MBA vs Pearl-Cohn

howdoitknow

This quote is obviously from someone who knows nothing about the core of the team and the killer instinct it takes to win in this league. This team is suffering from a scandal hangover, consistent mistakes on both sides of the ball, awful secondary play and no killer mentality. I hope you enjoy sitting in the stands with inappropriate203(who wants to go 1 and 9 with new staff rather than 13-0 with old staff) and enjoy these kids getting their brains beat out. Losing, Madam,breeds losers, and is no way to play in this game or in life. You would be of great help if you stayed at home on Friday night.

Apparently she stayed home last week. The stands were half full for an undefeated BGA team coming to town. It was difficult to believe that everyone would begin staying home this early in this disappointing season. I am afraid the crowds will get even thinner. But let's give Coach U a few more seasons to turn things around. The young men really like his style of coaching. I would like to add that he left the field very quickly last week, without even tipping his hat to any of his former players he had coached for years. He needs to not let his lack of class permeate other areas of the school.

Apparently she stayed home last week. The stands were half full for an undefeated BGA team coming to town. It was difficult to believe that everyone would begin staying home this early in this disappointing season. I am afraid the crowds will get even thinner. But let's give Coach U a few more seasons to turn things around. The young men really like his style of coaching. I would like to add that he left the field very quickly last week, without even tipping his hat to any of his former players he had coached for years. He needs to not let his lack of class permeate other areas of the school.

I saw coach EU go out on the field and shake hands with some of the players. Where were you at? As for MBA talent level, it is not as good as the teams we have played. BGA is a very good team. Look at the records of the teams we have played this year. With the exception of the first team we played, their combined record is something like 19-1, and that is because Trinity beat BA.

MBA talent level has for the most part been down compared to Ensworth and BA for years and will always be down compared to those schools. MBA wins by being physical and playing smart disciplined football. Do not see that style and things do not look good for our future right now. The first game of the year was a joke that team looked like a freshman only team.Again this team is not coached very well and not very talented and that is why we will be 5-5 or 4-6 this year...Last years team was also not very talented but had a few players that could put the team on its back like Reigle and Franks on Offense and Defense and set the tone for the squad..

I saw coach EU go out on the field and shake hands with some of the players. Where were you at? As for MBA talent level, it is not as good as the teams we have played. BGA is a very good team. Look at the records of the teams we have played this year. With the exception of the first team we played, their combined record is something like 19-1, and that is because Trinity beat BA.

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic, I am afraid it is not going to get any easier this week despite the fact that Pearl Cohn has two loses. They are an extremely physical team and will pound the ball continuously on the ground. The Big Red secondary better be ready to make several touchdown saving tackels because they will get past the D-Line and LB's on multiple occasions. One of their runners is a slasher and one is just plain nasty to bring down. They play smash mouth football, and if you are worried about MBA not being physical then this is a team you WON'T enjoy playing right now because they will leave no doubt that they are playing football, especially #16. If this is the week they figure out how not to shoot themselves in the foot with unecessary penalties it could be another long night in the stands watching for the Big Red faithful.

BGA lacks depth but certainly not talent. Other than having a huge, powerful offensive line, where did MBA have more talent? Wide receiver, running back, defensive back, linebacker? I believe BGA was more talented at these positions.

You can add Tight End and Kicker to this list as well.

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic, I am afraid it is not going to get any easier this week despite the fact that Pearl Cohn has two loses. They are an extremely physical team and will pound the ball continuously on the ground. The Big Red secondary better be ready to make several touchdown saving tackels because they will get past the D-Line and LB's on multiple occasions. One of their runners is a slasher and one is just plain nasty to bring down. They play smash mouth football, and if you are worried about MBA not being physical then this is a team you WON'T enjoy playing right now because they will leave no doubt that they are playing football, especially #16. If this is the week they figure out how not to shoot themselves in the foot with unecessary penalties it could be another long night in the stands watching for the Big Red faithful.

If PC takes a lot of penalties, this could be another long night period. The umpire might want to bring an extra pair of shoes, and they should get a younger crew of officials to make sure there aren't any shoulder injuries.

I think there is a lot of truth to that. However, I've seen HS teams with inferior athletes be very successful (see MBA teams in '95, '96).

I know they have had quite a few injuries, but this MBA does not appear well-coached. They do look soft and unsure of themselves. Too many missed tackles and too many penalties. They just don't seem that disciplined. I don't see a killer instinct either. Not a lot of emotion or leadership.

When was the last time MBA was 1-4? Coach Eu better get it turned around quickly or he may be headed elsewhere. I find it hard to believe that they would be 1-4 if the old staff were in place.