Henry Co. Patriots vs. Northeast Eagles

RedSwarm10

We have never won a state championship. You did, and we all know you did, but that was nearly a quarter century ago, and really has nothing to do with this season or even millenium. Also, the all time series between HC and DC is tied at 17-17, with us having won the past four meetings by a combined score of 130-31. That too, has nothing to do with this season.

I'm generally a fair poster and although I treat them as a rival, I have nothing personal against Dickson County. But I'm just being honest, Dickson County is not on our level right now..and that is a fact. That might sound cocky or ignorant to some of you, but it truly isn't. I don't wear the red-shaded glasses, and if the roles were reversed, I would gladly admit it. Now if your team comes into HC and "knocks us off our high horse", then I will gladly be on here eating crow, but I'm just not expecting that to happen.

The Commissioner must chime in on this. The Springfield Yellow Jackets won a gold ball in the mid-90's and that didn't seem to help us against either Henry County or DCHS. This will be an interesting game when it is played. But please my friends don't forgot that there is much football to be played between now and the last game of the year. Let's hope that both teams have their full complement of players and there is good clean spirited play. This game has the chance to be for the region crown (according to RW that doesn't mean much this year). I would encourage Henry County NOT to overlook Northeast. They can be dangerous although you should have little trouble with them. NE's QB is the real deal and I expect to see him play on Saturdays some day. NE just doesn't have enough other players to go with him. Heck, we played NE close and look at happened to us against HC and DCHS. This does confirm RW dialogue that the region is down since the posters are already talking about this game and it is a month off. Should be some interesting and "locker room posting comments" made on here between now and then. Really wouldn't mind seeing this game myself especially if it is in Paris. I would enjoy seeing the OldDevil, Drew, Prez again and chew on some more ribs. HC's fans treated us well before the football team destroyed us.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the new Russell uniforms purchased this year...I can see where some might be confused given all of the "red" on one particular set of uniforms....maybe this helps. The Patriots helmets are Red with white facemasks..(a change that came about in the early 90s when the Patriots went from White helmets with red facemasks to the current color).... the new jerseys are red with white lettering,...white piping, and trimmed in navy blue with the Russell "R" logo in white. The pants are either the same red format with the white trim and blue accents or white with red trim and the blue accents depending on which set of pants the seniors elect to wear on a given game night. Since HC has not yet played a "cold weather game"...i've not yet seen the "red neck wear" you speak of in on any of the players. The coaching staff has beautiful new Russell sideline wear which consist of Khaki Russell sideline slacks and bright collegiate red Russell polos with above average size collars which might be were you've noticed the "red above the collar" region! That too puzzles me tho...because the coaches have a set of white Russell polos as well which they wear when the team is wearing their red jersey in an effort to be seen on the sideline in amongst all the red! Nevertheless...there is alot of Red on Friday game nights at Patriot Stadium or whatever venue the Patriots play in on a given Friday! Thanks for bringing this topic up....I'll look for these "neck scarfs" in red and see if we can't order a few to sell at the games. What size would you like??

Prez, the Commissioner says he saw a LOT of red too the night the Jackets came to Paris. Unfortunately, most of the red was on the our players bodies after the massacre.

Undefeated Freshmen dominated out manned Liberty tonight 49-8. Inman defeated Lexington middle 32-28 tonight in Lexington. On a side note, I think the Harrelson Hawks are still un defeated: they got a 350 yd. night out of their running back earlier this week!!! The future looks bright!

GO BIG RED

Harrelson is indeed undefeated at 7-0 with one game left against Lakewood on next Tuesday at Barton Field. Thomas Thompson had 320 yards of offense on just 7 carries. He is lethal.

http://parispi.net/articles/2011/09/29/sports/local_sports/doc4e8343b7afc8c883136643.txt

Harrelson is indeed undefeated at 7-0 with one game left against Lakewood on next Tuesday at Barton Field. Thomas Thompson had 320 yards of offense on just 7 carries. He is lethal.

http://parispi.net/articles/2011/09/29/sports/local_sports/doc4e8343b7afc8c883136643.txt

I would just go ahead and say they are 8-0 in that case.....lol

Edited by Kevin38

Really wouldn't mind seeing this game myself especially if it is in Paris. I would enjoy seeing the OldDevil, Drew, Prez again and chew on some more ribs. HC's fans treated us well before the football team destroyed us.

Commish, the game will be in Paris and of course you would be welcome to come again. But ribs won't be on the menu for the Dickson game, something even better!!! So come on!

Go Big RED!!!

Undefeated Freshmen dominated out manned Liberty tonight 49-8. Inman defeated Lexington middle 32-28 tonight in Lexington. On a side note, I think the Harrelson Hawks are still un defeated: they got a 350 yd. night out of their running back earlier this week!!! The future looks bright!

GO BIG RED

The freshmen class has a chance to be special. So much skill, speed, and size on that team!

Edited by SEC1rules

The freshmen class has a chance to be special. So much skill, speed, and size on that team!

The two running backs on that team could play significant time on several varsity teams. The quarterback isn't far behind, either. I've been watching this group since their early middle school years, and yes, they WILL be a special bunch. I just hope Counce and his staff stick around long enough for that class to come all the way through. These next few years could quite possibly be even better than the previous few years.

The two running backs on that team could play significant time on several varsity teams. The quarterback isn't far behind, either. I've been watching this group since their early middle school years, and yes, they WILL be a special bunch. I just hope Counce and his staff stick around long enough for that class to come all the way through. These next few years could quite possibly be even better than the previous few years.

that isn't very good news for the rest of us in the district. Good luck to you though

that isn't very good news for the rest of us in the district. Good luck to you though

A lot can change over the course of 3 years, but I just think if they stick with it, they can win a lot of games.

On another note, isn't realignment coming after next season?

BTW Gameday! Good luck to both teams! Lets hope both of us can avoid injuries! Go Patriots!!