Ooltewah Owls @ SD Trojans

SoddyDaisyCajun

Been reading posts all year about Soddy Daisy coaches needing to do this and needing to do that. I have watched every game this season and the truth is SD just does not have the players to compete in 6A. SD does not have a play maker other than #32. #14 is a good QB but does not have a WR that is consistent and he gets about 1 to 2 seconds to throw before getting hit. Defense has not made a big play all year. I know some are going to say that the fumble in OT against Central was a big play but Central gave that to SD. The only player on defense that shows any fire is #52. The way I see it is if you dont have players that have the skills or desire to win it is hard to coach. I know it is partly the coaches job to instill the desire and that is one area we can improve but the coaches cant tackle, block or catch the ball for the kids.

BS

Everybody on the D gives 100%

Enough Said

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading posts all year about Soddy Daisy coaches needing to do this and needing to do that. I have watched every game this season and the truth is SD just does not have the players to compete in 6A. SD does not have a play maker other than #32. #14 is a good QB but does not have a WR that is consistent and he gets about 1 to 2 seconds to throw before getting hit. Defense has not made a big play all year. I know some are going to say that the fumble in OT against Central was a big play but Central gave that to SD. The only player on defense that shows any fire is #52. The way I see it is if you dont have players that have the skills or desire to win it is hard to coach. I know it is partly the coaches job to instill the desire and that is one area we can improve but the coaches cant tackle, block or catch the ball for the kids.

To say the only player to show any “fire†on defense is 52 is ridiculous. What games have you been watching. The score was 42-14, take away the 2 pick sixes you’ve got 28-14. We had the ball at least 4 times in the red zone with no points. You do the math. And to say there have been no big plays on defense is another idiotic statement.

To say the only player to show any “fire†on defense is 52 is ridiculous. What games have you been watching. The score was 42-14, take away the 2 pick sixes you’ve got 28-14. We had the ball at least 4 times in the red zone with no points. You do the math. And to say there have been no big plays on defense is another idiotic statement.

AMEN :thumb::thumb:

Enough about what some idiot says on here. We all know our kids play as hard as they can and give more than 100% all the time. As long as I know that I will always be proud of them. GO TROJANS!!!

:thumb: Ummm...your 100% correct.Ooltewah's defense has done its share this year and special teams(at times).

Soddy dropped 3 tds in the endzone(the first one would've been a highlight catch),so take away 2 BIG turnovers and soddy's 2 for sure tds and the score would have been tied!!! 52 does play hard,but when no one blocks you all night,it might look like he's the only one doing something,but last time I checked he didnt have 60 tackles friday,so somebody else was playing football,too.

Enough about what some idiot says on here. We all know our kids play as hard as they can and give more than 100% all the time. As long as I know that I will always be proud of them. GO TROJANS!!!

Hey Legend, Didn't see anyone one lay down against Bradley. Kids played hard. By the way, now that you have seen both the owls and Bears. What do you think for Friday night?

Hey Legend, Didn't see anyone one lay down against Bradley. Kids played hard. By the way, now that you have seen both the owls and Bears. What do you think for Friday night?

Thanks Hootowl. Your right our boys do play hard every game. As for the game Friday if Bradleys offensive line can slow down Ooltewahs pass rush it could be a long night for the Owls they just do not have enough offense to score with Bradley. But if Ooltewah will use the running game with #5 and #28 and not try to throw so much they could slow the game down and keep the ball away from the Bears. I say Bradley-31 Owls-21.

I hear so called fans in the stands all the time commenting on what the kids should've done on this play and what they should've done on that play. "Back when I played we would've done X!" BS...truth is none of us could could walk 5 feet in these boys shoes, they're bigger, stronger , and faster than "Back when I played!!" And I'll guarantee most, if not all these boys would tear these arm chair analyst a new A-hole, it's easy to say they don't give 100% from the sidelines and stands and hiding behind our keyboards, but they're the ones out there in the heat, the cold, the rain, bleeding and crying to where we can't see because they are giving 115% and people do nothing but criticize.

I hear so called fans in the stands all the time commenting on what the kids should've done on this play and what they should've done on that play. "Back when I played we would've done X!" BS...truth is none of us could could walk 5 feet in these boys shoes, they're bigger, stronger , and faster than "Back when I played!!" And I'll guarantee most, if not all these boys would tear these arm chair analyst a new A-hole, it's easy to say they don't give 100% from the sidelines and stands and hiding behind our keyboards, but they're the ones out there in the heat, the cold, the rain, bleeding and crying to where we can't see because they are giving 115% and people do nothing but criticize.

I agree 100% ms99.