is INDY for real?

TXinTN

You are wrong. Last week an Indy poster said Centennial struggled against a weak Overton team and got beat by them. Overton faired much better than Indy did so I guess that makes Indy worse than a weak Overton team. I find it hard to believe that anyone from Indy would ever say another team is weak. How quickly we forget. All of these Indy fans are so happy.....enjoy it while you can. You have only played one good team this year. How did that one go for Indy? Everyone is saying how stingy the Indy defense is. They haven't played anyone with a real offense. I may eat crow on this one but Indy will lose to both Franklin and Siegel and probably even one more team they should not lose to and fall to 6-4 on the year. They may make the playoffs as a #3 seed or even a wild card but will quickly be sent home for the holidays.

Edited by workinprogress

You are wrong. Last week an Indy poster said Centennial struggled against a weak Overton team and got beat by them. Overton faired much better than Indy did so I guess that makes Indy worse than a weak Overton team. I find it hard to believe that anyone from Indy would ever say another team is weak. How quickly we forget. All of these Indy fans are so happy.....enjoy it while you can. You have only played one good team this year. How did that one go for Indy? Everyone is saying how stingy the Indy defense is. They haven't played anyone with a real offense. I may eat crow on this one but Indy will lose to both Franklin and Brentwood and probably even one more team they should not lose to and fall to 6-4 on the year. They may make the playoffs as a wild card but will quickly be sent home for the holidays.

indy already beat brentwood

Yes. They are for real. Great defense will keep them in every game. Great kicking game to help their defense back opponents up and also provide long range field goal possibilities. Average offense that I'm sure is improving as season goes on and confidence is being gained. The Indy/Franklin winner will win that district. It would not shock me if it was Indy.

You are wrong. Last week an Indy poster said Centennial struggled against a weak Overton team and got beat by them. Overton faired much better than Indy did so I guess that makes Indy worse than a weak Overton team. I find it hard to believe that anyone from Indy would ever say another team is weak. How quickly we forget. All of these Indy fans are so happy.....enjoy it while you can. You have only played one good team this year. How did that one go for Indy? Everyone is saying how stingy the Indy defense is. They haven't played anyone with a real offense. I may eat crow on this one but Indy will lose to both Franklin and Brentwood and probably even one more team they should not lose to and fall to 6-4 on the year. They may make the playoffs as a wild card but will quickly be sent home for the holidays.

Yeah workinprogress how bout you post about indy once you know what your talking about. Say what you want but the districts commin down to the thursday night showdown with franklin for the championship. Indy can very easily win that game. They have the talent and athletes this year to do it. Franklin hasnt looked to impressive at all this year. Yeah indy played there worse game of the year against chs but good teams find ways to win even when it dosnt go there way and thats exactly what they did. Kinda wonderin where all the dyson haters are out now that they have nothing to criticise him on this year now that he actually has talent to work with unlike last year.

Yeah workinprogress how bout you post about indy once you know what your talking about. Say what you want but the districts commin down to the thursday night showdown with franklin for the championship. Indy can very easily win that game. They have the talent and athletes this year to do it. Franklin hasnt looked to impressive at all this year. Yeah indy played there worse game of the year against chs but good teams find ways to win even when it dosnt go there way and thats exactly what they did. Kinda wonderin where all the dyson haters are out now that they have nothing to criticise him on this year now that he actually has talent to work with unlike last year.

I am sure I know just as much as you think you know. Talent and athletes will only get you so far. A team has to have all the ingredients to be a true contender. I just do not see that being the case at Indy. I am still not sold on Dyson. Lets see how Indy does against Franklin and the remaining schedule before we say Indy is for real. Indy still has Franklin for the district title and Siegel. Indy should beat CC, Hillsboro, and Ravenwood. I see it as Indy's record being 7-3 possibly still 6-4 if they slip up and let CC, HHS, or RW beat them. Indy goes into the playoffs as probably a #3 seed and may just get Brentwood again.

from what i see indy has the ath's and coaches to win there district. tell me if im wrong

I've given this a lot of thought and prognostication. I've decided that the answer to your question, Is Indy for Real? is :

no............

No offense - o.k. defense - so so coaching - enjoy the winning streak. I know you guys are concerned about that juggernaut of Tennessee football: Coffee County.

I've given this a lot of thought and prognostication. I've decided that the answer to your question, Is Indy for Real? is :

no............

No offense - o.k. defense - so so coaching - enjoy the winning streak. I know you guys are concerned about that juggernaut of Tennessee football: Coffee County.

[/quote/]

Independence definitely has the better athletes but if you sleep on Coffee County it could hurt you. You still have to play the game there are no automatic wins, especially in high school football. Coffee County WILL show up to play. Independence better too or the question this thread asks will be answered.

You are wrong. Last week an Indy poster said Centennial struggled against a weak Overton team and got beat by them. Overton faired much better than Indy did so I guess that makes Indy worse than a weak Overton team. I find it hard to believe that anyone from Indy would ever say another team is weak. How quickly we forget. All of these Indy fans are so happy.....enjoy it while you can. You have only played one good team this year. How did that one go for Indy? Everyone is saying how stingy the Indy defense is. They haven't played anyone with a real offense. I may eat crow on this one but Indy will lose to both Franklin and Siegel and probably even one more team they should not lose to and fall to 6-4 on the year. They may make the playoffs as a #3 seed or even a wild card but will quickly be sent home for the holidays.

I watched the film from CHS vs Overton and saw the Indy vs Centennial game. Centennial has improved greatly now does that mean Indy is for real no the Indy offense gave away too many turnovers and thus caused their offense to score easily. The only thing Centennial has is athletes for their wr's and cb's which kept them in the game. If Indy can get the qb's and wr's connected during the rest of the season then they can very well go to round 3 I think. Defense wins championships but a interception giveaway offense ruins a defense.

Independence definitely has the better athletes but if you sleep on Coffee County it could hurt you. You still have to play the game there are no automatic wins, especially in high school football. Coffee County WILL show up to play. Independence better too or the question this thread asks will be answered.

Coffee County could hurt indy??? :roflol: They might show up but there best game they play prob. couldnt even beat the indy jv squad. Indy has a lot bigger things to be worrying about then Coffee County this wk.