Greeneville vs West Greene

gvillealltheway

49 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

I agree with you that he would not have 1500 . I have said for years that wg needed to toughen up their schedule a little . They did somewhat this year with the addition of Cherokee and Oneida ( I guess , don't know much about them) . South Greene was always playing Boone , Crockett and cocke county while wg played UNaka and other single a teams . . We dropped Boone and that was probably a good choice . I think teams should play a tough schedule but not completely out of their league . I know none of the changes compare to science hill , Alcoa etc

About playing tougher competition, I agree, and I think they are moving in that direction. When Coach Case took over, they were 2-38 the previous 4 seasons. He needed to build a program, so he got lesser competition. Besides Boone, these "bigger" schools that South Greene played are not good. I credit South Greene for playing bigger school, that is great! However, WG used to play Hampton every year (even after they moved down to A). WG has also played Greenback 3 times recently and Oneida this year. Those 3 single A schools are better than Cocke Co., Crockett, and Unicoi Co. South Greene has had a good football program for years and can afford to play up some, WG hasn't and needs to gradually play up. I always like to back up what I say with facts, not ignorance so here are the "bigger" schools records since 2001:

Crockett 26-105 (0 playoff appearances)

Cocke Co. 20-102 (2 playoff appearances--none since 2002)

Unicoi Co. 21-107 (1 playoff appearance)

JUST SAYING LIKE EVERONE ELS IS SAYING IN THE CITY AND COUNTY AND EVEN HEAR YOUR ON SCHOOL MEMBER SAYING IT ALSO . LOL EVEN COACH CASE SAID THAT HE DIDNT KNOW HE HAD THAT MANY YRDS THAT WAS ON TV HIM IN PERSON SO WHATS THAT ABOUT .THE YRDS AND THE LOW SCORES DONT ADD UP UNLESS HE RUN IN CIRCLES . :thumb: WE WILL SEE FRIDAY WHAT KIND OF YARDS HE GETS BET ITS LESS THEN 50YRDS . ANY TAKERS ON THAT BECAUSE THE DEVILS ARE ALL IN ! :thumb:

You must have a hard time reading what I type. I agree, Boles will have a hard time getting 50 yards against G'Ville's 1st D. Greeneville has a great football program and will pound the county schools once again this year. As far as the stats are concerned, Case may have not realized he had that many--but the fact remains that the Greeneville Sun reporters keep track of the football stats. If they are wrong then, it is because the Greeneville Sun reporters made a mistake, not because "something is fishy". Good luck to both teams Friday, and good luck to Greeneville when they go back to the state championship game this season.

well who the heck did they recruit i shure havent seen any of them on the team? and i know boles fam also and they told coach case if he didnt get the ball more then boles would go to greeneville and you see what happen boles got what daddy wanted . and who knows daddy boles might be padding some pockets because the yrds and the carries dont add up with the scores unless he runs in circles . and friday when THE DEVILS ROLL IN HE WANT GET 50 YRDS AND THATS THE COLD HARD FACTS . D :twisted: evils 49 to 6 .

You are a Greeneville fan and you are talking about somebody padding some pockets!!! That is hilarious.

Gcfball your facts are facts I agree . But here is a fact to go with your facts . Their dazzling records are because of the teams they play each year . Not because they are bad teams . Crockett is down this year I agree but they are normally a good team , maybe not in their conference but they would finish near the top in the brac most years ( like last year and when the sumo kid was there )

All of you need to grow up! Money talks ( from your BIG MONEY MAN) and we all know who that is! Just so happened that the No 1 running back in the state is in a lower A school he is no good! BS His family just decided to stay with their alma matter and let the kid play ball! All you haters from GHS just wish he was your starting TB! With the talent from your team he'd prob be at 2000 yds already! I know the starting backs family( Gville), he is a great kid! You all just need to quit hating on WG's tailback just because he didn't come to G'ville. If we had one HS like many other counties, he'd still be starting in the back field! Don't be haters! This is a kid! Some GHS fans love to beat up on kids that go to county schools! He and many of the GHS players are good friends! It's a lopsided rivalry and everyone knows it! Go #32, don't let anyone get you down! He's gettting D-1 offers already,I don't recall ANYONE from last years State championship team that went D-1. Sorry about the grades, but that didn't happen!

WGHS1987: You started your defense with the statement of grow up. Now, look at your ending statement. Maybe you're the one that needs to take a dose of your own advice? Just a thought.

