Huntingdon vs. Camden

wardaddy1829

you guys on both sides of this discussion don't get it! it makes no difference who we have played in the past and all these ridiculous comparisons to who we've played 50 years ago or this year make no sense. it's who you play friday night and how well you play against them.plain and simple!

I totally agree!! I can't wait till tomorrow night Take it to em Mustangs hit them in the mouth every snap..Let's show all the haters who we are...

Edited by Mustangdad
  • Upvote 1

If Camden played the same schedule as Riverside, Trenton, UC, Camden would have a losing record, too.These teams are not afraid to schedule tough opponents unlike some teams east of Huntingdon. Regardless, Huntingdon is 5-0. Mustangs will be 6-0 after tomorrow nite!!

Are you smoking crack? Have you seen Camden's schedules the past three years? The only team they have lost to is MILAN (in the playoffs)and Creekwood(9-1 for district title) and Westview this year(which was a fluke). If they played 9 more times, Camden would win all 9. Made it to the Quarterfinals the past 3 seasons. Have had a combined record of 34-5 Beat Huntingdon every time....beat McKenzie team that went undefeated after Camden spanked them until their loss in the playoffs all three years. Beat Westview all but one time (4-1) Has a combined record of 17-1 in their district games. Played David Lipscomb this year at DL and won. Camden is ranked in the top 10 every year and over the past ten years holds the 8th best record for that time period in 3A and two of those teams went 5-5. Spanked Riverside for as long as I can remember. Camden schedules teams that will play them. Not everyone wants a L on their record early in the season. This is the first year Huntingdon is playing up to their potential. That's great. I want to see a good team this Friday. But for you to say Camden would have a losing record against the teams that these teams have played is crazy. Camden hasnt' lost to a lower division team in about 5 years. Huntingdon was the last team to do it back when Chris Donald was a Junior. His senior year, Camden hit him so hard he didn't want to come back into the game. He shyed away from contact and dropped passes on purpose so he wouldn't get killed by Chase Horton. If that rediculous statement is the only thing you can add to this thread, you should go on over to the Scotts Hill thread and impart your knowledge. You seriously need to get your head examined!!!

Are you smoking crack? Have you seen Camden's schedules the past three years? The only team they have lost to is MILAN (in the playoffs)and Creekwood(9-1 for district title) and Westview this year(which was a fluke). If they played 9 more times, Camden would win all 9. Made it to the Quarterfinals the past 3 seasons. Have had a combined record of 34-5 Beat Huntingdon every time....beat McKenzie team that went undefeated after Camden spanked them until their loss in the playoffs all three years. Beat Westview all but one time (4-1) Has a combined record of 17-1 in their district games. Played David Lipscomb this year at DL and won. Camden is ranked in the top 10 every year and over the past ten years holds the 8th best record for that time period in 3A and two of those teams went 5-5. Spanked Riverside for as long as I can remember. Camden schedules teams that will play them. Not everyone wants a L on their record early in the season. This is the first year Huntingdon is playing up to their potential. That's great. I want to see a good team this Friday. But for you to say Camden would have a losing record against the teams that these teams have played is crazy. Camden hasnt' lost to a lower division team in about 5 years. Huntingdon was the last team to do it back when Chris Donald was a Junior. His senior year, Camden hit him so hard he didn't want to come back into the game. He shyed away from contact and dropped passes on purpose so he wouldn't get killed by Chase Horton. If that rediculous statement is the only thing you can add to this thread, you should go on over to the Scotts Hill thread and impart your knowledge. You seriously need to get your head examined!!!

Do the quarterfinals give out Gold and Silver balls? Huntingdon is top 10 in wins alltime in the state.

Very anxious to see this game Friday night. Been told a couple players from Huntingdon have a little speed. Camden won't take their speed for granted like others have. Camden has a lot of speed themselves. they might over persue once or twice but will stop that if they get burned. It won't happen twice. I believe Camden will controle the OL. If they do, Huntingdon, you are in for a long night. Hope Huntingdon has a good pass defense because Camden has a good pass offense. Heard Huntingdon has a good Junior kicker. Camden has a great Junior kicker, punter and field goal kicker. I do wish we could see a few of the long ones in the game that he kicks in practice. As far as Camden getting punched in the mouth, I gurantee they will give as good as they get. Looking for a great injury free game. Good luck Huntingdon, just not a lot of good luck.

GO LIONS

read my prior post.it's what happens friday night!

I just love public forums. It always brings out some of the most intelligent people about any subject. :roflol:

As a Huntingdon fan, I would settle for a one point win right now. I will agree with the comments from the Camden folks. We honestly don't know what Huntingdon is going to do against a quality opponent. I think I have a pretty good idea, but won't know until later tonight.

Huntingdon is MUCH improved from the last few years and that is simply a matter of having better athletes on the field. Almost every program goes through a stretch like that. Huntingdon went through the same thing in the early 90's.

History is great, but it is just that history. Last year's or even last week's results do not determine anything other than what happened then.

both teams did good I was cheering for Huntingdon but I thought the people saying we were going to run all over Camden were wrong, Camdens going far this season, and I believe if they play like they did tonight Milan is the only team that might stop them from going to state & dont be surprised if Milan upsets them. Good luck to you rest of the season Coach Will Blow and crew, great first year with them students. Go Huntingdon

Good hard fought game tonight. Both teams played hard and I didn't see one dirty play from either team. I take my hat off to the Mustangs. They outplayed the Lions tonight but could have really cost themselves with all the fumbles. I believe I would spend all week working on ball security. You can't fumble that many times and make it deep in the playoffs. The officiating was horrible as usual. Lots of false starts that were never called. Huntingdon kicker did it so bad on an XP try that he almost fell down and still was not called. Two pass interference calls against the Mustangs where the ball was clearly uncatchable, and the fumble down inside the 20 in the second quarter was probably the worst call I have ever seen in my 25 years of watching football (other than the play last year where Calvin Johnson caught a TD pass, got tackled, got up and put ball on the ground and was called incomplete against the Bears for not maintaing possesion through the catch) 3rd down and 9 and Warbritton was tackled for a one yard gain and in the process, fumbled. He was laying on the ground, recovered the fumble, had a Camden tackler knock the ball out of his hands after he had clearly regained possession of the ball on the ground(with ref looking right at it), and another Huntingdon player picks up the ball (While Camden players are standing around looking at the tackled player thinking the play was over) and run for 9 yards for the first down. Total BS. Should have been 4th and 8 on the Camden 18. Huntingdon then runs three plays and scores to go up 14-7. If Camden holds on 4th or Huntingdon has a missed FG instead of giving up the TD, this could be a totally different game. Camden had plenty of chances to get a better foothold of the game but couldn't get the 3rd down stop on third and long. Huntingdon has a blue coller playbook and is effective at this level. Probably need to open the offense up a little to have a chance to beat Milan this year. Milan won't stay in a 7 man front if Huntingdon is having success running 9-man left and 9-man right. They will put 9 in the box and make you beat them in the air. Don't think the Huntingdon team is a "come from behind" built offense. The onside kick return was a dagger. I thought kicking it deep and giving my defense one more chance to try to stop them with 4 minutes and three timeouts was the better call in that situation. Never the less, it was a good game. I wasn't suprised by the outcome at all. I thought the players showed class in their actions all game. I like Huntingdon's chances in 1-A and hope they bring a gold ball to West Tennessee like Union City did two years ago. Good luck to the Mustangs and Lions the rest of the year.