Greeneville vs West Greene

gvillealltheway

49 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

Greeneville was Recruiting Mosheim Players last year when Mosheim won the East Tenn title thats a fact!!

i dont see the big issue with GHS coaches wanting the best kids in the county on their team. They are competing for state titles, while the rest of the schools in Greene county are competing for county titles...that's not a knock or slight of the county schools either, I pull for ALL Greene county teams when they play outside the county. The same thing happens in sullivan county ( DB ), Blount County ( Alcoa and Mary.) and in Sevier County. I guarantee you if Jefferson county had more than one HS they would be doing it too. It's not like Greenevilles coaches are trying to get kids from California to move here and play. Again, I'm not slighting the county schools teams, I just think it only makes sense to try to get the best athletes in the county to come to your school ( no matter where you coach). Can you imagine if there were only one HS in greene county?

Less than 100... And the only reason I say that much is cause he gets 35 carries a game.

Boles has yet to have a game this year with 35 carries. He had 34 carries at Oneida and is averaging about 24 carries per game. He is having a good year and should get a great deal of touches per game--just like the best player on other teams get.

i dont see the big issue with GHS coaches wanting the best kids in the county on their team. They are competing for state titles, while the rest of the schools in Greene county are competing for county titles...that's not a knock or slight of the county schools either, I pull for ALL Greene county teams when they play outside the county. The same thing happens in sullivan county ( DB ), Blount County ( Alcoa and Mary.) and in Sevier County. I guarantee you if Jefferson county had more than one HS they would be doing it too. It's not like Greenevilles coaches are trying to get kids from California to move here and play. Again, I'm not slighting the county schools teams, I just think it only makes sense to try to get the best athletes in the county to come to your school ( no matter where you coach). Can you imagine if there were only one HS in greene county?

Edited by WGHS1987

All of you need to grow up! Money talks ( from your BIG MONEY MAN) and we all know who that is! Just so happened that the No 1 running back in the state is in a lower A school he is no good! BS His family just decided to stay with their alma matter and let the kid play ball! All you haters from GHS just wish he was your starting TB! With the talent from your team he'd prob be at 2000 yds already! I know the starting backs family( Gville), he is a great kid! You all just need to quit hating on WG's tailback just because he didn't come to G'ville. If we had one HS like many other counties, he'd still be starting in the back field! Don't be haters! This is a kid! Some GHS fans love to beat up on kids that go to county schools! He and many of the GHS players are good friends! It's a lopsided rivalry and everyone knows it! Go #32, don't let anyone get you down! He's gettting D-1 offers already,I don't recall ANYONE from last years State championship team that went D-1. Sorry about the grades, but that didn't happen!

No 1 running back in the state? :roflol: you have to be kidding me. I can name more than 10 back in the state better than him. Is he a good High School back? Yes he is good just not great. He wouldn't have 2000 yards even if he played for Greeneville because of the offense GHS runs and the competition they play. I don't see anyone beating up on the kid just giving opinions because we all have seen him play. This isn't last year and Greeneville has guys getting D-1 offers this year too :thumb:

All of you need to grow up! Money talks ( from your BIG MONEY MAN) and we all know who that is! Just so happened that the No 1 running back in the state is in a lower A school he is no good! BS His family just decided to stay with their alma matter and let the kid play ball! All you haters from GHS just wish he was your starting TB! With the talent from your team he'd prob be at 2000 yds already! I know the starting backs family( Gville), he is a great kid! You all just need to quit hating on WG's tailback just because he didn't come to G'ville. If we had one HS like many other counties, he'd still be starting in the back field! Don't be haters! This is a kid! Some GHS fans love to beat up on kids that go to county schools! He and many of the GHS players are good friends! It's a lopsided rivalry and everyone knows it! Go #32, don't let anyone get you down! He's gettting D-1 offers already,I don't recall ANYONE from last years State championship team that went D-1. Sorry about the grades, but that didn't happen!

You're a joke if u think boles is in the same category as Willie. Not even close and I'LL put money on anything that he don't go to a D-1 school on scholarship. He's too little.(no matter what he puts in his body)

I would like to find a way to compare west greene's stats with every other school they've played. Heard there is some fishy stuff going on down there with his stats.

I'm sure he is a great kid and a good athlete, not great. But comparing him to Willie, bj or even shuffler is just down right stupid.

I really don’t see anyone saying that Boles isn’t good. I think everyone knows he is a good football player and Greeneville would love to have him on their team. You can’t have too much depth. However, I really don’t think he would beat out the speed of Shuffler or the power of Hall. That doesn’t take anything away from him, that is just my opinion as well as the other Greeneville fans. Don't get so worked up over opinions.

