Ensworth - 2 1st place votes?

coachrus

I vote in the AP poll (don't worry, I didn't vote Ensworth first). The problem is that many writers don't take the time to research the teams -- they vote for the big names, especially in classifications with which they're unfamiliar. I'm guilty of doing it to put the final teams on my 1A or 2A lists every now and then, but not when head-to-head data exists.

Good thing those polls don't matter.

Would knowing who won a head-to-head game the previous week even constitute "research"????? If they have to "research" such things and, even worse, if they are unable or unwilling to perform such "research", then why on earth are they voting in the first place??

Edited by RedRobin

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would knowing who won a head-to-head game the previous week even constitute "research"????? If they have to "research" such things and, even worse, if they are unable or unwilling to perform such "research", then why on earth are they voting in the first place??

Because their media outlets want them to vote or because they want to feel legitimate. It takes about 30-45 minutes to vote in all the polls... why not take an extra few minutes to do it right? Even the most seasoned voter will not get to watch the majority of teams he'll be voting for, but 3-4 minutes on CoachT is enough to get a reasonable picture of a team's worth, especially once it's played a few games.

Ensworth will continue to get votes whether you like it or not.

i believe the subject of the post was "self- respecting" journalists . My opinion is that the 2 votes were placed by journalists who were careless and did no research of the head to head matchup when Baylor dismantled Ensworth. I guess we will find out in a few days.