Morristown East at Morristown West

motownanddown

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Morristown East
    • Morristown West

Personal fouls and holding calls are 2 completely different animals, its ok to let a holding call away from the play go, but a personal foul anywhere on the field has to be called, especially in a heated rivalry game. And to say the hit on Ricker was 7 yards out of bounds is ludicrous, the initial hit was in bounds but Ricker, being the battering ram he is, stayed up and forced himself out of bounds and the momentum knocked him down. East fans should really worry about the much improved Cocke Co. team they play tonight instead of dwelling on the West game.

whyisthat

I didnt see the holds that you are talking about on the right DE. If those happened, as you say, they would have affected the play and should have been called. Honestly, I went back and watched the video online and still didnt see these. Not to say these didnt happen. I just didnt see them. Noone is going to get every holding call you see from the stands anyway.

I did see several replays of the hit on Ricker along the sideline. You're wrong on that one my friend. There was no foul there. The momentum carried them out and the West player did not slam the qb or anything at the end. Ricker, the battering ram, hopped up and returned to the field ready to go, as he obviously didnt having a problem with the tackle either. Good no call there.

I also saw the offsides on East that got em a 10 yard penalty. Ricker just jumped the gun a bit, trying to time the snap and make a play. It happens. and it was right in front of the side ref. Easy obvious call.

Who exactly told the East sideline that holding would not be called unless it affected the play? Where did you obtain this information? Even if this is the unspoken rule, the ref over there shouldnt be saying that to the coaches.

I agree in principle to one of your points about if you havent called it in the first part of the game, it shouldnt be called in the last two minutes. 1. The exceptions are plays that DO affect the play. Example - Dont call a hold on a WR on teh right side for a sweep play to the left. 2. All penalties that are safety issues like both the personal fouls have to be called regardless of when they happen. East just chose to save them both until the last two minutes. If you go watch the film again, there was a bit of chicken fighting stuff throughout the game, but nothing major or one sided. Good nocalls I thought.

I also agree that the last personal foul away from the ball did affect the game. I wish it had not been cthrown because it certainly hurt East there. But why on earth would a db be doing that way out there to start with. It must have been bad enough a safety thing in the ref's mind to deserve the 15 yarder.

Hey, I had no intention of criticizing anyone here. That was a great game. Both teams played well and honestly it was a well called game by the refs. I think we all can say we've seen much worse. Good luck to both M'town teams this week and in the playoffs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pudding,

Didn't think you were being negative toward anyone, I was actually referring to the comment by Mr.T about the calls. And I really do not think that had I been refereeing, the hit on Ricker would have drawn a flag from me....unless I was the same man who had just thorwn the one this guy threw a minute or so earlier when the other team had the ball. That was what I was trying to say about the hit...it was not dirty or anyting. But he put him on the ground far enough out of bounds to draw a flaw if the man has just thrown one like he threw earlier. The tackle on Ricker was certainly harder that any contact between the wide receiver and defensive back that drew this man's flag way away from the ball. Actually, I am a fan of both Morristown teams and seen both play several times this season and I don't know if East could have stopped West from scoring even without the penalty being called. But it would have been interesting to see. The Trojans did what they had to do to win and that's what good teams do. Wasn't trying to take anything away from West and get Motownanddown upset like I did. Just expressing an opinion that's not worth any more than anyone elses.