last year. In fact, I expect it to be a very similar game to last years Signal-SP game but hope its like the 2009 game. :roflol:

Did you mean 40? Polk County 2010 or Gordonsville 2006 didn't hang more than 47 on us. It was 42-7 and 41-7. I can't remember the Cloudland score.

Did you mean 40? Polk County 2010 or Gordonsville 2006 didn't hang more than 47 on us. It was 42-7 and 41-7. I can't remember the Cloudland score.

That wasn't the question. The question was when did someone hang more than that on S.P. Yes, 40 would have been a better question. Frankly, the ones I mentioned are the games where a good Pirate team got its butt whipped. Here is a complete list for the past 10 years.

Polk 42-7 2010

Gordonsville 41-7- 2006

Temple 53-20- 2006

Sequatchie Countie 49-26 2004

Boyd Buch. 49-0 2004

Boyd Buch 44-12 2002

Cloudland 44-6 2001

Edited by rlh

We get it, you want to be a moderator...obviously Coach T isn't desperate enough yet. Keep bucking, if he lowers the standards you might make it, you goon! :thumb:

rDDjz.gif

Not hardly...I dont care much for those law dogs...Believe it or not I've toned it down a good bit since my time in the hole...Ain't going back or jumping the fence

What is all this dislike for TT99. I've not seen anything on here that would cause the two of you to say this stuff. He expresses his opinion which a lot I disagree with but he seems to know football.

Save your venom for Troll and smealie.

Pirates pull this one out because the Vest boys are very over confident and our guys like to put on a show when

visiting other stadiums.

Cause I'm cocky and arrogant and usually right....Hence the dislike ...Then of course cause I rub crow in their face before they eat it...:roflol:

Edited by TrainTracks99