Humboldt vs Mckenzie

JungleJim125

The best game the Rebels have played all year. Going into half time, Humboldt had 177 yards on offense. At the end of the game they ended with 211. McKenzie also had 211 yards of total offense. As far as the interception at the end, as Luke was going to uncork one down the field, he was hit and the ball flew up in the air like a punt. The other thing I think helped us tonight was getting Milsaps and Eaton back on the field. And offensive line, heck of a job blocking up front. Here is what you take away from this if you are McKenzie. This was the true measuring stick game for us. We knew what Humboldt had and what they were about, SPEED. We stood the test and just came up a little short. The biggest thing is we got better by playing a great football team. This game will put some people on notice. The Rebels are getting better each week and when playoff time comes around, we hope to be peaking. Hopefully, we will see the Vikings again.

This one put some people on notice tonight.

Great job Rebels. You matured some tonight. Continue to build each week. Stay focused on what you have to do. Big one coming up this week. Don't overlook anyone!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Great Defensive game"! McKenzie made the adjustments on defense & Humboldt kept doing the same thing on offensive! If, it wasn't for the defense Humboldt would have lost. I have said it many times before that the coaches don't utilize their speed. Some games we can just overpower a team by running, I don't have a problem with that but we you play a good tram & they make adjustments, you should on offense. Humboldt is to one dimensional on offense & it will hurt them down the road! With all the speed they have, they should be spreading the field & utilizing their speed. I would love to see them run the spread offense if just to keep defense honest. Speed don't matter if your not utilizing the right offense, the defense has been stellar this year only giving up about 13 points a game. Coaches must learn to make adjustments on offense or Humboldt will continue to struggle as teams stack the box to stop run. (just saying)

"Great Defensive game"! McKenzie made the adjustments on defense & Humboldt kept doing the same thing on offensive! If, it wasn't for the defense Humboldt would have lost. I have said it many times before that the coaches don't utilize their speed. Some games we can just overpower a team by running, I don't have a problem with that but we you play a good tram & they make adjustments, you should on offense. Humboldt is to one dimensional on offense & it will hurt them down the road! With all the speed they have, they should be spreading the field & utilizing their speed. I would love to see them run the spread offense if just to keep defense honest. Speed don't matter if your not utilizing the right offense, the defense has been stellar this year only giving up about 13 points a game. Coaches must learn to make adjustments on offense or Humboldt will continue to struggle as teams stack the box to stop run. (just saying)

Good thing "Offense sells tickets and defense wins games"

Personally I don't think Humboldt brought their "A" game more like a "C" game - guess we'll have to find that out later.

We still have items to perfect.

Will say - that long pass that hung in the air about 15mins that ended up with a Mckenzie TD, shouldn't have ever happened -,lil blown coverage there, but still scored six.

We have more I've seen it - think we are still in the running to take it out of West Tn.

Don't breath too much into that game - Don't make many assumptions. The young fellas are hungry to improve and will.

Edited by VikeTheKing

Really proud to hear the Rebels played well most of the night. I chose to go to Gleason to my twin grandson's game and they got spanked by South Fulton and the boys didn't even get to play. I was getting regular updates on our game from a Gleason fan and was starting to kick my own butt for being at the wrong game it seems. The grandsons were glad to see me there though so...........

Funny but the Gleason crowd was on fire all night last Friday against us. Tonight the only 4 people up and yelling were myself, my daughter (TN Rec) and two other women (all sitting together sort of. Three of that 4 were/are still or originally from McKenzie!! Shame on the Bulldog "fans" tonight!!! One of the Gleason cheerleaders told my daughter and her mother it was really hard on them to try to spark some life in the crowd when they just sit there like they were at a visitation at a funeral home!!! Their Bulldog mascot didn't even come into the stands and try to spark some life.

I went to great lenghts to plan my wardrbe tonight. Wore an orange Vols hoodie and my black "starV" Vanderbilt cap thus covering the orange and black. They also covered the irony of my situation in all of this. I grew up watching Vandy play and they are and always be special to me (and my son now). Tennessee of course owns a huge piece of my heart too. But that one game a year when they meet, I got to go Black and Gold. I'm for Gleason every game they play except for one. The answer to which one should be obvious. I've said for several years this day was gonna come and it was gonna suck and IT DOES!!!!

I just thank God they don't play for Huntingdon.

Good for you Duck I know your Grandsons are happy to see you in the stands

Final Play....3 Seconds Left....Rebels Did Great For 3 Quarters....Congrats Humboldt...Hail Mary Intercepted.....Game over 20 to 13

Great job hats off to the Rebels! Comer the coach that he is had the Rebels ready to play and well prepared! Big win for Humboldt! Good luck rebels the rest of the year! I said before Butchie we may not c eye to eye all the time. I respect the Rebels and their coaching staff! Both teams have some big District games coming up! Good luck once more! :thumb:

Edited by zebra99

Personally I don't think Humboldt brought their "A" game more like a "C" game - guess we'll have to find that out later.

We still have items to perfect.

Will say - that long pass that hung in the air about 15mins that ended up with a Mckenzie TD, shouldn't have ever happened -,lil blown coverage there, but still scored six.

We have more I've seen it - think we are still in the running to take it out of West Tn.

Don't breath too much into that game - Don't make many assumptions. The young fellas are hungry to improve and will.

Don't take this the wrong way because I know the Vikings have a great team, but C game. I'm going to disagree with you because I have seen them play before last night and they seemed the same to me. A lot of what you thought was sub par, the Rebels made it look that way. A couple of busted plays in the first by the Rebels that allowed the long runs and it would have been different as well,although you are not going to admit that I assume. IMO and I think a lot of others on here will admit, if we had thrown a little more, you'd been in serious trouble last night. You have a hard time defending the pass and I'm not basing it on that one long pass you claim shouldn't have happened. We dropped several wide open passes because of the lack of coverage. The flats and middle were WIDE open all night but was not utilized by the Rebels. In the games I have seen Humb, that has happened often. Your secondary is the weak point, admit it or not. A good passing offense is going to hurt them somewhere along the way, mark it down. Plus your offense is to one dimentional, running sweeps and pitches right and left is just not going to cut it against a good defensive and well coached team as you saw. There is no balance attack with your O. To predictable and as the season wears closer to the playoffs, teams such a McKenzie is going to make it difficult on you, wait and see.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from last night because the Vikings won. No excuses on my behalf, we lost. Congrats and hopefully we will see you down the road again. In my book, we are even from last year as well.... :thumb:

u r correct Humboldt must spread out more and throw some short passess to loses up the defenses they face. I sure Bland will work on this the rest of the season!

Stay on your boards chump. I see it takes the stangs to finally be winning again before you joined the T. Congrats, makes you look like a true Stangs follower.

Last time I checked this was a public forum CHUMP.

It was a Mckenzie fan that brought up Huntingdon on this board if you didn't notice.

I may have not been on CoachT for long, but I have been a Huntingdon fan for some time. So I take it you believe if someone did not join CoachT years ago they are not allowed on here?

I just noticed you have only been on since '08. Why weren't you one during all the years Huntingdon was beating Mckenzie. Guess you just waited until ya'll started having a little success.

Edited by stangfan978