Daniel Boone @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

16 members have voted

1. 1. Vikes or Blazers?

• Vikes
    • Blazers

Coach Jenkins is an excellent defensive mind and the cat and mouse of this game will be Boggs' speed em up spread vs Jenkins' pressure packages. Boone normally plays hard nosed football with tough linebackers and blue collar linemen and DBs. I would expect this year's edition to be no different. If the Vikings get the ball out fast, they will make some big plays. Boone needs to wear down the Vikings with the run game and must be successful early to get some play action passing mixed in. If the Vikings break out on top by more than 1 score this may turn for the worse. I was impressed with the Viking run defense until late in our game when they looked tired, but so did the Rebel D trying to tackle Delaney.

I think Delph is bigger than Berry and although less experienced seemed to have a good command of where he wanted to go. He is also a greater threat to get 5-10 yds on a called run or abandoning the pass than Berry. As good as Betsy's WR core was, the Vikings had better athletes, especially Lavergne. He commands help over the top. Betsy's attack was more take what they give, the Vikings seemed more go for the throat.

Both teams traditionally have good kicking games and seems to be in play again this year. it could be close enough for a big special teams play to make the difference.

I wish I could make this one but will be in JC pulling for the Rebels. Good luck and good health to both sides in what should be a very entertaining football game. Both teams understand the significance of this game with the loser looking at a possible losing season and the winner with renewed hope for a resurgent run. These kids will be up like a playoff game after the open week. It should be fun. thumb[1].gif

Spot on assessment. :thumb:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a fan of the game stand point. If it wasn't the Viks.

THAT WAS A GREAT ENDING!!!! :thumb:

"WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT" - Mr. Ryder

I believe the only way I would ever be able to see that game the way you do is if I was a Rebel convert. For me that last South drive was like watching the Hindenburg crashing to the ground in slow mo. <_<

Edited by Cap1

I believe the only way I would ever be able to see that game the way you do is if I was a Rebel convert. For me that last South drive was like watching the Hindenburg crashing to the ground in slow mo. <_<

Understandable. Honestly, the last two weeks have been great games. Even in a down year, it's probably been two out of the best 5 games I've seen since my wife introduced me to the Big 8/whatever it was before then. I didn't know there was anything outside of running the ball three times and punting. I have a feeling this will be the game of the week, but will be at the Hill. Think my 3 year old might actually come to his first game tonight. He told momma he wanted to come with the friday night crew tonight. After spending 5 weeks representing alone, we should roll about 5 or 6 deep tonight. Good luck.

Understandable. Honestly, the last two weeks have been great games. Even in a down year, it's probably been two out of the best 5 games I've seen since my wife introduced me to the Big 8/whatever it was before then. I didn't know there was anything outside of running the ball three times and punting. I have a feeling this will be the game of the week, but will be at the Hill. Think my 3 year old might actually come to his first game tonight. He told momma he wanted to come with the friday night crew tonight. After spending 5 weeks representing alone, we should roll about 5 or 6 deep tonight. Good luck.

Take that back. Boone @ Betsy there were 2, and Betsy @ Hill there were 2. Central @ Hill, Hampton @ Unicoi(I can't believe how time flies, saw some old friends.), TN High @ South, and South @ Betsy just me.

Looks like Jenkins is bound and determined to play 2 QBs and it's cost him the game tonight. The second QB (I won't mention names) is nowhere near ready for varsity action as you all have seen again tonight at TH. Not sure why he keeps putting him in but as long as he does Boone will keep losing.

Looks like Jenkins is bound and determined to play 2 QBs and it's cost him the game tonight. The second QB (I won't mention names) is nowhere near ready for varsity action as you all have seen again tonight at TH. Not sure why he keeps putting him in but as long as he does Boone will keep losing.

I'm sorry did I miss something? Where are you coaching at? Oh hmmm that's right your not. May want to get a couple of interviews lined up though, I hate to see ur expertise go to waste. Two quarterback system gives #7 a break rest from playing defense. Whereas #3 is not as good as 7 it keeps 7 fresh which serves a great purpose. Jenkins knows what he is doing that's why he is on the sidelines and you are in the stands. Better luck next time buddy....I guess not everyone can grasp the game.