Moore County @ Cascade

FridayMainEvent

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Cascade Champions
    • Moore County Raiders

Had you been there before half time you would have seen MC's four-four defense that didn't stop Cascade and apparently no defensive adjustment came back out to begin 3rd. quarter with same four- four defense and still couldn,t stop cascade Very possible a five -three could have turned the play in so linebackers could have a shot at a tackle.

MC's defense didn't play very well, and missed a ton of tackles, but if I'm not mistaken it did set the MC offense up in scoring position inside Cascade's twenty a couple of times in the first half. Due to lack of depth, I'm sure they were getting tired in the second half. I also don't think the MC offense did a lot in the second half, therefore the defense was on the field a lot.

Edited by MCBLUE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC's defense didn't play very well, and missed a ton of tackles, but if I'm not mistaken it did set the MC offense up in scoring position inside Cascade's twenty a couple of times in the first half. Due to lack of depth, I'm sure they were getting tired in the second half. I also don't think the MC offense did a lot in the second half, therefore the defense was on the field a lot.

Yes I agree with the defense was on the field alot, Also when #15 threw for 4for 14 if you look back at the game film 8 of thoes passes were right in the receivers hands and were droped ,had those passed been caught it could have made a difference in the out come of the game. lol

1A football is iron man football. I don't remember many M.C.teams that had a deep depth chart.Mac did good to have 30 out most years. M.C.'s winning reputation was built on strong aggresive teams that were well coached, not schematic teams. The key to having winning progams is quality coaching(especially in 1A ball)and a good mixture of jimmy&joes. #11 is as goods as you can ask for in 1A I think.

I saw about 10 mintues of a practice and the Warren Co. game. There wasn't alot of "hustle" in practice but there was alot of helmet dragging and walking around.During the game I observed lots of cheerleading by team after several basic plays and some "talking".That's not how Moore Co. ball used to be played. Both are reflections of the head coach be right or wrong. Just my opinions.

Edited by BURLEY

1A football is iron man football. I don't remember many M.C.teams that had a deep depth chart.Mac did good to have 30 out most years. M.C.'s winning reputation was built on strong aggresive teams that were well coached, not schematic teams. The key to having winning progams is quality coaching(especially in 1A ball)and a good mixture of jimmy&joes. #11 is as goods as you can ask for in 1A I think.

I saw about 10 mintues of a practice and the Warren Co. game. There wasn't alot of "hustle" in practice but there was alot of helmet dragging and walking around.During the game I observed lots of cheerleading by team after several basic plays and some "talking".That's not how Moore Co. ball used to be played. Both are reflections of the head coach be right or wrong. Just my opinions.

Well, you've been thru several coaches in the past six years. Talk like that will chase another one off. Lighten up. Seams to me the guys doing a pretty good job for the length of time he's been there.

I agree 100%, fundamentals, conditioning,and motivation is what Mac's team had when he was there. His players always came on the field with a swagger and they could back it up with their playing abilities. The Moore County teams since may have had one or two of the three but not all three.

7' post='2699925']

i do not know what practice was attended but it must have not been a moore county practice.....their entire practice, offense for sure is totally no-huddle and never stand around, they tackle every day and they never huddle on offense during any of their games...a very quick pace all of the time....i would get rid of the guy and try to get coach mac back....go raiders

i do not know what practice was attended but it must have not been a moore county practice.....their entire practice, offense for sure is totally no-huddle and never stand around, they tackle every day and they never huddle on offense during any of their games...a very quick pace all of the time....i would get rid of the guy and try to get coach mac back....go raiders

I agree with you and as for the coaching staff they seem to think #11 is all they need no one else matters.

You know it kills me to hear all this rubble, if i didnt know any better you would think mc is losing every game this year. News flash they have only lost 3 games, 2 of them to undefeated top 5 teams in single A and the other one to a top 10 team in 2A. From what i have saw of the games #11 is great player but they seem to divide the plays up between him 15 and 1 pretty well in my opinion. And yes they had a bad game last time out all across the board from the coachs all the way down to the players it happens, even the pros with all the money they make have off games, it happens thats why you play the game each and every week.