Morristown East at Morristown West

motownanddown

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Morristown East
    • Morristown West

Well both schools are off this week so it gives an extra week to talk about it. East is off to a 2-3 start after playing a brutal out of conference schedule, while West is 5-0 after playing a pretty tough out of conference schedule themselves. The important stat is both are 2-0 in conference play and the winner will keep their hopes at an IMAC title alive. Burke-Toney will be packed next Thursday and it should be an exciting matchup.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well both schools are off this week so it gives an extra week to talk about it. East is off to a 2-3 start after playing a brutal out of conference schedule, while West is 5-0 after playing a pretty tough out of conference schedule themselves. The important stat is both are 2-0 in conference play and the winner will keep their hopes at an IMAC title alive. Burke-Toney will be packed next Thursday and it should be an exciting matchup.

I Hope my Canes can stay with Morristown West. We have been just terrible on defense all year, We have

had trouble tackling all year. We will have no chance of winning against Morristown West, if we do not

tackle. Ricker & Samual need to plays some defense next week. We need to move #18 to 1 corner & Samual

to the other. Have #22 & #4 be our Free safety. This new line-up should help with run support & make

us more Physical. We need Samual & #18 to play pressman coverage. We got to be physical with Morristown

West or they will just eat us alive.

Morristown East offense must be able to score some points on West Defense. It will be hard for East to

score more than 21 points on West. So the only way East can win is getting a few turnover, Defense must

finally stop someone,Offense must rushes for over 200 yards & keeps Morristown West offense off the

field.You never know with young people, East could have a game like AE vs Alcoa. GO CANES!

I Hope my Canes can stay with Morristown West. We have been just terrible on defense all year, We have

had trouble tackling all year. We will have no chance of winning against Morristown West, if we do not

tackle. Ricker & Samual need to plays some defense next week. We need to move #18 to 1 corner & Samual

to the other. Have #22 & #4 be our Free safety. This new line-up should help with run support & make

us more Physical. We need Samual & #18 to play pressman coverage. We got to be physical with Morristown

West or they will just eat us alive.

Morristown East offense must be able to score some points on West Defense. It will be hard for East to

score more than 21 points on West. So the only way East can win is getting a few turnover, Defense must

finally stop someone,Offense must rushes for over 200 yards & keeps Morristown West offense off the

field.You never know with young people, East could have a game like AE vs Alcoa. GO CANES!

Who are the two teams East has beaten?

And a Thursday night game, also true? Twist! Could be a factor.

The only way I see this being a factor is experience, West has played on Rivalry Thursday the past 2 years while this is East first time, I don't see it being a huge factor as it is still football when the first whistle blows. But West definitely does have more experience overall, All 4 starting linebackers and all 4 starting DB's got playing time as Sophomores (except for #6 who IS a sophomore) and West has 4 different running backs that have multiple 100-yard rushing games in their career.

No one ever talks about the social aspects of this game and its history- West was built in the late sixties, yes? In the middle of the public housing projects, given U of Alabama colors, U of Alabama fight song (ostensibly because the first principal, what's his name, liked Alabama, but I haven't confirmed that), forced to travel to the football field on East's campus to play home games; meanwhile, East has U of Tenn colors (or used to), and at the time, was located in a largely white part of town? Point is, does anyone else get kind of a mildly racist vibe here, at least on the surface? I don't know the details, I'm just speculating.

To comment on the results- West's diversity has served it well; East seems to give off an insular, inbred kind of feeling. Nothing too bad, just a little...narrow minded.

No one ever talks about the social aspects of this game and its history- West was built in the late sixties, yes? In the middle of the public housing projects, given U of Alabama colors, U of Alabama fight song (ostensibly because the first principal, what's his name, liked Alabama, but I haven't confirmed that), forced to travel to the football field on East's campus to play home games; meanwhile, East has U of Tenn colors (or used to), and at the time, was located in a largely white part of town? Point is, does anyone else get kind of a mildly racist vibe here, at least on the surface? I don't know the details, I'm just speculating.

To comment on the results- West's diversity has served it well; East seems to give off an insular, inbred kind of feeling. Nothing too bad, just a little...narrow minded.

I don't think thats the way it is anymore, both schools have the same level of diversity IMO,as for the difference on the field I really think it is coaching. Both schools have the talent to be contenders but East never seems to pan out. Hatcher has had 2 pretty good teams (06 and 08) but other than those 2 years his teams have been mediocre at best. He's 1-5 against West and 3-5 in the playoffs(all 3 wins in 06 and 08). This is just my point of view from the West side of town, and I only see East play once or twice a year so I can't really tell the full story.

I don't think thats the way it is anymore, both schools have the same level of diversity IMO,as for the difference on the field I really think it is coaching. Both schools have the talent to be contenders but East never seems to pan out. Hatcher has had 2 pretty good teams (06 and 08) but other than those 2 years his teams have been mediocre at best. He's 1-5 against West and 3-5 in the playoffs(all 3 wins in 06 and 08). This is just my point of view from the West side of town, and I only see East play once or twice a year so I can't really tell the full story.

As an Eastfan, I would say it's more to do with offseason workout. Morristown West does a better job

of getting their players ready for the up-coming season. When you see Morristown West come on the field,

they look a college team. Across the board, Morristown West offensive & Defensive line look bigger &

stronger than East just about every year. Look at Morristown West Linebackers, everyone of them is cut-up

with muscles. Whatever East's is doing in the weigthroom is not showing up in the players on the field.

I think this is the reason Morristown East has trouble tackling.I want my canes to win, but we are

so out man at alot of position. Maybe West will have the big head & over look my canes? GO CANES BEAT

WEST!