All of you need to grow up! Money talks ( from your BIG MONEY MAN) and we all know who that is! Just so happened that the No 1 running back in the state is in a lower A school he is no good! BS His family just decided to stay with their alma matter and let the kid play ball! All you haters from GHS just wish he was your starting TB! With the talent from your team he'd prob be at 2000 yds already! I know the starting backs family( Gville), he is a great kid! You all just need to quit hating on WG's tailback just because he didn't come to G'ville. If we had one HS like many other counties, he'd still be starting in the back field! Don't be haters! This is a kid! Some GHS fans love to beat up on kids that go to county schools! He and many of the GHS players are good friends! It's a lopsided rivalry and everyone knows it! Go #32, don't let anyone get you down! He's gettting D-1 offers already,I don't recall ANYONE from last years State championship team that went D-1. Sorry about the grades, but that didn't happen!

Haha.... this is probably the dumbest post I have ever read since I learned what coacht was. I dont know where to begin correcting your "asinine" post, and judging from your post you probably dont know what "asinine" means, so go get a dictionary to begin...Now that you know what "asinine" means i can begin talking about ur "asinine" post. 1. Daulton is a good RB, but not even top 20 RB in the state, and not even best RB in greene co. 2. I would love to hear of one D-1 offer he has gotten, and that even includes D-1(AA). Im pretty sure theres none. 3. If he went to Gville he would not have 2000 yds already because gville doesnt schedule cupcake teams. And he wouldnt be the starting RB so that adds to the fact also. Now being a pretty fast and strong athlete, coach ballard would find a way for him to start and get him the ball at slot or 2Gun or something like that. Now im not bashing Daulton whats so ever, im bashing the fool that posted this "asinine" information. And lastly, the most obsurd thing you said in an earlier post was that gville has a "money man" that recruits and pays players and parents!!! Come on man, how dumb could you be to think that players and parents get paid cause they play football. Your a complete fool. And i wouldnt be surprised if your a lil kid that plays for west greene's jv. God bless you, and goodnight.

Edited by WoodlawnFalcons

Does any WG fans know of any plans to bring in additional seating for the visitors side for Friday night's game? CDHS did a great job last year bringing in portable bleachers for the CD/GHS game. This would be great as seating at WGHS is way too limited.

Only plans is bring your lawn chair or maybe Greeneville can talk with the money man and see about buying some seats with extra padding on them! Sorry we don't have the funds like Greeneville!

Only plans is bring your lawn chair or maybe Greeneville can talk with the money man and see about buying some seats with extra padding on them! Sorry we don't have the funds like Greeneville!

Just another example of the bad attitude toward GCS. CDHS brought portable seating from somewhere. I just simply asked if WGHS planned to do the same. The question had nothing to do with this so called "money man." Sorry for ruffling your feathers man!

You must have resonded to the wrong person here WG.BVD and myself both had a run in the Greene county grade school system .We both have total respect for the county schools,"it is" what "it is" as for Greeneville vs those schools.As for the recruiting by the "BIG" school.Here is a fact that you might not be aware of.It has happened the other way as well.I was pressured not to come to Greeneville from Sunnyside and stick with my county champs and become a REB after we moved to town.After I got burnt out,my buddies from South Greene tried to get me to become a Rebel,"AND" a coach from WEST GREENE promissed I would be a superstar if I'd just play for him.My answer was the same when a local college ask.I have no interest in playing football. I don't know much about your running back,but I do know what it's like to have one playing and it's hard to be objective.The glory will come to that running back on it's own if he is a fine player.Nomatter what anyone thinks on coacht,the people that count will see his talent for what it is.If he is getting offers,he must be a ball player.Greeneville is flat out loaded with great players,and no reason to sell that talent short.There is nothing to brag about in beating a county school,or is there any reason to make excuses in getting beat by Greeneville.It was the same when we had one of the worst fields in all of east TN,but I miss that old corner of the Zone

Typical county school attitude. It was a simple question that needed a simple answer. By the way, you may not want to make the "Money Man" mad, because I’m pretty sure he has given the county schools a lot of money as well.

As for the recruiting by the "BIG" school.Here is a fact that you might not be aware of.It has happened the other way as well.I was pressured not to come to Greeneville from Sunnyside and stick with my county champs and become a REB after we moved to town.After I got burnt out,my buddies from South Greene tried to get me to become a Rebel,"AND" a coach from WEST GREENE promissed I would be a superstar if I'd just play for him.

Good point. That happens all the time.