William Blount @ Heritage

tpoole12

Not sure what to say about this one. Heritage is coming off a tough loss to Maryville. WB is coming off a win at Catholic. I'm sure this one means a little more to each team due to proximity. If I had to pick a favorite I'd say WB. They look good at times but they must stop the turnovers and quit giving up the big plays. I haven't seen Heritage play this year. Like the description says.... Lets talk about it....

tpoole12

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not real sure what there is to talk about? Heritage has played 5 good qrts of football, other than that they look terrible. They played some good football against a pretty good Hardin Valley team, and played a good firsthalf at SD, but not sure what has happened since then. Seems like everytime they get something going penelties or turnovers pop up. They have some good kids over there that play hard every down but then they also have the ones that think they are playing hard but really are not. Until they can get everybody playing hard or weed out the ones that wont play hard then they will continue to lose. This is not a one win team by no means like the record shows. The mind set is lose first and if they win thats great. I love Heritage and pull for them no matter what but what I have seen this year is a bunch that cant get it together for a full game. If they cant get up for WB then they will not get up for anyone else this season and wil finish 1-9. I hope that is not the case.

Have to go with WB. Heritage's offense is terrible. While the O-line is big they don't get much push as their pad level is consistently too high, their technique is poor and they don't sustain their blocks. The QB is not a real threat to throw on a consistent basis so the offense is very one dimensional. Both the one back zone and spread option running schemes they use are very predictable. They caught HV off guard with the "wildcat" look but it's not an effective every down offense against teams that can game plan for it. Cline is a good RB but without a supporting cast he can only do so munch. The large number of negative yardage running plays is pretty indicative of how ineffective this offense is.

I saw WB against Jeff County and Hairtage against Murvil. I predict the longest game in history. I see a scoreless game with 45 turnovers going 22 overtimes with wb finally forfeiting due to injuries and running out of players. Those were two of the worst teams (in the 2 games I saw) imaginable at the 6A level. Maybe the defenses will score. Advice to their coaches: Don't throw it, a pick six may be the difference!

I saw WB against Jeff County and Hairtage against Murvil. I predict the longest game in history. I see a scoreless game with 45 turnovers going 22 overtimes with wb finally forfeiting due to injuries and running out of players. Those were two of the worst teams (in the 2 games I saw) imaginable at the 6A level. Maybe the defenses will score. Advice to their coaches: Don't throw it, a pick six may be the difference!

strongx pleese sho sum klass like tha rest ov us Mairvul fanz and quit talkin' bad abowt our nabors.... :rolleyes:

strongx pleese sho sum klass like tha rest ov us Mairvul fanz and quit talkin' bad abowt our nabors.... :rolleyes:

Sorry Stars. I don't really think it will go 23 overtimes. I did see the wb/central game. Wb looked good in that one. Too bad they cheated and had to forfeit. Maybe they will keep it going this week after their big win. I haven't seen hairtage play well yet, so it's hard not to talk bad after last friday night. Maybe they got more out of the game and can improve - they do have lots of room. If our mtn neighbors take offense to that, maybe we could talk about how good they would be if we hadn't stole their qb. That's always a popular topic!

Good luck to both teams. I hope everyone stays healthy and it is a good competitive game.

Can't fault strongx for calling it like he see's it.. Might have been a little harsh... but the truth is both programs have alot of work to do..

Hay starz.. Eye wheel bee at Hairtage friday.. Eye'm knott shure who'll win but Eye'll give ewe awl aye report win Eye git home.. Eye wood wish the Rebels luck but Eye'm knott sure they kneed inknee.. Eye'd rather be good than lucky..... :thumb:

teapoolwontoo

Edited by tpoole12

Maybe they got more out of the game and can improve - they do have lots of room. If our mtn neighbors take offense to that, maybe we could talk about how good they would be if we hadn't stole their qb. That's always a popular topic!

Yore rite strongx...And jist becaws we lett tham bar-ree our city kitty QB fer a cupple yeer in middull skool....Eye thought that wuz awful nice ov us....

Ennyway...if'un thay wuz enny bad blood orr coaches loosin' thair "cool"...eye did'unt notuss hit...Eye no thay wuz on good turms this summur aftur werkin' out tha 2 playurs fer 1 coach traid.... :popcorneater:

Can't fault strongx for calling it like he see's it.. Might have been a little harsh... but the truth is both programs have alot of work to do..

Hay starz.. Eye wheel bee at Hairtage friday.. Eye'm knott shure who'll win but Eye'll give ewe awl aye report win Eye git home.. Eye wood wish the Rebels luck but Eye'm knott sure they kneed inknee.. Eye'd rather be good than lucky..... :thumb:

teapoolwontoo

Tea Pool eye hope you'uns haiv a good saif gaim wif Hairatige....Haz yore #12's hit tha floor yet aftur tha big winn at Cathlick??..... :thumb:

Tea Pool eye hope you'uns haiv a good saif gaim wif Hairatige....Haz yore #12's hit tha floor yet aftur tha big winn at Cathlick??..... :thumb:

Starz.. Eye did knott git two go two the gaim.. Eye've ben wurkin two minny ours.. ben on the rode four the last to weaks.. Did git to here it on the radio.. Eye got home inn time to make it their but was sceared that mrs.tea pool wood kick me out if eye left again.. As ewe no, eye no longer have a dog inn the hunt butt eye still pull four the Guvs win eye can.. Knott even got two minnie little Rayders left.. Their are aye few at Murville, Hairtage, Alcouh and Willyam Blunt but eye don't here as minnie naims eye wreckognize innymore..

Hope ewe and mamastarz are well.. Mrs. Tea Pool haz ben on aye see food diet.. If she sea's it.. she eets it.. The only thing gitten thinner is meye wallet............ :hungry:

tea pool won too

I'm not sure if I want to make a prediction.. Looks like the game my be played with a wet ball.. WB has been subject to turnovers.. A few turnovers can swing the game.. That being said... If WB takes care of the ball they win but the Mountaineers will be up for this one.. I'm sure last weeks game will be a big motivator.. I hope both teams can play injury free.....

tpoole12