• Upvote 1

ok, I'm not quite sure why you replied to my post with THIS reply. I was merely pointing out that most coaches want the best players available in their county. IF that somehow translated as me hating on county kids to you, then I don't even know how to respond to that. My kid is in a county school and I have tried to get her to come to city schools, simply for the education benefits. She wants to stay in her county school because of her friends and I'm ok with that. I know some athletes do the same thing, for the same reasons and I'm ok with that too. Let me say it again.....I DO NOT HATE ANY OF THE COUNTY SCHOOLS. I PULL FOR THEM ALL TO DO WELL. if that makes me a hater, then I guess im the biggest hater of all.

Greeneville was Recruiting Mosheim Players last year when Mosheim won the East Tenn title thats a fact!!

well who the heck did they recruit i shure havent seen any of them on the team? and i know boles fam also and they told coach case if he didnt get the ball more then boles would go to greeneville and you see what happen boles got what daddy wanted . and who knows daddy boles might be padding some pockets because the yrds and the carries dont add up with the scores unless he runs in circles . and friday when THE DEVILS ROLL IN HE WANT GET 50 YRDS AND THATS THE COLD HARD FACTS . D :twisted: evils 49 to 6 .

You're a joke if u think boles is in the same category as Willie. Not even close and I'LL put money on anything that he don't go to a D-1 school on scholarship. He's too little.(no matter what he puts in his body)

I would like to find a way to compare west greene's stats with every other school they've played. Heard there is some fishy stuff going on down there with his stats.

I'm sure he is a great kid and a good athlete, not great. But comparing him to Willie, bj or even shuffler is just down right stupid.

It kills me to read people's comments who show their ignorance. WG personnel does not keep ip with the stats. A Greeneville Sun sports reporter is at every game and they record and then report the stats. They do that for every school in Greene County, including Greeneville. Nobody was accusing Greeneville of cheating on stats last year when they were dominating with 2 great backs. Let's just give Boles, his line, and the coaches SOME credit.

Boles is a good back but he is not great . Look who they play every year , one and two A teams , Joe Dirt could run for 100's of yards . Greeneville defense will hold him to 50 or less ,untill the second bunch gets in. Case will leave him in for the whole game so he can get his yards up. West Green o-line was better last year.Greenville is well on there way to another gold ball and this will not be much of a test . The second string will match up pretty well.

I agree that Greeneville will win and probably win big. As far as WG schedule--they play NG every year, because they play all the other county schools. They picked up Oneida this year (4-1 , only loss to 5-0 Greenback). Oneida has been a top 3 Class A program in East TN for years (Hampton, Greenback) and went 4 rounds deep in the playoffs just 3 years ago. WG also has Unaka, who is awful this year--made the playoffs last year. WG picked up Cherokee this year (bigger school who plays in M West conf). When Case took over, WG was 2-38 the previous 4 seasons. To build a program up from rock-bottom, you can't schedule the top-dogs right away. As far as the othe schools they have played so far this year, they are conference opponents.

Don't agree with your statement about "regardless of who it has been against", You can't tip your hat to someone who puts up big numbers against blind and deaf schools. I would be more empressed if he had put up half as many hards against better teams. I could take Greenevilles back up RB and have 1,500 yards against Cherokee, Oneida, Grainger, Unaka, Cumberland Gap, North Greene. Boles is a good high school back but not a great one. I've seen alot of RB in the past 10 years that are better than him

Forget 10 years I've seen alot better in the past ten days no really he is a good player but way way over rated any decent back could have those numbers against the terrible teams they play the oggs kid from alcoa would put those numbers up in the first half alone against those teams. But Boles does play extremely hard ill give him that.

It kills me to read people's comments who show their ignorance. WG personnel does not keep ip with the stats. A Greeneville Sun sports reporter is at every game and they record and then report the stats. They do that for every school in Greene County, including Greeneville. Nobody was accusing Greeneville of cheating on stats last year when they were dominating with 2 great backs. Let's just give Boles, his line, and the coaches SOME credit.

JUST SAYING LIKE EVERONE ELS IS SAYING IN THE CITY AND COUNTY AND EVEN HEAR YOUR ON SCHOOL MEMBER SAYING IT ALSO . LOL EVEN COACH CASE SAID THAT HE DIDNT KNOW HE HAD THAT MANY YRDS THAT WAS ON TV HIM IN PERSON SO WHATS THAT ABOUT .THE YRDS AND THE LOW SCORES DONT ADD UP UNLESS HE RUN IN CIRCLES . :thumb: WE WILL SEE FRIDAY WHAT KIND OF YARDS HE GETS BET ITS LESS THEN 50YRDS . ANY TAKERS ON THAT BECAUSE THE DEVILS ARE ALL IN ! :thumb: